Logan win 72/50 over Athens

Witten--21 for Athens

Mays 23
Angle-15

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan scores-08/09

Post by noreply66 »

Don't know the times but should beable to see replay of the game on Nelsonville cable and Channel 2 in Logan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chiefs win third in a row

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

noreply...Got a final on Tuesday's reserve score?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

How'd the Chiefs do with makeup game against Bloom Carroll?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Haven't heard anything

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Logan won, not sure of the score.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 52
Bloom Carroll 47 ... final

Patrick Angle with 29 pts ... he didn't touch the ball in the last 5 minutes until the Logan last possession - went to the FT line to get points 28, 29 ... Logan did everything they could do in the last 3 minutes to give the game to BC ...TO's, couldn't get the ball closer than 30 feet without turning it over in the 4th ... poor substitutions, poor ball handling to break the BC press- apparently dribbling is what the Purple does - 7 straight possessions without getting past mid court ... 7 straight possessions without Patrick Angle touching the ball ... as much as Logan seemed to want to give the game to BC the Bulldogs were just as set on NOT winning the game - BC couldn't throw the ball in the ocean ... Logan won this one at the Line ... putting up 20 FT's making 17 for the game ... add to that the monster game by Angle ... Logan holds on to get the road W 52-47 ...

JV's

Logan JV 47
BC JV 45 ... final ... Coach Hleber's boyz go to 11-0 on the season ...

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

Angle was a monster tonight. He scored a ton of ways and is quite an athlete. Heard he's really smart too. Both teams played EXTREMELY hard tonight! BC couldn't throw it in the ocean you are right about that one. Look forward to this matchup every year! By the way is #2 ok for Logan? He looked like he was seein stars.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... haven't heard anything about Jordan Rutter , #2, looked to have had his head put into the floor, was out of it for a number of minutes ... hope he checked out okay ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to the Chiefs

trubbguru
Riding the Bench

Post by trubbguru »

I dont post here often But enough is enough cant set back any longer. Please P Floyd try to get your stats and facts a little straighter. I feel its pretty bad when all you do is bash players and coaches from a school you work at. Your (IMO) comments on the bloom game is where i had to draw the line. For those whom would like the FACTS With around 3 min to play Logan has a player seriously injured. A bad cut on his face, lost a tooth , concussion, knocked out on floor. he was later transported by squad. I believe Logan up 7-8 pt. Another fact I talked to one of the coaches, on the play right before this when the ref had to get between two players, another Logan player breaks a finger on his strong hand and which if you dont know is his best hand. Also Logans 6th man has an injury to his shoulder. So here we are logan has 3 of its guards injured or out. They are not deep at that or any other position. So bloom is in full crt press that the officials let physically out of hand. Oh and dont forget the worst call of the nite on #41 from loagn on the charge that wiped out a basket. But that player did come thru and hit 2 f.t. to put game away . Dont forget that sr player has played only (3 yrs of organized ball) so great basketball experience he has not. But he plays his heart out. And Yes angle did touch ball more than once in last 5 min. So here is IMO. The players and coaches whos minds were probably because of injury to close friend and teammate are not completely in game. And with 2 players playing hurt did a SUPER JOB of pulling off a win in a very hostile enviroment. So why don,t you get behind the school that gives you your pay check and push this team over the hump instead of always pulling back. (And your going to say you dont but they can read between the lines)I dont recall any coach or player bashing on Logans golf team on SEOPREPS for some of there short comings on the course. This I know from talking to some of your past and present players and there parents. This will be my last post on the subject I just want you to know this is I.M.O.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

pfloyd,

no one ever wants to hear anything negative. has to be all positive. :roll: :roll:

what does working at the school have to do with anything? what do you want him/her to do trubb? lie? silly post

hope rutter is ok!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan wins their 4th in a row

