Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Minford fouls Bendolph, shooting the one and one

bendolph misses, falcons rebound

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

50.7 seconds left

Minford scores 76-72 ptown

Minford foul sending reeves to the line shooting two, misses the first, makes the second

77-72 33 seconds left

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Johnson fouled for Minford, hits the first one, makes the second

79-72 20 seconds left

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Final score

Portsmouth 79 Minford 72 in Overtime

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Great updates Yabba!!

Close but good win for the Trojans!! Sounds like Minford played great too good luck on the rest of your year Falcons

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Your welcome trojan7

Minford got hot in the second half. I thought this would be a blowout by Ptown, but seeing that Minford had a game already under their belts and this was Ptown's first game, it kind of showed.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

yea I went to alot of their scrimmages last week and you could tell this team still has ALOT of work to do and is still trying to find that right "mix" of players.....tons of talent though and great size....

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

What a game! SLoppy game from both teams but fun to watch.. Cadogan and Williams wth more game time will both be forces to be handled. Great guard play also. Minford had their chances but couldnt seal the deal. Heck of a game from Evan Price you are money from 3. Trojans have a great and injury free season. Congratulations on the win . Falcons keep your heads up, you played tough for being so oversized.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats Portsmouth

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

our first game was an overtime, and a great game to watch.

our starters got in to foull trouble early in the1st, the seconf period was played pretty much by bench players, and we lost a 12 point lead to make it a one point lead going to halftime, I liked the play of ouir kids when we got down they didnt give up and kept playing the game.

I said on another thread, I went to see minford play jackson, and knew they was a good team, they have lost their first 2 games, in very close games, thew as acutaly winning at jackson most of the first half..they wil definatly win some games.. goos luck to the falcons on out.

Corey Reeves was such a pleasant surprise to out football team, and I think he wil be just as great for our basketball team also, Williams is going to be fun to watch as well .

one kid that I thought stood out tonight , even though he did not score a lot was Jacob Stevens, he caused a lot of trouble for minford on defense,and was all over the floor, goos to see he earned a starting position tonight, after taking football season off to work on basketball, this team is loaded with some very good basketball players, and I gaurantee when the year goes on, this team wil be ready for post play.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

GREAT GAME TROJANS!! 1-0 ON THE SEASON!!

Also I want to commend a scrappy, feisty group of Minford Falcons on their effort. MHS gave our Trojans all they could handle. Evan Price and Shawn Smith, in particular, shot the ball extremely well.

I think it was great to have Portsmouth open on the road, and win the game in overtime. Our first game of the year put our kids in a tense, pressure situation and they came through. Couldn't be prouder of them!!

Foul trouble did hurt the Trojans, but we got to see our bench hold its own, especially in the 2nd quarter. Anthony Williams played an outstanding game for PHS, with 29 points and 12 rebounds. He also nailed a couple of 3 pointers as well. It is certainly refreshing to see a 6-6 kid playing for Portsmouth who is allowed to play away from the basket, facing up his defender, being able to post down low or hit the perimeter shot.

Our other starters, Forrest Johnson, Nate Cadogen, Jacob Stevens, and Cory Reeves all made big contributions to the Trojan victory. Johnson especially started out red hot, then got in foul trouble, and then came back in and started scoring again. Reeves ran the break, penetrated with some nice buckets, played tough D out front, and scored the game tying bucket to send it to overtime. Stevens played an all around good game, and I am very happy to say that Jacob has been a pleasant surprise this year.

Our bench kids, most notably Corey Allison, Andrew Bendolph, and Storm Bratchett all came in and made some positive plays. They will all be needed as we progress into this season!! We will not be able to win games without these kids!!

GO TROJANS!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

AND ABOUT THOSE NEW TROJAN UNIFORMS......THEY ARE........

SWEET!! :-D

I THINK THEY'RE THE BEST UNIFORMS WE HAVE EVER HAD!!

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth's overtime win vs. Minford was the first overtime opener for the Trojans since the 2000-2001 season, when the Trojans lost at Washington CH 89-86 in 2OT. PHS then played the Blue Lions later that year in the district semifinal, which was won by Portsmouth 58-56.

Return to “Boys Basketball”