93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' thread

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: 93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' th

Post by pfloyd »

... looks like my final 2 games of the season will be tomorrow nights D4 final Eastern Pike vs Africentric here in Logan followed by the Saturday closer, the final game of Basketball Thirty at the Convo in 2012 with the Ironton vs Portsmouth D3 final ... looking forward to seeing many of the SEOPreps faithful Saturday night to close out hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

I know the D2 final will be New Philadelphia and St. Clairsville, but that game is going to be a good one too!!! What will be the schedule for Saturday and will they empty the Convo between games???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Landscape of those who have Survived and Advanced thru 3/15/12 ...

...Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Standings...

1. Chesapeake (19-1)

2. Portsmouth (18-2) - on to the Final Four !!!

3. Warren (18-2)

4. Ironton (15-5)

5. Eastern Brown (16-4) / Lucasville Valley (16-4)

6. Logan Elm (15-5)

7. Southern (17-3)

8. Fairland (15-5)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

(13-7) Chillicothe
(15-5) Hillsboro
(15-5) Waverly
(15-5) Peebles

(15-5) Belpre
(18-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame
(13-7) Piketon
(14-6) Unioto
(14-6) Huntington
(14-6) Sheridan
(14-6) Vinton County
(15-5) Eastern Pike
(12-8) South Webster
(12-8) North Adams
(12-8) Circleville
(13-7) Southeastern
(13-6) Minford
(13-7) Oak Hill
(10-10) Marietta
(11-9) Lynchburg Clay
(11-9) Fairfield Leesburg
(7-13) Logan
(8-12) Jackson
(12-8) Federal Hocking
(12-8) Manchester
(8-12) Westfall
(11-9) Athens
(12-8) Wellston
(12-8) Nelsonville York
(11-9) South Gallia
(9-11) Fairfield Union
(9-10) Zane Trace
(9-11) New Lexington
(10-10) Washington CH
(9-11) Miami Trace
(10-10) Waterford
(13-7) New Boston Glenwood
(10-10) South Point
(11-11) Wahama
(12-8) Coal Grove
(7-13) Wheelersburg
(9-11) Rock Hill
(8-12) Portsmouth East
(10-10) St. Joseph
(7-13) Franklin Furnace Green
(7-13) Whiteoak
(5-15) Paint Valley
(5-15) River Valley
(5-15) Greenfield McClain
(5-15) Reedsville Eastern
(4-16) Crooksville
(4-15) Portsmouth West
(4-15) Miller
(5-15) Alexander
(3-17) Western Pike
(7-13) Symmes Valley

... Teams on the End Table ...

(3-17) Gallia Academy
(2-18) Northwest
(2-18) Trimble
(2-18) Portsmouth Clay
(1-19) West Union
(1-19) Adena
(1-19) Meigs

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

skidaddy wrote:I know the D2 final will be New Philadelphia and St. Clairsville, but that game is going to be a good one too!!! What will be the schedule for Saturday and will they empty the Convo between games???
3:00 ... D2 games
7:00 ... D3 games

(Convo is cleared between games.)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93Bulldog
we seen you walk in but then never seen you again..LOL...not even down on the floor...checked out Pfloys seat but seen Warrens head coach sitting there so we figured he sent him to fill in for him 8) .

also Pfloyd, am I missing your Napkin stats from Portsmouth VS Peake game or is it my age and I am over looking it? :oops:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

biggdowgg wrote:93Bulldog
we seen you walk in but then never seen you again..LOL...not even down on the floor...checked out Pfloys seat but seen Warrens head coach sitting there so we figured he sent him to fill in for him 8) .

also Pfloyd, am I missing your Napkin stats from Portsmouth VS Peake game or is it my age and I am over looking it? :oops:
Saving my energy for the big game Saturday biggdowgg!!! lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... doors open at 6:00pm in Logan tonight for the D4 final ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...biggdowgg ... LOL on the missing Napkin Stats ... I can post them if you like - just figured that since I was late getting back to Logan from the Convo/didn't get them posted on the night of the game - everyone would already have the stats on the PHS win ...

