Hoops Invitational @ Convo 12-15

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

I didn't even think it was within the rules to televise a high school regular season game live without permission of the OHSAA. Also, if the pictures of minors are going to be put on the internet, I thought you had to have permission from their parents. I question whether or not that this station should be showing these games without at least contacting the participating schools.

Goldbond
Waterboy

Post by Goldbond »

If that is the case. I would then assume that you could not film any game for any purpose. Also that would mean no cameras at all in the gym while a contest is taking place.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... sportfolio ... I'll be sure to stop by for a chat ... last year I was able to sit on press row , watch the games , keep my scorebook/napkin stats ... got to figure out what I want to put on my SEOPs Press Pass so I can I get into the games free LOL .... (although you can't beat the $7 for all day/night) ...

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

I was thinking about stopping out for a couple of these games. I havent gotten to see any games this year and would like to watch a couple Saturday. Hopefully the weather doesn't effect these games but my bet is it will. :(

supadave1
Waterboy

Post by supadave1 »

AndyDufresne wrote:I didn't even think it was within the rules to televise a high school regular season game live without permission of the OHSAA. Also, if the pictures of minors are going to be put on the internet, I thought you had to have permission from their parents. I question whether or not that this station should be showing these games without at least contacting the participating schools.

I'm sure they would know the rules before doing this. The world of media is changing and this may be the new form of media coverage. I did speak to one of the guys doing this and they said according to OHSAA media guidlines that they are not breaking any rules. He said that they understand some of the concerns and are treading lightly to try and be as safe and as legal as possible. He said that the OHSAA has webcast rules in place. They said Tournaments are the only things they will most likely not be able to do because other companies have already got contracts with OHSAA for them or the media fees to cover a game may be too high for them. I asked about minors and such as well. When a kid signs up to play sports he is also signing a media rights waiver that allows media and news coverage. (aka radio, television, and webcast) They can't use a kid for advertisement though. Like making a commercial with a kid promoting something i guess.

I also asked about live coverage saturday. They said they have the ability but have not had the opportunity to do a live run and they will try to attempt a live feed Saturday if possible. They said they have already contacted the event organizers and the college and are expected.

I know that the kids love seeing themselves play on their site. I hear it all the time from students and players. I've also been told from the nextv guys that a college scout called them and thanked them for giving them the chance to see some players from this region that they would not of been able to see any other way. So if you got some college potential on your team then this is another way for them to get seen.

As for ticket sales, I wondered about that to and I go to the games and I got to say, the ticket sales at Peebles has not dropped off any at all from what I can see. I think they may have gone up if anything but that could be because they have a better team than before.

I am all for what they are trying to do. It's a new world of technology. Heck, just last night I seen ESPN broadcasting a High School game.. I say get the kids some exposure and let them enjoy it. I would of loved it back in the day when I played.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

can the VC v Hunington game be heard via webcast?

toddboeckman4prez
Riding the Bench

Post by toddboeckman4prez »

shouldn't this be under the "Girls Basketball" forum

supadave1
Waterboy

Post by supadave1 »

BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:can the VC v Hunington game be heard via webcast?

I think that the games are currently set for Tape Delay which means probably won't be online until Sunday or Monday I guess. But i don't know about the schools themselves.. They might have something of their own cooked up. I was just speaking for the nextvsports stuff.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey Red! Are you staying for any of the other games?I will be there tomorrow FINALLY :lol: Me and the Evil twin!

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

Cant wait til tommorow
should be good basketball
cant wait to see some teams that i havent been able to see
Huntington and VC should be great
Cant wait to see the freshman phenom for Peebles

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Earp I was wondering when we would have an Earp and Killer siting. Troy told me tonight that you guys were going. Would like to stay for all but MOM is in charge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I'll be there tomorrow, for the Waterford girl's game going forward.

Looking forward to it. I'll be wearing a Federal Hocking baseball shell coat (pullover). Any body who sees me and wants to talk, please step up!

Hawkeye Pearce will attest, I don't bite!

Hope to meet some of my friends from here tomorrow!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

There's gonna be some great games to watch tomorrow at The Convo.

supadave1
Waterboy

Post by supadave1 »

MOBSTERMAN wrote:Cant wait til tommorow
should be good basketball
cant wait to see some teams that i havent been able to see
Huntington and VC should be great
Cant wait to see the freshman phenom for Peebles

The freshman phenom for Peebles as you say.. hehe, scored 30 points against west union tonight if I got my notes right. They gave him way too many shots.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

If anyone is at the girls game at 9. Don't leave at halftime. Stay and watch me coach my 5th n 6th grade girls team. We play the alexander 5th n 6th graders at half time.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Are these games still on today?Looks like a major weather change is coming. :(

bcnu
Freshman Team

Post by bcnu »

Yes, I am wondering the samething for the later games,,,,,

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill girls 54