SOUTHERN vs. MEIGS

M_I_A
Waterboy

Post by M_I_A »

seems to me that everybody on here is slamming a few people for saying what they think of the meigs coach.last time i looked that was their right as an american.i am a meigs fan have been all my life go to all most all the games i can football or basketball.do i agree with pantsless with what was said in thea post? yes i do!!! have any of you been to the meigs games this year. i have all except one and the coaching is terrible. i know it his first time as head coach.but take the game against southern you attack their defenese the first half and led by 12secound half your offense is no where to be seen. when you have very good talent on this team and they do. your best five needs to play and i mean let them play dont tell them not to shoot.if the coach would let this team run most teams couldnt stay with them.southern didnt the first half and any body who was there has to agree.and before anyone jumps on me i do know a little about the game you will never see me bash a kid on here.and before anyone hammers us for talking about the game and the coach.come to the games and see for your self

clemente
Waterboy

Post by clemente »

I have been reading all this crap for the last few weeks, and it is very sad that anything said about Meigs Basketball leads to the bashing of Coach Ewing.....Everyone knows the history at Meigs and how hard it is to when there in basketball so why not give it a rest, and for once be a Realist......Lets give the players some props and talk about future opponents for the Marauders.....

P.S. Good win Southern...

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

rt33fan...you are agreeing with something I DID NOT say. I never said anything about the coach not knowing how to coach. If you read all of my posts you'll see that I am totally against the coach bashers on here.

rt.33fan
Waterboy

Post by rt.33fan »

frozen rope i read your post and was agreeing with what you said about the meigs fans not being supportive.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

There are always a few fans at any school that want to bash the coach. I've seen it done to Norm Persin, Jim Osborne, Saunders at South Gallia, Howie Caldwell, Layton at River Valley, Rees at Southern, and the list goes on. I guess you have to expect that from some folks and the coaches in the stands are just as bad if not worse than the internet coaches :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess you could call them "coach whisperers" :idea: :idea: :idea:

son_ofthe_south
Waterboy

Post by son_ofthe_south »

I think some people need to be reminded of the recent history of Meigs basketball. Wolfe went 2-19 in his first season back as Meigs coach. Abbott was 1-20. So, the fact that Ewing does not have a winning record at this point doesn't surprise me.

In my opinion, Meigs should not be 0-5 right now. They should be 1-4. they should have gotten a win against Southern. They had careless turnovers and forced too many shots. I think this can be attributed to being a young team. Bolin, Tolar, and Goode have varsity experience. But, most of the other players on the team are either sophomores or juniors/sensiors with limited varsity playing time. Hopefully, this team and coach can get some chemistry quick because they have some winnable games coming up.
Last edited by son_ofthe_south on Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

son of the south;
do you know what i can't understand? why it's my fault that meigs is 0-5. it is not the coach ask sportyspice or bassmaster or frozen rope. it is not the kids, it is mine and the 10 others on here complaining. from what i saw saturday we must be the only ones still in the stands because by the end of the game southern outnumbered us 5-6 to 1. but we are supposed to shut up and take it because a few living far away and NEVER been to a game and NEVER gonna come to one, are offended.
frozen rope you have by your admission been to 1 game of meigs this year and that was homecoming in football.you have not been here in 2 months. that makes about 3 football and 5 basketball games behind me. which of us has the right to have an opinion about meigs sports? did i once rip chancy? did he win every game or make every right move? no . if i did find it. that's easy.
i am not obsessed with ewing. until june i did not even knew he existed. i am obsessed with a coach who i believe is tearing the heart out of my schools basketball program. you are right he will probably be gone next year. and the program will have to struggle to find enough kids to even exist. what have we got now? really no jv's most of our jv team is 9th graders and only 5 of them! who replaces them as they move up if they move up. are any of those kids ready for varsity? they are 1-4. will we eventually have 8th graders on jv's? this is the reality of meigs basketball. who is the head of meigs basketball? i believe it is the head coach. does this sound like panic time? it does to me.is he doing anything? yes he is, he is arguing with every parent who want to talk. 1 less kid. 1 less person who will support the sport. 1 less vote on a school levy.
now instead of complaining about people voicing their meaningless opinions on coach ewing. what is really important?

spaceball1
Waterboy

Post by spaceball1 »