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Thank you 93 Dog. I really want to see the SC vs. NP game. I think these 2 teams match up for an awesome game!!! I have paid twice before, why not 1 more time to finish the season here in SE Ohio.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Africentric 79
Eastern Pike 43 final

... going into this one Eastern was the decided "an understatement" underdog ... the scouting line was that the Nubians would come out of the blocks playing in your shirt defense, push the ball at every opportunity, harass the EHS ball handlers, throw up shots from ALL over the floor in anticipation of crashing the boards to get the put back basket ... ALL of it happened in the first 8 minutes of play - Aftricentric played the first quarter at BOTH ends like it was "a shark feeding frenzy" ... if your an Eastern Eagle player you couldn't/didn't have a clue as to what you would see speed wise or athleticism wise until that tip off went up ... by the time the waters cleared Africentric had closed the door on this one Africentric 28 Eastern Pike 11 after one ... the Nubians played 14 players in the first half with 8 different players denting the scoreboard ... Africentric forced 15 EHS TO's in the first 2 quarters ... the Eagles were outmanned number wise and outmanned athleticism wise as well ... watching the 1st two quarters I kept seeing the movie 300 play out on the court ... the Nubians kept running waves of bodies at the Eagles - the Eagles never quit, gave everything they had at both ends but could never make a dent in the Nubian armor ... Africentric 44 Eastern 18 at intermission ... Africentric 60 Eastern 28 end of three quarters ... Africentric 79 Eastern Pike 43 the final ...

... a couple of observations : Eastern was out numbered, out manned ... yet to the credit of every player Coach Fitch put on the floor not one of the Eastern players quit playing ... 100% from every single kid that went into battle ... 100% coaching by Coach Fitch for all 32 minutes of the game ... Coach Fitch got everything out of his kids tonight AND those kids that are coming back next season? yeah - those kids LEARNED a great deal about the next level of basketball that is out there as well ...Chad Lands/Alex Phillips/Tavares Pickett/Brandon Murphy <= every single one of them became BETTER basketball players during this game ... I was impressed - I could see them get better during the game - Lands handled the pressure better, Pickett brought the ball up court under the Nubian pressure and did it well in the 2nd half ... when Murphy got on the floor he was solid in the paint vs the athleticism of the Nubian rebounders ... my hat goes off to all of the Eastern players ... getting your "nose bloodied" , being knocked down, then getting back up off the floor - you learn a lot about yourselves as TEAM ... Congratulations on getting to the Elite 8 !!! - no one can take that away from you ...

... Africentric ? Congratulations on getting back to the final four ... Regional Champs ... not sure I saw the coach for the Nubians "coach" once during game ... not even sure what he showed me about his "class" or "lack there of" by pressing full court the entire game when his team was up by 30+ points ... I suppose the offensive numbers (97,91,81, 91, 86 to name a few) will look impressive in the State Tournament program BUT as a Cheap Seat guy - I'm wasn't impressed - I was in the Cheap Seats when the Nubians played Bloom Carroll to open the season - they could only muster 42 points vs the Bulldogs and lost ... Bloom Carroll - they impressed me ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Africentric ...

Scoring : Black 13, F. Tucker 13, Robinson 11, Smith 9,Harrison 8, Saunders 7, C. Tucker 4, Wallace/Wilson/Miller/Walls 3 ea., Waddy/Manzie 1 ea.

3 Pointers: 9/23 ... F. Tucker 2, Sauders 1, Black 1,Walls 1,Robinson 1,Harrison 1,Wilson 1, Wallace 1

FT's : 14/29

TO's : 13

ATR : 16

T: 6

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Eastern Pike ...

Scoring : Tavares Pickett 12, Chad Lands 8, Billy Lykins 6, Aaron Satterfield 6, Blake Roberts 5, Alex Phillips 2, Matt Shaw 2, Zack Babst 1, Brandon Murphy 1

3 Pointers : 1/12 ... Satterfield 1

FT's : 12/21

TO's : 25 ... 15 in the first half

ATR : 10

T: 0

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Portsmouth 50
Ironton 40 a final