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... not sure what you are reading - where did I bash any player on the Logan team? I posted on THE GAME, what I saw happening on the floor ... I "bashed" no one ... I saw the injury to Jordan Rutter , your injury report doesn't have anything to do with what took place on the floor - I again reported what I saw (8 TOs in the last 8 minutes of play, 6 TOs on 6 straight possessions) again only the facts as I saw them , again no "bashing" of a player to be found ... why are you calling out #41 ... Jon King ... he had a great game ... made crucial FTs in the final 1 minute of play as did Patrick Angle with 1.7 seconds to play ... during the 6 straight possessions that Logan had TOs Angle did not se the ball - I posted that to point out that Patrick IS the strongest man on the floor, with the ball in his hands there was not a single BC defender that was going to take it away from him, he was going to get fouled - Angles was 12/13 from the FT line for the game ... imo this one wouldn't have been a one possession game in the last 1 minute of the game ... as far as support I give to the kids? 100% ... YOU have no idea what I do to support these kids every single day in the hallways, in the cafeteria, at Logan High School ... talking to them, encouraging them ... to come on here , call me out as a person who does not support the basketball program at Logan High School ??? you're clueless ... to bring up golf ??? again clueless ...

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

I have read and re-read the last few posts by pfloyd that pertain to Logan. While there is nothing said directly...the posts seem to bring up more negative than positive. I certainly agree that pfloyd has the right to his opinion. I would question his really supporting the Logan boys basketball program. You say you do things to support the individual players but your posts read different toward the program. Don't forget the program is the entire team and coaches not just a few players that you like.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i got to agree with some of these posts. some negitivity or cold shouldering from pfloyd to his own school. it sounds more like he is wanting to tear down the logan basketball program instead of build it up. :roll:
maybe he shouldn't spend so much time trying to write on a napkin and watch the game and enjoy a good high school basketball game. :?

YOUR JUST A FAN DUDE, GET OVER IT YOUR ELITE 8 THREAD ISN'T GOING TO BE READ BY ANYONE FROM ESPN OR THE SPORTING NEWS. :lol: :lol:

pitime
Waterboy

Post by pitime »

Any win vs. a Tom Petty coached team is a quality win, especially on their home floor. Comments regarding "poor substitutions" and "apparently dribbling is what the Purple does" (concerning BC full court pressure) are remarks that are NOT supporting the LHS PROGRAM. I agree that everyone should have their own opinions, but posting them in a public forum are direct shots at Coach Myers and his staff. I was not at this game but I am VERY familiar with both programs. I'm sure Coach Myers has disected the film of this game and will fine tune his Press "O." Go Chiefs and best of luck the rest of the season LHS starters, substitutes, and the entire coaching staff.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

keep up the good work pfloyd. you have a right to your opinion and can say anything that you think is prudent. post what you want. coach's need to except the fact that we taxpayers pay their salary and as their (board of directors so to speak), we (citizens of logan) can criticize anything we like according to forum rules. when they accept the check, they accept the responsibility that comes with it, be it good or bad.

pitime
Waterboy

Post by pitime »

Amen Logangrad. To qualified101, you are talking about HS coaches, not multimillion dollar college coaches like Pitino, Matta, or Roy Williams. Don't get me wrong, a community should have high expectations for its ACADEMIC and extra-curricular programs, but to blatantly take shots behind the screen about moves like "poor substitutions" is NOT supporting the program! Until you put the time in that Coach Myers and his staff do, posting comments that parents, players, and fans have access to on a daily basis can only be detrimental to the overall success of the PROGRAM. Coaching is not an exact science. All the off-season conditioning, summer camps, open gyms, practices, and scrimmages that a staff implements (like Coach Myers), will still produce an imperfect product. If you don't believe me, go to the State tourney at the Schott in March. Let the LHS kids and staff enjoy the journey where they strive to improve, develop team chemistry and learn to deal with the inevitable peaks and valleys that imitate real life. If certain LHS fans know that much about hoops, have you looked at getting on staff as a paid or volunteer coach? ( Maybe a new press "O" could be shown that would "guarantee" getting the ball to your strongest and best player against a well-coached BC team on their home floor?) There are many tasks that could be helpful to the entire staff that would benefit the whole PROGRAM. Second guessing moves on here by Coach Myers is not one of them. Go Chiefs and best of luck to the entire PROGRAM!

Return to “Boys Basketball”