IT IS SO SAD THAT YOU THINK YOU ARE HELPING THE PROGRAM. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURMOIL AND POLITIC CRAP LIKE WHAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IS WHAT TEARS DOWN THE PROGRAM. EWING CAME BACK TO HIS SCHOOL TO COACH (I AM SURE, BECAUSE HE IS PROUD TO BE A MARAUDER) AND HE HAS BEEN MET WITH GREAT RESISTANCE FROM EVERYONE, THE PARENTS, THE AD, THE SO-CALLED FANS, AND THE KIDS. THE TRUTH IS THE KIDS LIKED ABBOTT AND FELT LIKE THEY WERE BETRAYING HIM BY LIKING THE NEW COACH......AND NEXT YEAR IT WILL BE THE SAME WAY BECAUSE JERKS LIKE YOU WILL GET EWING FIRED AND THEN THESE KIDS WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT THEY ARE IN NOW...IT IS A VICIOUS CYCLE THAT MEIGS SPORTS HAS TURNED INTO......IT IS VERY SAD FOR THOSE OF US WHO HOPED OUR CHILDREN WOULD GET TO BE MAURAUDERS, LIKE US!!!

I GUESS EASTERN HAS MEIGS BEAT IN MORE THAN JUST TEST SCORES! (NEVER IN MY LIFE DID I THINK I WOULD SAY THAT!)

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

MIA, it may be a right as an American, but Stockykid thinks he is helping Meigs. If your a Meigs fan, then back everyone else. Do you know what it could do to a Meigls player if he were to get on SEOPS and look at these posts? Stockykid has said how horrible this team is and how bad they played many times. And has taken certain players sides, must be a friend?

Stockykid does not need to be posting. He has started and uproar in the Meigs community as it seems. People like him/her are the reason teams and the fans get out of control. It always happens in sports. Look at Lloyd Carr! The fans hated him near the end of the season and it caused the program to slip this year. I do believe fans can ruin a pragram. Your doing it kid.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

4 sporter; stocky kid said who is horrible? you aid it show it.
i said that this team this year right now is playing horrible and i wish i knew what to do because they all are better kids that that. let's get this straight now. this team is under performing but they all are great kids 100%. so let's stop that lie right here.
spaceball 1;
you're right, what do we do? it can't go on like this, agree? take the personal out and give your answer. i'll listen. 1 thing do not bash the players

InTheBleachers
Waterboy

Post by InTheBleachers »

I've been reading all of Stockykids posts, and I can't seem to remember a time when he ever said something negative about the kids. He is always saying positive things about all of them, like asking why Goode was sitting on the bench or saying we could have lost by 50 without Hutton. If Tolar is his favorite then so be it, it's his choice. Someone has to stand up for these kids, and even if its someone the kids don't know who it is, it's still someone. If anyone can tell me of a post where he is putting anyone down but the coach please point it out. The coach is supposed to be a big boy and take the criticizm, he almost acts younger than the players do. I'm an outsider at games and the fans still inform me of things I can not believe a coach would do to a team he wants to put wins on the board for him. It doesn't strike me as the least bit odd that the fans do not support him, he won't even talk to the parents, and needless to say since he won't talk to them he would not be talking to the fans or thanking people for coming to the games why would the fans care for him in the slightest? I agree Stockykid, if everyone would take the personal agenda out of it, even the coach, the team would get better. But it seems as though the coach wants the status, and just can't achieve it, so he is knocking down the blocks (or the kids in this case) to make people think he is better than he actually is.

roundball'07
Waterboy

Post by roundball'07 »

I've read many, if not most of the posts about Meigs' new coach. I do attend games. I know all of the players and talk regularly with some of them. As a fan I'm not upset with the lack of wins. I am upset with the way the players have been mistreated. I have watched these boys since their elementary days and up until this year have seen improvement in their skills and talents.

They don’t have the fire that was once there. Gone are the confidence, pride, and comradery between the boys. Most sadly of all, their drive to play well has also vanished.

How has this coach managed to squelch these qualities? To me, this is the mistreatment.

The team unfortunately lost to Southern Saturday evening, only because they attempted to run the plays demanded by their coach. Then after the defeat were forced to run plays in the closed gym. Did the team really need to be practicing basketball drills or does the coach actually need coaching lessons?

spaceball1
Waterboy

Post by spaceball1 »

IF THEY WERE PRACTICING A OFFENSE AGAINST THE 1-3-1, THEN THEY NEEDED IT BECAUSE THEY DID NOT RUN ONE THE WHOLE SECOND HALF. THEY ARE YOUNG, AND NEED A LITTLE MORE MENTAL TOUGHNESS. THEY ARE EASILY RATTLED. SOUTHERN CAME OUT IN THE SECOND HALF AND SHOT REALLY WELL. THIS TEAM HAS BEEN LOSING FOR A FEW YEARS NOW, I THINK THAT MIGHT BE THE RESON FOR THEIR LACK OF DRIVE. THEY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE ABOUT THEIR ABILITIES, THEY ARGUE WITH EACH OTHER ON THE COURT INSTEAD OF BEING ENCOURAGING.... I HOPE THEY CAN PULL IT TOGETHER!

