Gallia Academy VS Jackson sectional final saturday @3

svac83
SE

Re: Gallia Academy VS Jackson sectional final saturday @3

Post by svac83 »

Ok here is things the perplexed me. After having defensive assignments in first half that worked. Why did Gallia go to switching all screens in 2nd half? Gave Jackson open paths to basket for easy inside shots they did not have in 1st half.

Gallia in the last month in the second half of games has taken at least one player that had been killing them and just played them by denying them possession of the ball in the half court I have no idea why we didn’t do the same thing here. It worked in every game they employed it. Didn’t matter if kid was a guard or big man.

On the offensive end call never got comfortable and what he looked to score one time in second half until last minute. Mcellend with 2 shot attempts entire game until end of game. I feel those are things that happen in game. I only comment on them because it leads to my next question. It seemed to me the only offense we had going on in second half was number 11 carter taking kids baseline to bucket. We have seen it the last 10 games he can take almost any kid down there one on one and he was 2 for 3 on it. Before we went away from it. They would of either had to bring help which we have seen all year carter great at finding cutters or he would of ate Jackson up. But we took him out and made him a defensive replacement?

I didn’t understand. Jackson may of won no matter what we did. But just didn’t seem to me that in second half we did the things you have to do to beat a good team in a close game.

And that is not a new theme for the blue devils. That is all I am going to say on this. I will enjoy as much of the post season as possible watching great teams at convo. Then in off season we can talk about what it takes to close out games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Love how the Ironmen came out and fought the 2nd half. Love how little brother gets ticked and plays even better when he feels big brother is getting hosed a bit. Great team win, everyone contributed and great job by coaching staff.

Gallia played hard and tough. I thought they played a bit more football in the first half and we played more football in the 2nd and they didn’t like it.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:38 pm Love how the Ironmen came out and fought the 2nd half. Love how little brother gets ticked and plays even better when he feels big brother is getting hosed a bit. Great team win, everyone contributed and great job by coaching staff.

Gallia played hard and tough. I thought they played a bit more football in the first half and we played more football in the 2nd and they didn’t like it.
Can’t disagree with anything here

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good win. Congrats. ! I92 when you get those directions make sure you post for all !!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:40 pm Good game.

I always notice little things like unnecessary trash talk that might wake up the other team, especially close to end of quarter/half. There was some of that towards Wallis and he took over the game in the 2nd half. Great 4th quarter from Caden Donaldson as well.

The trash talk, showboating and taunting of Wallis at halftime definitely put a resolve in tht boy. Wallis got the last laugh

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Dang almost had them Jackson played better in second half and took it. I appreciated the effort of GA but some of the cool actions of the one GA boy bothered me andit seemed to really get that little guard going extra. Just play.

Good season boys and coach did good without Loveday. I saw some Gallia person on twitter posting crap about Jackson and the refs. Is he one of the coaches? I sure the heck hope not. I don’t know him but I’m not in Gallipolis like I used to be so I don’t know everyone anymore. Hopefully just some kid

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:11 pm Good win. Congrats. ! I92 when you get those directions make sure you post for all !!
Yes I’m gonna make the trip last time I went was 25 years ago brad Howell Shane Shanton and co.

I said the little ones the best one and in my opinion best true point at Jackson!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:27 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:11 pm Good win. Congrats. ! I92 when you get those directions make sure you post for all !!
Yes I’m gonna make the trip last time I went was 25 years ago brad Howell Shane Shanton and co.

I said the little ones the best one and in my opinion best true point at Jackson!
You sure you saw them playing in the Convo?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:30 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:27 pm

You sure you saw them playing in the Convo?
Who was it it’s been so long it was in the 90s I know I went might be my CTE kicking in but I can remember where I sat even. I might have watched geno ford! Might not have been Jackson but I was there.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

2003-2004 ...Morrow, Hump, Arnold, Hoover

1984-85....Pat Stevens, Vince Wolford, Wyant, Roseberry, Poe, Poe

allamericanironman
All Conference

Y
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

One night mare of a season for GA ! SEVEN SR'S. GONE PLUS A 7' FOOTER ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:46 pm 2003 ...Morrow, Hump, Arnold, Hoover and several others

1984-85....Pat Stevens, Vince Wolford, Wyant, Roseberry, Poe, Poe

allamericanironman
All Conference

What’s going on with boro zt?
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Congrats to the Ironman for breaking the Convo drought! 👏👏 See ya there.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:02 pm One night mare of a season for GA ! SEVEN SR'S. GONE PLUS A 7' FOOTER ?
I don’t see it as a nightmare of a season. I thought we had a pretty good year. And we have brought the program back to respectability.

And maybe I missed something big but I am pretty sure number 3 had 8 at. Half and 9 in second half. So I don’t see how one was that much more dominant in second half. We couldn’t stop him in first half. He just had no help. In second half he had help.

I can guarantee you can go back and look at every level of basketball he has played a game against Gallia Academy he has dominated us. Today was the first time I didn’t think he made us look totally foolish.

I am sure we had some Gallia players talk crap too be honest with you on a regular basis we only have one kid who talks a lot of crap.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:04 pm What’s going on with boro zt?
I heard Boro had them and there was a controversial charge call at the end on Boro. Boro lost 51-48. My Bulldogs and ZT next Thursday in the Convo!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Well whatever the past held.....one things for sure....our beloved young Ironmen are heading there now.....keep it boys....bang em bodies around and. Take it to any team trying to stop our dream season.....I believe you in boys and the town is behind ya 110%......one game at a time and Wer with ya every step of the way......keep on keeping on.....GO RED!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

svac83 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:32 pm
Geronimo wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:02 pm One night mare of a season for GA ! SEVEN SR'S. GONE PLUS A 7' FOOTER ?
I don’t see it as a nightmare of a season. I thought we had a pretty good year. And we have brought the program back to respectability.
Exactly! I’m sure a lot of programs would have taken a 14 win season after having the adversity that Gallia had this year and wouldn’t have thought of it as a nightmare. That was a really good senior class that was just a few points away from a return to the Convo. That’s a pretty good year to me

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:11 am
svac83 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:32 pm
Exactly! I’m sure a lot of programs would have taken a 14 win season after having the adversity that Gallia had this year and wouldn’t have thought of it as a nightmare. That was a really good senior class that was just a few points away from a return to the Convo. That’s a pretty good year to me
HamPorter let’s bet Titles straight up on the ZT and Athens game. I have a decent hot rod. I know Athens is the under dog but I have faith. What you got?

Return to “Boys Basketball”