Eastern @ Meigs 12/28

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Thanks. I thought maybe it was Tyler because I think he quit last year if I remember correctly.

gimmeabreak
Waterboy

Post by gimmeabreak »

why???

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i hope it is a good game too. maybe will gets to play. last year in the jv's game he hurt his ankle and had to come out.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Sorry to hear this about Nathan. :(

crabbycrabs
Waterboy

Post by crabbycrabs »

here we go again , boys and like i say, BOYS not getting their way they up and quit. then they run home and start on here to see how much support they can get. This will be the last post i write about . quitting but if it is true, I hate to see it and hope everyone don't feed in to this post because this is what he WANTS.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Sad to hear the news. Don't know why he quit but maybe it is because he has not been getting as much playing time as he did last year. Hate to not see him play though. Hopefully this will not effect them against Meigs and the rest of the season.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

a little overreaction there crabby. he is not on here complaining is he? it does not make him any less of a man. if he is never going to play why dedicate every night to something that is going nowhere? i am of the belief that ANY kid can play SOME. a coach should find some time to let every kid in. be it end of a 1/2 or the start of quarter. if you have a kid who has practiced since october i am sure something can be worked out.
but that's not my call.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I wish every kid could get in but this isn't pee-wee. If a coach didn't have to worry about getting run out of town then things could be different but he does.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Boy, you know, if memory serves me correctly, I read on here last June that he was not showing up for open gyms and other activities with the team during the time when the Coach is permitted to work with the kids.

Hmmmmmmm, you know, maybe putting in the extra effort, swallowing your pride, putting in the time, and being a leader are values that a coach looks for from his/her upperclassmen. don't know, maybe I am way off base and out in left field :shock: (like the baseball analogy, GW?)

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
checkin4ticks
Waterboy

Post by checkin4ticks »

fasteach, this kid did get to play he was part of a very fast moving team, the coach subs in up to three players at a time, trying to keep fresh legs in the game. he may not get as much playing time as last season but this could be because numbers are up and alot of the players on the floor are kids that worked hard all summer.

maker
Waterboy

Post by maker »

Nathan is a good kid. Must have been something said. Good ball player. Hate to see it.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Maybe the morning practice on Christmas Eve that was mentioned on another thread didn't go over so well :?: ;-)

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i do not know this kid at all. so please do not take anything i said as gospel. some kids play because mom and dad make them play and as soon as they can really say NO! they do. sorry if i upset anyone. that was not my intent. see you friday.

maker
Waterboy

Post by maker »

Dont think so. He was a dedicated player and was used to having practices whenever coach decided he was going to have them!!!

checkin4ticks
Waterboy

Post by checkin4ticks »

he is a good kid, however he must not have been too dedicated or he wouldn't have quit and left his team hanging

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

Things are getting heated about this Carroll kid quiting!
Has a year gone by that someone hasn't quit playing for Coach Caldwell?? :lol: Coach Caldwell getting run out of town? I don't see that happening. Look at what he has done with the Eastern program.

No chatter about the Meigs side?? The W last week really settled things down.
I hope it's a good game Friday. It should be a good inter-county battle.

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

The Carroll kid played, maybe not as much as he would like. But, Howie has a good bench this year, and rotates in and out. Nothing wrong with that.

maker
Waterboy

Post by maker »

Good point Go Get It.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I remember someone saying that Nathan was also sick for a week or so recently.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

this just in.....

Meigs 62, Eastern 49

Return to “Boys Basketball”