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

omg. worse display of basketball ever alexander by alot! meigs had 5 foul out. i don't know where they where more confused on offence or defence.
looked like the italian army in ww2.

i have now come to the conclusion meigs will not win a game. they are terrible. i heard that the coach blames the refs for the loss, but clearly the players just do not have a clue what they are doing without cory hutton we would have lost by 50. i bet that a good coach could have picked 5 kids out of the crowd and done as good a game. sad to watch such displays of total ineptitude.

cpt jack at this time i don't believe they can beat anybody

Here are 3 examples buddy. Just to say that I do have the facts. These are posts on a different thread, you have said "Meigs will not win a game", "they are terrible" multiple times. You also said "the coach could pick 5 kids out of the crowd and done as good a game"

How do you say that you are not bashing the kids. Who are "they". The players right? Yes I think that is what you mean.

It is obvious to notice that Roundball'07, InTheBleachers, and M.I.A. are all associated with Stockykid in some way. THey all have less then 10 posts so they have reently registered to flame up the arguement. Is you your guys' goal to ruin Meigs basketball? Are you the players trying to state your disgust with the coach? Who are you, what is your purpose?

Bassmaster, looks like the Eastern fans have more support of Meigs basketball at this present time!

-I Am What I Am
M_I_A
Waterboy

Post by M_I_A »

4sporterEHS fans at eastern. you fans at eastern have a coach who is tough loud and sometimes a little out of it but i like howie have knowed him for years when he was jv at southern.he is one thing are coach in not he puts the players and winning above him self.i have never heard him ever say that he won the game it was the players if they lost he would say we made mistakes or was out played never did he blame the team.i can bet you go up and say coach hows the team doing and he stand and talk to you about them not here at meigs the coach does not talk to the fans or parents some of the players on meigs i know dont know weather they are starting setting the bench. its a bad time right now at meigs. who knows there are 15 games left still time to turn it around. with the best 5 on the floor we can play with anyone.and thats why i think everyone here at meigs is mad because at times half your best is on the bench for no reason at all.when you have the horses let them run you cant hold them back like the 2 half against southern

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

This is not about Coach Caldwell, its about you, Stockykid, InTheBleachers, and roundball'07 starting stuff that should not be started. The only way to fix a problem, is to go to the source. If you have a problem with the coaching, go to him. If I knew you boys, I go up to you and ask you what the deal is!
Last edited by 4sporterEHS on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-I Am What I Am
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Boy, the only thing I can say is that this is just sad. I'm not bashing anyone, I'm just disheartened by all of the negative things being said about the program, the kids, and some of the parents that I know.

I read closely when the former coach was ousted, and I thought, boy, this year will be thankless, for the new coach, players, and the parents (even though it sounds as though they are major part of the problem).

I really feel for the kids, they are the ones who are suffering because of the school board and parents. That is the sad part.

I don't see it getting any better, either. :( :( :oops:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
spaceball1
Waterboy

Post by spaceball1 »

4SPORTEREHS, I WAS NOT TRYING TO BE NEGATIVE TOWARD THE KIDS, I JUST THINK THEY DID NOT RUN AN EFFECTIVE OFFENSE IN THE SECOND HALF AND SOUTHERN CAME OUT ON FIRE! PLEASE DO NOT GROUP ME WITH STOCKYKID AND HIS FRIENDS.

I THINK THEY CAN WIN IF THEY PLAY TOGETHER AS A TEAM. I WANT THE PROGRAM TO BE SUCCESSFUL! I DON'T KNOW MANY OF THESE KIDS, BUT I DO WANT THEM TO SUCCEED!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Great post steelydan...you are right on! Good to hear it from an outsiders perspective.

M_I_A
Waterboy

Post by M_I_A »

4sport dont know stockykid or any other person on here you ask me a question and i gave it. if you dont like the answer dont ask the question.you singled me out if other people on here dont like to read what is said on meigs posts then dont read them.i have never said anything bad about a player and i wont if the coach cant take people talking or saying things then he is a poor coach and right now the coaching is very poor everyone that has watched meigs play has to agree. first year coach or not

Return to “Boys Basketball”