... I'm sure that I have NEVER seen a game like this one - ever ... Portsmouth showed their senior maturity in this one right from the start - PHS played solid defensively in their box and one with Wade Whitley chasing Zac Carter all over the court - the D worked to perfection as Carter was forced to give up the ball, rarely able to get into the paint in the entire first half, took off balance three pointers ... while the Trojan offense was as solid as the D - working for the open shot, good ball distribution as 5 Trojans scored in the first quarter ... Portsmouth 13 Ironton 5 after one quarter ... Quarter #2 was more of the same defensively for Portsmouth - nothing offensively for Ironton and I MEAN NOTHING !!! Ironton was "O for the quarter" from the field ... Ironton was "O for 2" from the FT line ... Ironton out rebounded Portsmouth on both ends of the floor BUT (and there is always a but) ... BUT it made "0" difference as Portsmouth was able to extend it's lead to 18 points ... Portsmouth 23 Ironton 5 at intermission ... the 3rd saw Ironton come out of the locker room determined to put the ball in the right peoples hands on the offensive end - paging Zac Carter/Josh Glover - IHS turned up the defensive pressure, was able to up the tempo, was able to get into it's full court pressure after MADE shots ... it's amazing what can happen when the ball starts going in the basket - the Fighting Tigers forced 8 Portsmouth turnovers in the 3rd period - Zac Carter connected for 8 points in the quarter/Glover added 4 ... Portsmouth began looking like a team trying NOT TO LOSE - trying to take care of the ball, trying to run time off the clock, trying not to make mistakes BUT (and there's that BUT again) ...BUT we all know that when a team tries "not to lose" bad things always happen ... Portsmouth with the 8 TOs in the quarter was outscored 11-17 by the Tigers ... Carter was getting into a flow and to make things worse the officials "blinked" apparently as the clock literally "ran out", Trey Fletcher was still dribbling across half court - buzzer sounded - Fletcher let it fly - blanked it in ... it was called good by the officiating crew ... momentum shifted over to I'town ... Portsmouth 34 Ironton 22 after three ... the 4th quarter had the makings of the greatest comeback I have personally seen as the Ironton trio of Carter/Fletcher/White found the range ... Portsmouth took a number of quick shots from behind the arc ... Ironton had closed the gap to 6 points with 3 minutes to play 40-34 PHS ... Portsmouth was now making multiple trips to the line as Carter/Stevens/Glover were over playing on D trying to get into a transition game - PHS converted on 8/13 FTs in the 4th ... all IHS hopes to come all the way back went South when Carter picked up his 5th foul with 1:47 left to play ... Carter's departure was met with a Dion McKinley open court slam ... Aaron Stevens left with 5 personals for IHS ... Zaide Whitley with a couple drives into the paint for PHS baskets ... Portsmouth 50 Ironton 40 the final ...

... Congratulations to the Portsmouth Trojans as they Survived and Advanced to the "Show" as the SouthEast District/Regional Champions !!! ... experience got the Trojans to the D3 Final Four for the 2nd straight year - I believe trojandave posted that the back to back trips to the Final Four is a first ever for the Trojans ... Best of luck from ALL of us here in Southern Ohio - "represent" !!!!

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Ironton ...

Scoring : Zac Carter 13, Trey Fletcher 13, Josh Glover 6, Trevor White 4, Nolan Johnson 4

3 Pointers : 2/13 ... Trey Fletcher 2

FT's : 8/15

TOs: 27 ...ouch !!! 15 in the first half ...

ATR : 10

T: 0

... the Ironton offensive "0'fer" the 2nd quarter was too much to overcome ...

...Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Regional Champions Portsmouth Trojans

Scoring : Zaide Whitley 14, Waynes Evans 11, Dion McKinley 9, Jayllen Carter 8, Len Collins 4, Duke Edwards 4, Seth Bratchett 2

3 Pointers : 2/16 ... McKinley 1, Whitley 1

FTs : 16/24

TOs : 13 ... 8 TOs in the 3rd period

ATR : 13

T: 1

... Keys to the game : Zaide Whitley's defense on Zac Carter in the first quarter - forced Carter to give up the ball - 0 pts in the first ... Whitley holding Carter scoreless in the 2nd while the rest of the PHS defense held the ENTIRE Ironton team scoreless in the 2nd quarter : 0 pts in the second ... game over ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great to see the Portsmouth SEOPreps folks for one last time this season ... biggdowgg wanted to make sure the Portsmouth TEAM gets his congratulations on a great win - his Radio Shack Color Computer is acting up again LOL - BUT he will be at the Schott Thursday night cheering on the Trojans as they take on Ottawa Glandorf for the chance to play for all the marbles in D3 Saturday ...

... hey Lou!!! tell the wife that the cake was outstanding !!! ... yet another great job on the PA for the 3 Weeks of the Convo !!! - as I said to you Lou, all of the outstanding teams/players in Southern/Southeastern Ohio play their hearts out to get to the Convo every post season just to get a chance to have their name broadcast by the "Voice of high school basketball in Southern Ohio" - Lou Horvath ... take care Lou !!! hoping I will be in the stands again next year for "Basketball Thirty" ... cheer on those OU Bobcats Sunday !!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”