Re: Division 2 Sectional Records

Post by bman »

Southeastern sectional

1. Unioto, 2. Washington C.H., 3. Miami Trace, 4. Chillicothe, 5. Circleville

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I expect Fairfield Union, Warren and Logan Elm to be put in the same sectional bracket.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

What does VC loss tonight do? What does the injury to the Caudill kid do? If he's out, that may effect the vote as well. Right now Warren and FU seem to be playing the best.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:
warriornation123 wrote:Raider6309, give it a rest . It's really obvious you don't care for Warren. But it is not "pretty obvious" that Meigs should get a higher seed than Warren. Yes, Meigs defeated Warren by 2 points on Warren's home court. BUT, other factors will be considered: This was the first game of the season and Warren had ONE varsity starter returning from last year (after graduating 4 senior starters) and ONE bench player who had any significant playing time on varsity last year. Basically everyone else playing in that game came from the JV team and were playing together for the first time. After losing that game, Warren has won 15 of 17 games. In the loss at Alexander, Warren's starting guard was out. Against Farfield Christian, the Warriors did not play well and still made a game of it. I am not going to make excuses but in no way should that first game be held against Warren and how good they have become since the season began nor how good their record has been this year. Can the same be said about Meigs - especially over the last few weeks? How much did Meigs lose to Athens by and how badly did Warren defeat Athens? This is more indicative of how good these teams have become over the season since these games were played well into the season and not at the beginning. If Meigs does get a higher seed than Warren, I suspect it will be, as one poster already suggested, with the coaches intent of having Warren and Logan Elm play each other to eliminate one or the other from the tournament early on.
I swear, that post looks almost identical to mine when I was lobbying for Athens to be a higher seed than Logan Elm two years ago. lol
Good thing the coaches did the right thing in 2014 and rewarded Logan Elm with the No. 1 seed. ;) :D

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

thebarlowbandit wrote:What does VC loss tonight do? What does the injury to the Caudill kid do? If he's out, that may effect the vote as well. Right now Warren and FU seem to be playing the best.
If Fairfield Union loses to Bloom-Carroll today, you can take the top five, throw them into a hat and draw them out at random.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote:What does VC loss tonight do? What does the injury to the Caudill kid do? If he's out, that may effect the vote as well. Right now Warren and FU seem to be playing the best.
Caudill was not a starter, nor did he even play much in both games versus Athens. Wood and McIntyre were the two posts players that got most of the playing time. Not sure losing Caudill, which is a shame - the kid that has now been injured twice in his career, will have an affect on the Vikes seeding.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

93Bulldog wrote:
Caudill was not a starter, nor did he even play much in both games versus Athens. Wood and McIntyre were the two posts players that got most of the playing time. Not sure losing Caudill, which is a shame - the kid that has now been injured twice in his career, will have an affect on the Vikes seeding.

What about the loss? Warren is the hottest team in the house with FU

cavsbkb
Riding the Bench

Post by cavsbkb »

bman wrote:Southeastern sectional

no way M.T. gets seeded higher that Chillicothe. Chillicothe beat them both times during league play by double digits if I am not mistaken!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

cavsbkb wrote:

no way M.T. gets seeded higher that Chillicothe. Chillicothe beat them both times during league play by double digits if I am not mistaken!
I agree. Chillicothe's non conference has been insane, thus why they have so many losses. They haven't lost an SCOL game outside of Washington and Wilmington.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

cavsbkb wrote:

Good catch. I thought they split.

Flip MT and Chillicothe then.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan is a jumble now. Where is the hat and the name slips?

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

No doubt Chilly has played a very difficult schedule. Losing by 35+ three times. They have ZERO wins outside of their league. I can see that being a stumbling block when seeding. They did beat MT twice, but that is not the only factor. MT has two big wins outside of league (VC and LE). They also played a very good Dublin Jerome team.

Nobody wants to play Unioto, so there will be a lot of haggling to get the 3 and 6 seed. With it being done electronically, it's gonna be very interesting.

As for Logan, it's a toss up. I see it going: Warren, FU, LE, VC, Meigs, Athens, Sheridan, Marietta, New Lex

cavsbkb
Riding the Bench

Post by cavsbkb »

Preacher Purl wrote:No doubt Chilly has played a very difficult schedule. Losing by 35+ three times. They have ZERO wins outside of their league. I can see that being a stumbling block when seeding. They did beat MT twice, but that is not the only factor. MT has two big wins outside of league (VC and LE). They also played a very good Dublin Jerome team.

Nobody wants to play Unioto, so there will be a lot of haggling to get the 3 and 6 seed. With it being done electronically, it's gonna be very interesting.

As for Logan, it's a toss up. I see it going: Warren, FU, LE, VC, Meigs, Athens, Sheridan, Marietta, New Lex
yes chilly has zero wins outside the league but I really don't think you can compare LE and VC with:
Africentric
Gahanna Lincoln
Pick Central
team from NY
Upper Arlington
and still have to play 2 more tough non-league games in Unioto and Groveport Madison
No disrespect to LE and VC because they are two very good programs with outstanding coaches and yes we lost the 1st game of the season to LE but......... don't think there is any comparison there! But we all know how the voting goes :oops:
Last edited by cavsbkb on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

Is Meigs actually playing for a #1 or #2 seed tonight?

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

I don't get to vote, but if I did, I'm going to base it on quality wins. Chillicothe's best win, other than beating MT twice, was 6-11 Clinton-Massie.

It's going to be interesting to see how it turns out. I see the Cavs playing the 4/5 game vs. Circleville or Miami Trace.

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

I'm sure if Chillicothe was still D1, that those D1 coaches would be super scared to play a team who constantly gets blasted by D1 Central District teams. There is challenging yourselves and there is guaranteeing losses, which Chillicothe has done with that slate of games.

Play Whetstone, Westland, whoever gets you a win or two if you're going to schedule all D1s.

Chillicothe should probably be the 3 per their wins over MT and wins over most of the SCOL.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

cavsbkb wrote:
Preacher Purl wrote:No doubt Chilly has played a very difficult schedule. Losing by 35+ three times. They have ZERO wins outside of their league. I can see that being a stumbling block when seeding. They did beat MT twice, but that is not the only factor. MT has two big wins outside of league (VC and LE). They also played a very good Dublin Jerome team.

yes chilly has zero wins outside the league but I really don't think you can compare LE and VC with:
Africentric
Gahanna Lincoln
Pick Central
team from NY
Upper Arlington
and still have to play 2 more tough non-league games in Unioto and Groveport Madison
No disrespect to LE and VC because they are two very good programs with outstanding coaches and yes we lost the 1st game of the season to LE but......... don't think there is any comparison there! But we all know how the voting goes :oops:

Are you actually saying that Chillicothe should get bonus points for losing? See that's the problem when people say you need to schedule up, yes you need to challenge yourselves, but you can't bite off more than you can chew.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

If Miami Trace sweeps this weekends games (WCH & Unioto) they should be the 3 seed. They would have 4 quality wins in the district with wins against Vinton County and Logan Elm already. They should have a better record than what they have this year because they have the talent but the coaching has been lacking, not only this year but the last couple years imo.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

SportsRule wrote:Is Meigs actually playing for a #1 or #2 seed tonight?
These weekend games don't really officially matter? Most the coaches has already mailed in there votes....They just reveal them Sunday.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

We have no idea when the coaches submitted their online votes, ma77ox. For the most part, the coaches in this DII sectional are pretty knowledgeable guys and have historically done the right thing. I'm guessing most of them waited until at least after last night's games to vote.

Return to “Boys Basketball”