Re: CHESAPEAKE vs PEEBLES

Post by Chesapeake »

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I could be way off on my assessment, but here it goes anyway:

I think Chesapeake has the superior starting five, hands down. If the Panthers are able to jump out to a lead early, and avoid foul trouble, I think they could cruise to a District Title. However, I think Peebles has enough parts to pull the upset. I really like Daniels in the post for the Indians. I also like the way Arey has been playing at the point, as well as the Indians shooters. It is going to be very important for the Indians to take care of the basketball and limit turnovers. They can't afford to allow the Panthers to jump out to a double digit lead and play catch-up all night. I think Chesapeake has too many weapons offensively and plays too well defensively as a team for Peebles to have to play from behind. I believe the Indians are going to have to go right at the Peake and try to get them into foul trouble, forcing the Panthers to go to their bench early and often. The more of those offensive weapons the Indians can get off the floor, the better their chances become. I think the Indians are also going to have to shoot the ball well, with balance. The Peake can definitely score points, and from all five starters at any given time. If the Panthers are clicking, they are EXTREMELY tough!

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Chesapeake, as they are as balanced 1-5 as any team in the SE. But, if Peebles can limit mistakes and avoid an early deficit, they are capable of pulling off the upset. Best of luck to both teams. I'm looking forward to watching the contest unfold.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

Panthers by 11.

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

Off night or not, that's all it takes when it comes to tournament; One team being just slighty off can end their season.
The "Peake by 20+" talk is an extreme stretch. I understand supporting your home/favorite team/school, but there is a fine line between extreme and realism. Peebles played possibly their best game of the year last friday night, while Peake seemed to struggle. Any given Sunday (or Saturday) anything could happen.

With my opinion being stated,

Peebles 56
Peake 48

TigerMan
Waterboy

Post by TigerMan »

Coming from a Ironton Fan, Peake is to much for Peebles to handle. Peake mops the floor with Peebles.

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

TIGERFOOL wrote:Coming from a Ironton Fan, Peake is to much for Peebles to handle. Peake mops the floor with Peebles.
This may be true but defense will no doubt dominate this game. Wouldn't surprise me to see a final score in the 40's. Lets see which gets to 60 and that team will be moving on. Good Luck Indians!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Peak 65 Peebles 51

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

freethrow25 wrote:
TIGERFOOL wrote:Coming from a Ironton Fan, Peake is to much for Peebles to handle. Peake mops the floor with Peebles.
This may be true but defense will no doubt dominate this game. Wouldn't surprise me to see a final score in the 40's. Lets see which gets to 60 and that team will be moving on. Good Luck Indians!
Only one team this year has held Peake below 50 (Logan Elm) ...and that was without McMaster. I don't see it happening this weekend. I see something along the lines of....

Peake 64
Peebles 49

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

I am pretty sure the one game the Peake lost was at OU.If Peebles can stop the big runs and get into the 4th with the game close I like their chances.Peebles by 3!

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

Chesapeake 72
Peebles 54

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles brings the heat and pulls the upset. If we control the tempo and play team ball the way we have been the last 3 games our guys have a shot. Good luck to the Indians!

Indian88
Waterboy

Post by Indian88 »

Peebles by 2, Arey outmuscles the Peake on the outside, Daniels, Chandler,Johnson and Gray take care of the paint. Good luck Indians!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Its almost that special time. Here's hoping that this is the season we finally get over the hump that is the district final. Roll Tribe!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good Luck to Peebles....but must play like last game to stand a chance

If Peebles doesn't play well it could be a 20 point game.

I'll guess Peake by 14

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Peebles are way in over their heads. Peake wins easily by 22. :122245

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Blackjack wrote:Peebles are way in over their heads. Peake wins easily by 22. :122245
:aaaaa42 Figured our resident hater would show up on here eventually. lol

acfan
Waterboy

Post by acfan »

alum88phs wrote:Peebles by 2, Arey outmuscles the Peake on the outside, Daniels, Chandler,Johnson and Gray take care of the paint. Good luck Indians!
If Peeb gets beat it will be because of this type of thinking. Peake has 5 that play at a time for their team. It's too bad for Peeb. Hope Peeb can pull it off with 4 players. I will aleays root for AC & SHL

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

acfan wrote:
alum88phs wrote:Peebles by 2, Arey outmuscles the Peake on the outside, Daniels, Chandler,Johnson and Gray take care of the paint. Good luck Indians!
If Peeb gets beat it will be because of this type of thinking. Peake has 5 that play at a time for their team. It's too bad for Peeb. Hope Peeb can pull it off with 4 players. I will aleays root for AC & SHL
If Peake gets in foul trouble you'll need more than 5. Key to the game.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jchitwood wrote:
acfan wrote:
If Peake gets in foul trouble you'll need more than 5. Key to the game.
Their depth is definitely an Achilles heel. Can be especially hard on a team that loves to push the tempo.

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

Foul trouble seems to be on quite a few peoples minds. With that being said Peebles can win or lose this game from the line. Would be good to see the SHL have 3 district titles today!

Return to “Boys Basketball”