3/16 - Ironton 66 Oak Hill 49 (D3 Regional Championship)

maniac66
All State

Re: 3/16 - 7 pm - Ironton vs Oak Hill (D3 Regional Champions

Post by maniac66 »

I agree you can't use the Burg Ironton game as a gage.
One it was the first tourney game for Ironton 2 Burg had nothing to lose by going all out and 3 Ironton played fairly reserved in my opinion.
That being said I think this is a focused Ironton team that has truly jelled at the right time.
Ironton by 15 or by 2 I will take either of them with a win

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

This will be the first time that Ironton will be guarded somewhat correctly since the Burg sectional final, since then I have seen nothing but lame basic Zone Defenses, and hard close outs/ball pressure on other players besides Ironton's 3, my guess is Norm will figure it out and it could be interesting, Oak Hill will be fine with the pressure, they are too disciplined to allow that to take them out of the plan.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Dr. Lou- Speed Kills! And, Ironton has a fire plug leading the way. And, when Carter isnt doing damage with his speed, Fletcher will take over. I would love to see Oak Hill give Ironton a game. But, I just cant see them overcoming all the speed, height, and talent of the both Carter, and Fletcher. Let alone the other studs they have on the team. I honestly thought that Piketon would be the best matchup, simply because of the Farmer boys, and their physical abilities, but obliviously they didnt put together a full game the whole tourney. I know everyone points to the Burg game, but I just think that Ironton has played so much better since then. Dont see the stall ball working in this one. Ironton by 20+......

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Ironton is on a roll and whether Oak Hill plays slow down or not , Ironton wins big. Can't believe Carter and Fletcher have not been approached by some college.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

bluedude62 wrote:Ironton is on a roll and whether Oak Hill plays slow down or not , Ironton wins big. Can't believe Carter and Fletcher have not been approached by some college.
Someone get Thad Matta on the phone

pinballwizard
Waterboy

Post by pinballwizard »

So smurray oak hill shouldnt show up???????
Oak hill will keep it close by slowing ut down ! Ironton by 8

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Speed and be countered if you stack the lane, going to be interesting to see the Oak Hill approach.

DukeBlueDevils
Waterboy

Post by DukeBlueDevils »

Postby NewEra » March 15th, 2013, 10:36 am
Speed and be countered if you stack the lane, going to be interesting to see the Oak Hill approach.

You can't stack the lane with the way Ironton shoots the ball. I look for this to be Ironton +15 by halftime and get even worse in the second half.

79statechamps
Waterboy

Post by 79statechamps »

[quote="NewEra"]Speed and be countered if you stack the lane, going to be interesting to see the Oak Hill approach.[/quote]

Welcome back NewEra, wondering where in the heck you & that mystery defense that would shut Ironton down have been hiding?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

You can still stack the lane and have defenders on Fletcher and Carter, no need to give heavy contests on players othern than Fletcher, Carter, or White, they account for I believe close to 90% of Ironton's total offense for the season statistically, so they will not be the reason you get beat.

79statechamps
Waterboy

Post by 79statechamps »

[quote="NewEra"]You can still stack the lane and have defenders on Fletcher and Carter, no need to give heavy contests on players othern than Fletcher, Carter, or White, they account for I believe close to 90% of Ironton's total offense for the season statistically, so they will not be the reason you get beat.[/quote]

First, the mystery defense, now you want to stack the lane or was that the mystery defense? C'Mon MAN? Is that all you got?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

How about a box and 5.

4 Guys play zone in the paint and 5 others play man to man D! :122249 :lol: ;-) :razz: :) :-D

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

79statechamps wrote:
NewEra wrote:You can still stack the lane and have defenders on Fletcher and Carter, no need to give heavy contests on players othern than Fletcher, Carter, or White, they account for I believe close to 90% of Ironton's total offense for the season statistically, so they will not be the reason you get beat.
First, the mystery defense, now you want to stack the lane or was that the mystery defense? C'Mon MAN? Is that all you got?
You are really demonstrating a relative lack of knowledge of the game right now. All joking aside, I am not going to mention it directly because Ironton is a local team, and ofcourse I want to see them win state.

DukeBlueDevils
Waterboy

Post by DukeBlueDevils »

NewEra wrote:
79statechamps wrote:
NewEra wrote:You can still stack the lane and have defenders on Fletcher and Carter, no need to give heavy contests on players othern than Fletcher, Carter, or White, they account for I believe close to 90% of Ironton's total offense for the season statistically, so they will not be the reason you get beat.
You are really demonstrating a relative lack of knowledge of the game right now. All joking aside, I am not going to mention it directly because Ironton is a local team, and ofcourse I want to see them win state.
What are you going to do to "stack the lane" and play up on carter, fletcher, and white. The best thing you might hope to do is play a triangle and 2 since white isn't much of a shooter and you could man up on carter and fletcher. However you would simply screen for carter and fletcher and they would have open looks all night. Not to mention they score 90% of the offense because they are that good. That doesn't mean the other ironton players aren't capable of hitting shots, because they are. Also its hard to setup your defense and stack the lane when ironton is creating turnovers and using there speed to push the ball even after makes.

TigsFan
Waterboy

Post by TigsFan »

No matter what Oak Hill throws at us we will counter it. We have the horses this year. Go Tigers!

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

The top guy in the lane can take ball screens until help gets back, almost like a hedge.

But anyway, best of luck to Ironton, great team we should see in Columbus!

79statechamps
Waterboy

Post by 79statechamps »

[quote="NewEra"][quote="79statechamps"][quote="NewEra"]You can still stack the lane and have defenders on Fletcher and Carter, no need to give heavy contests on players othern than Fletcher, Carter, or White, they account for I believe close to 90% of Ironton's total offense for the season statistically, so they will not be the reason you get beat.[/quote]

First, the mystery defense, now you want to stack the lane or was that the mystery defense? C'Mon MAN? Is that all you got?[/quote]

You are really demonstrating a relative lack of knowledge of the game right now. All joking aside, I am not going to mention it directly because Ironton is a local team, and ofcourse I want to see them win state.[/quote]

No NewEra, you got it twisted, you're the one demostrating a relative lack of the game! Do you really think by directly mentioning your defensive scheme that someone is actually going to listen? WOW!

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

:)

79statechamps
Waterboy

Post by 79statechamps »

[quote="NewEra"]The top guy in the lane can take ball screens until help gets back, almost like a hedge.

But anyway, best of luck to Ironton, great team we should see in Columbus![/quote]

I found your problem NewEra, It's right there where you said "until help gets back"!

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Would not be surprised to see Norm run a 1-3-1 zone with ball pressure on Carter. If that happens the question is if Lafon gets the lead will he force Norm into a man to man by holding it out front until they come out of it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”