OVC Previews

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

REDMEN FAN wrote:matney played 3 min. and was pulled for a bad shot he took is what i heard.

one bad shot in previews and he gets pulled.. :roll:

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

REDMEN FAN wrote:matney played 3 min. and was pulled for a bad shot he took is what i heard.

I think in the end Matt will be a major part of Rock Hill's success. I would like to just throw that entire preview performance away and start again Saturday night at Fed Hoc. All of the boys better come out with intensirty from the first tip or they may find themselves on the bench again... I think you look at a game in small pieces and you make small adjustments... You play those who are putting forth the effort and you replace those who are not... With seniors, they can usually make adjustments if they are told what adjustments to make and return to a game more effectively... They are older and have earned some respect, but they must return that respect to their coaches and especially the game. I think we have a top notch group of seniors and they will lead.., they know how to win, but they must stay focused and motivated... some of that responsibility falls to coach Simpson and his staff, some falls to parents who must support the coaches, but the bulk of it falls to the boys themselves... they are young MEN now and life is tough... I think we'll see their maturity and that will lead to their success! And after all, isn't that what we're all after in the end?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

bLaCk-N-bLuE wrote:didn't all of randy wards recruits do much tonight. doesn't look like it. is their any regular coal grove boys on the team to go and root for or is the little general going to bring in some more transfers from ky. or whereever.

At least people want to play for Coal Grove now :lol:

I'd say you're either upset because someone from your district decided to go elsewhere and play, or you're a fan of the good ol' boy system in effect at Coal Grove in which no one from outside the Coal Grove corporation limits is allowed to be mentioned for a job of any kind, even if they're more qualified than a home-boy from the CG... :roll:

Then again, you could just be a disgruntled parent who's upset because Junior didn't get the playing time you think he deserves....

It's previews folks. And if Coal Grove only wins 1 game all year, it'll be an improvement. They've got a coach who knows what he's doing. Personally, I think they'll win at least 10 games this year, along with no less than 4 conference games. Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't honestly expect someone to turn an 0-20 team into a Southeastern Ohio Power House in a single year.

rvhs09
Waterboy

Post by rvhs09 »

how did the raiders look?

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

allsport wrote:
dukiees1 wrote:I was wondering why Matt Matney for Rock Hill didn't get to see much playing time? He is one of the better players on the team and I was shocked to hear he didn't even hardly get in the game. Just didn't know if anyone knew why or not...

Matt played as much as all of the other starters... they all came out together and did not return. As for the reasoning behind that decision, all one can do is speculate and that is a dangerous venture at best. So I'll just go with the belief that Coach Simpson had a plan and was executing his plan... It's premature I think to read anything negative into a preview game... I heard the Redmen had a good, intense practice today and from what I hear, the coaches have things under control... Saturday is for real... are you gonna go make Dukiees?

I would like to try and make it but if not let me know how things go if you don't care and thanks for the input on the preview..

earp
S

Post by earp »

I just love how Fuzzhead sugarcoats everything! :razz:

mcstephen10
Riding the Bench

Post by mcstephen10 »

fuzzhead wrote:
bLaCk-N-bLuE wrote:didn't all of randy wards recruits do much tonight. doesn't look like it. is their any regular coal grove boys on the team to go and root for or is the little general going to bring in some more transfers from ky. or whereever.

At least people want to play for Coal Grove now :lol:

I'd say you're either upset because someone from your district decided to go elsewhere and play, or you're a fan of the good ol' boy system in effect at Coal Grove in which no one from outside the Coal Grove corporation limits is allowed to be mentioned for a job of any kind, even if they're more qualified than a home-boy from the CG... :roll:

Then again, you could just be a disgruntled parent who's upset because Junior didn't get the playing time you think he deserves....

It's previews folks. And if Coal Grove only wins 1 game all year, it'll be an improvement. They've got a coach who knows what he's doing. Personally, I think they'll win at least 10 games this year, along with no less than 4 conference games. Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't honestly expect someone to turn an 0-20 team into a Southeastern Ohio Power House in a single year.

It doesn't matter how many games they win.. they looked terrible in previews and that's all that really matters

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

mcstephen10 wrote:
It doesn't matter how many games they win.. they looked terrible in previews and that's all that really matters

So maybe from now on the OVC shouldn't even bother playing conference games and should just play the previews? After all, "that's all that really matters".

Good post, genious :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”