Chillicothe 89 Vinton County 42

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Chillicothe 89 Vinton County 42

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Cavaliers on the win......one more for the Final 4!!

I didn't go to the Convo last night......I opted to go to Wright State and watch a GOOD St. Paris Graham team beat Canal Winchester.......it was not a fluke.......Graham reminds me of a better version of Logan Elm.......not much size, tallest starter 6-3, but they can really shoot from the outside. B.J.Mullens got in foul trouble early, but still played the majority of the game and scored 31 points. Canal's defense on the perimeter allowed the Falcons too many points.

It will be Graham vs. Kettering Alter for the regional title......I think that Graham is the better team, but I never count out Alter. Joe Petrocelli is a veteran, wily coach with over 600 wins.

Depending on the weather, I do plan on coming to the Convo on Saturday to watch Chillicothe win the regional title. And I did say WIN the regional title...............

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: That is an old-fashioned @ss whooping right there. Congrats Chilli and good luck Saturday at the Convo!!!

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

http://athensmessenger.com/main.asp?Top=1&SectionID=7

Another good article. Go to "photo gallary" for a few more pictures.
Great season Vikes!
Good luck to the Cavs!!

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

Captain Jack wrote:
pinapplrdhwk wrote:Sir you've talked just as much smack as me.

Furthermore I live 4 hours away from Athens, and if i didn't have at 8 am I would have went to the game.

Stop acting like you didn't talk a lick of smack all week.

I may talk a little smack, but I DO watch the games. :122245

Again, I'm questioning your fanhood. :lol:

well i will vouch for pinapplrdhwk's fanhood. he has been at just about every football and basketball game chillicothe has played the last 4 years. this year he has not been at as many games as in the past, but he is working toward something that is a little more important than high school athletics 8) 8) . i do know that if he could be there he would. this man is a cavalier, and he will always be a cavalier. there should be no one questioning his fanhood. we here in chilli know that you are a true fan pinappl, keep up the good work my friend.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

Philo...thats funny right there...i dont care who ya are.

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Philos_Finest wrote:The Colts have a very good player of their own in Phillp Biggs. He is just like Logan Aronhalt but not as strong & not as talented. He can jump just as well & he can shoot just as well. With that being said, Chillicothie by as much as they want(if they don't take this game lightly).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I'm just like Lebron James but not as tall and athletic, and I can't shoot. :lol:

I am sure he is good but that is like saying ray chambers is just like Amare Stoudamire just not as strong and athletic. :lol:

I hope you know I'm just messin with ya.

Pinapplrdhwk(still don't get the pineapple part)...We no you are a real fan. I wasn't able to attend Thursday either and I guarantee we are both better fans than nearly everyone who was so don't worry what some other bandwagon fan says.

all around
Waterboy

Post by all around »

WOW What an awakening for VC.Chillicothe must have been running on all cylenders

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Image VC Vikings :!:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Nice Bassmaster. You should be proud. Real Classy!

Army
S

Post by Army »

The VC Vikings should hold their heads up high. They lost what, 3 whole games in two years? That's an accomplishment that speaks volumes and that several teams would aspire to meet in SE-Ohio. I am sure that we all will see them again next year at the CONVO. They have a great program and represented their school, the community and the TVC-Ohio with heart and pride.

Good Luck next season VIKES.

GO CAVS

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Thanks Army, that means a lot to us.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Army wrote:The VC Vikings should hold their heads up high. They lost what, 3 whole games in two years? That's an accomplishment that speaks volumes and that several teams would aspire to meet in SE-Ohio. I am sure that we all will see them again next year at the CONVO. They have a great program and represented their school, the community and the TVC-Ohio with heart and pride.

Good Luck next season VIKES.

GO CAVS

Army, very nice post. You and I have had our words in the past, but you have been nothing short of cordial recently. Best of luck to your Cavaliers and take care on your upcoming trip. Stay safe. ;-)

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Nice Bassmaster. You should be proud. Real Classy!

Nothing personal hawkeye but I was just wondering how some of the VC folks on here were handling their humble pie :!: We watch how some of you guys make big predictions on here through the weak schedule all season and how the starters would be pulled in the 3rd quarter, etc. That's really classy too. :roll: Just checking to see what responses I would get. Image

Oh and congrats to the Vikings and coaching staff on a nice season and good tournament run. Image

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

i just hope chilli isnt 2 used to winning because it wont happen much next year :122249

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

MOBSTERMAN wrote:i just hope chilli isnt 2 used to winning because it wont happen much next year :122249

I bet English teachers just love you in class.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

MOBSTERMAN wrote:i just hope chilli isnt 2 used to winning because it wont happen much next year :122249

lol
and why is that? they return 6'5 seth dawes, 6'1 caleb knights, 6'5 ron smith, 6'4 jordan benson, 5'11 michael turner......chilli's subs have logged alot of playing time this year. plus, though i havent seen him yet 6'7 soon to be freshman(rated in top 30 ) chilli will be fine next year.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

lol mobsterman that might be the most uninformed post i've ever read. Chilli will be a district championship contender next year as well and it wouldnt be a total shock to see them get this far considering the hit the regional took when no columbus teams came down to play.

i've been preaching to people all year that this team may very well with the SEOAL again next year (portsmouth will be tough), and will be right there with Greenfield/Logan Elm as District contenders.

Caleb is back to run the point with the poise a 4 year starting senior should, plus he will score more b/c Caleb does what the team needs him to do.

Seth Dawes will be back to control the paint and plus will have more set plays ran for him next year to show that beautiful jumper since there wont be any Hump.

Ron Smith will have a big year next year. He's buried behind Ray and Seth right now but honestly would be a starter and top tier player for any other team in the district.

Mike Turner-prolific scorer at every level who is cat quick and can handle the ball, he's simply stuck behind 4 year starting guards. Mike will make a name for himself.

Jordan Benson is versatile and smooth. he's a big body with great athletcism and with consistent PT he'll find a groove for sure.

Malik London-6'7" dunking sensation in the 8th grade at Chilli now. Ranked in the top 30 players in the country for 8th graders....think he wont contribute?

Thats a pretty dangerous team IMO. its a shame the North kid decided to quit. he would have helped tremendously.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

Chilli will be D2 for a long time.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

i dont see chilli ever being d1 again.....chilli has a big senior citizen population(that im closing in on) and more and more people are building in the country....(wish i would have)....but noooooooooooooooooooooo, i didnt get a choice, thanks to the mrs.

Return to “Boys Basketball”