Teams without a TVC championship?

KC Java
Freshman Team

Re: Teams without a TVC championship?

Post by KC Java »

George Jones wrote:
KC Java wrote:Its true. They have to be counting wins from the days of Racine High. Back then, Syracuse kids went to Pomeroy.

Syrause has always been in the Southern school district. Try stating some facts instead of just making something up because it sounds good to you.

Obviously you should spend your time in study hall doing homework instead of arguing with me. Kids at Syracuse had the choice of going to Pomeroy and most did. Ask Rick Crow or Mick Winebrenner if you dont believe me. It was considered more prestigious to attend PHS then hang with the mater farmers. And you cant count wins from a school prior to consolidation unless you let everyone do that. Maybe someone should do a little research and see how many wins the Chester Raiders had and then we will add it to eastern win total. I am sure Tuppers Palins had a high school maybe we can add in those wins too. See where this all goes. Racines wins are exactly that....racine wins. Southerns record should only reflect what they have done since becoming SOUTHERN. maybe meigs can add in all those wins from Middleport, Pomeroy, and Rutland....I bet that would put them ahead of RACINE.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Charlie Hustle wrote:
KC Java wrote:Its true. They have to be counting wins from the days of Racine High. Back then, Syracuse kids went to Pomeroy.

It amazes me how stupid some of these people who get on here and post are.Kc if your statement was true that would make their wins mean even more,because they would have gotten them with even less students.

You are right. It is amazing how stupid you are....read my post above. Get a tutor to help with reading comprehension if you need it.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

The problem in Racine is too many of these kids are playing other sports. They need to get back to focusing on basketball. Until they do that they probably never will win a championship, or get to the state like we did.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

The Dog wrote:The problem in Racine is too many of these kids are playing other sports. They need to get back to focusing on basketball. Until they do that they probably never will win a championship, or get to the state like we did.

Are you serious? According to the OHSAA website, Southern has a grand total of 97 boys! They don't have the numbers to "focus" on one sport without all others suffering.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Well they can be good at nothing, or focus on one thing and be good at it. Thats how we did it, and I think we did pretty good in basketball if I remember right.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

If everybody in the Southern School District is as "encouraging" to the kids as you are, it explains why the teams are, as you say, "good at nothing."

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

I know I know pat Johnny on the back and tell him he is doing great when he really stinks. Don't make him work hard either. I heard a Racine coach say the other day that if he forced the kids to work hard they would quit. Well no one patted us on the back until we actually did something. And no, winning the district wasn't one of those times either. They let kids miss shooting cause they want to play flag football, or lift weights or some other crap that don't do nothing to help them in basketball. Well keep letting them play touch football in the summer and lift the weights and keep getting the same results. Which is no trip to the state and no league titles. We did it different, and we had better results because of it. Thats all I'm sayin.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

The Dog wrote:I know I know pat Johnny on the back and tell him he is doing great when he really stinks. Don't make him work hard either. I heard a Racine coach say the other day that if he forced the kids to work hard they would quit. Well no one patted us on the back until we actually did something. And no, winning the district wasn't one of those times either. They let kids miss shooting cause they want to play flag football, or lift weights or some other crap that don't do nothing to help them in basketball. Well keep letting them play touch football in the summer and lift the weights and keep getting the same results. Which is no trip to the state and no league titles. We did it different, and we had better results because of it. Thats all I'm sayin.

anyone else starting to see why southern has never won a tvc championship? :lol:

WitnessProtection
All Conference

The Dog wrote:I know I know pat Johnny on the back and tell him he is doing great when he really stinks. Don't make him work hard either. I heard a Racine coach say the other day that if he forced the kids to work hard they would quit. Well no one patted us on the back until we actually did something. And no, winning the district wasn't one of those times either. They let kids miss shooting cause they want to play flag football, or lift weights or some other crap that don't do nothing to help them in basketball. Well keep letting them play touch football in the summer and lift the weights and keep getting the same results. Which is no trip to the state and no league titles. We did it different, and we had better results because of it. Thats all I'm sayin.

I didn't say kids shouldn't work hard or that coaches and parents shouldn't push kids to be their best at whatever they do.
What I meant was that if your collective community attitude is poor, it trickles down to the kids.
What you've described, Mr. The Dog, is an apparent character problem.
I hope that's not a community-wide issue.

:12224

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I for one like dogs ideas. I say lets all beat our kids when they come home after a loss. Beat the wife up too. When the team loses everyone needs to be miserable. That'll teach'em to be winners. :lol:

WitnessProtection
All Conference

M0TIVAT0R wrote:I for one like dogs ideas. I say lets all beat our kids when they come home after a loss. Beat the wife up too. When the team loses everyone needs to be miserable. That'll teach'em to be winners. :lol:

Now that's what I call MOTIVATION!!!!!

:122249

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Oh I'm not finished. The day after a loss everyone needs to still be mad and miserable. If anyone even cracks a smile they get another beating. Matter of fact the beatings for good feelings should last until the next game. Make'em remember how it feels to lose. Any kid that even mentions playing more than one sport should also suffer multiple beatings until he discovers his weakness. Hey, they don't call me the Motivator for nuthin. :122249 :lol:

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Install stocks in front of the school and lock the kids in after a loss.
Leave them in the stocks until the day of the next game so they can't get to the weight room.
Bread and water only.
Maybe a little electroshock therapy for MOTIVATION.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

^^^^ I liiiiiikkkkke it! Maybe you could come to work for me. You me and Dog sure could have some of these teams on track in short order with some of our ideas. :lol:

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Whippin' Southern athletics into shape ... medieval style, babay!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Go ahead and poke fun if you want, but what you guys are joking about would be more successful than patting little Johnny on the back all the time. Like I said no one patted us on the back and we had pretty good success. What have they accomplished since then. I will tell you, they have accomplished being the butt of the joke in this thread. So keep on patting Johnny and telling him he is doing just great and to keep playing touch football instead of shooting and playing basketball. Maybe if you keep doing the same things you will eventually get different results. I guess some people think that is better than doing what has worked before. But what do I know I am just an old man that played on a team that almost won the whole damned state. :roll:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

The Dog wrote:Go ahead and poke fun if you want, but what you guys are joking about would be more successful than patting little Johnny on the back all the time. Like I said no one patted us on the back and we had pretty good success. What have they accomplished since then. I will tell you, they have accomplished being the butt of the joke in this thread. So keep on patting Johnny and telling him he is doing just great and to keep playing touch football instead of shooting and playing basketball. Maybe if you keep doing the same things you will eventually get different results. I guess some people think that is better than doing what has worked before. But what do I know I am just an old man that played on a team that almost won the whole damned state. :roll:

Don't let the smilies fool you, I am not joking dog. If you let me use your kids and wife I will learn ya the finer points of motivational beatings. I will have Southern "almost winning the whole damned state" again in no time flat. :lol:

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

instead of beating wives and children how bout jus beating "the dog.?" :lol:

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

then pat the wives and children on the back. :lol:

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity