Division 2 Sectional Records

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Re: Division 2 Sectional Records

Post by Preacher Purl »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Well, you ignore the fact that the coaches vote on this.
That is 100% not true.

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

Softball 7 wrote:Coaches need to have the choice as to where to go on bracket. Being placed solely on seed is not rewarding for teams.
That's exactly how it should be done.

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

danicalifornia wrote:Updated through 1/29. Only a week before the draw, who does everyone have left on their schedule?

Unioto

1/30 at Washington (14-2)
2/2 vs Adena (12-4)
2/6 at Westfall (10-6)
2/7 vs Miami Trace (9-7)

Washington

1/30 vs Unioto (16-0)
2/3 at Logan Elm (12-4)
2/6 at Miami Trace (9-7)
Is Unioto/Adena on the second? I Thought it was tonight. 2/1?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wffan wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Updated through 1/29. Only a week before the draw, who does everyone have left on their schedule?

Unioto

1/30 at Washington (14-2)
2/1 vs Adena (12-4)
2/6 at Westfall (10-6)
2/7 vs Miami Trace (9-7)

Washington

1/30 vs Unioto (16-0)
2/2 at Logan Elm (12-4)
2/6 at Miami Trace (9-7)
Is Unioto/Adena on the second? I Thought it was tonight. 2/1?
It is on the first. I adjusted my post. For some reason I must have thought that January had 32 days, because I'm real smart.

Softball 7
Riding the Bench

Post by Softball 7 »

Preacher Purl wrote:
Softball 7 wrote:Coaches need to have the choice as to where to go on bracket. Being placed solely on seed is not rewarding for teams.
That's exactly how it should be done.
Example: The number 1 seed in girls Athens sectional gets rewarded by having to play at 10:30 am on Saturday morning. Number one seed should have option of playing in later game if they wish.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Coaches have no say in it what so ever. Lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens
2/2 at River valley (3-13)
2/4 at Parkersburg (10-4)
2/6 at Marietta (7-10)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

As someone who may or may not have sat in on many meetings, coaches constantly request change. They then get told to talk to their district coaching reps. They then talk to the reps. The reps then go back to the district board with the coaches requests...they are then told no.

Then it starts all over again the next year.

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

danicalifornia wrote:As someone who may or may not have sat in on many meetings, coaches constantly request change. They then get told to talk to their district coaching reps. They then talk to the reps. The reps then go back to the district board with the coaches requests...they are then told no.

Then it starts all over again the next year.
I couldn't have said it better myself ;)

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

I'm gonna take a shot at the seedings. Here we go.

LOGAN
1. Fairfield Union
2. Warren
3. Vinton County
4. Logan Elm
5. Meigs
6. Athens
7. Sheridan
8. Marietta
9. New Lex

Southeastern
1. Unioto
2. Court House
3. Circleville
4. Chillicothe
5. Miami Trace
6. Waverly
7. Hillsboro
8. Gallia
9. McClain
10. Jackson

We'll know Sunday!!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Preacher Purl wrote:I'm gonna take a shot at the seedings. Here we go.

LOGAN
1. Fairfield Union
2. Warren
3. Vinton County
4. Logan Elm
5. Meigs
6. Athens
7. Sheridan
8. Marietta
9. New Lex

Southeastern
1. Unioto
2. Court House
3. Circleville
4. Chillicothe
5. Miami Trace
6. Waverly
7. Hillsboro
8. Gallia
9. McClain
10. Jackson

We'll know Sunday!!

Don't be putting Meigs down that far, a after will be coming on here.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Warren vs Logan elm is the 4/5 game. I'm sure Stiverson and Maddox have been to the other games. Like Duckworth was at Vinton
1. Fairfield union
2. Vinton
3. Meigs
4. Warren
5. Logan elm
6. Athens
7. Sheridan
8. Marietta
9. New Lexington
Last edited by Raider6309 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Warren and Meigs both have weak schedules. Meigs beat Warren. That one is pretty obvious

warriornation123
Waterboy

Post by warriornation123 »

Raider6309, give it a rest . It's really obvious you don't care for Warren. But it is not "pretty obvious" that Meigs should get a higher seed than Warren. Yes, Meigs defeated Warren by 2 points on Warren's home court. BUT, other factors will be considered: This was the first game of the season and Warren had ONE varsity starter returning from last year (after graduating 4 senior starters) and ONE bench player who had any significant playing time on varsity last year. Basically everyone else playing in that game came from the JV team and were playing together for the first time. After losing that game, Warren has won 15 of 17 games. In the loss at Alexander, Warren's starting guard was out. Against Farfield Christian, the Warriors did not play well and still made a game of it. I am not going to make excuses but in no way should that first game be held against Warren and how good they have become since the season began nor how good their record has been this year. Can the same be said about Meigs - especially over the last few weeks? How much did Meigs lose to Athens by and how badly did Warren defeat Athens? This is more indicative of how good these teams have become over the season since these games were played well into the season and not at the beginning. If Meigs does get a higher seed than Warren, I suspect it will be, as one poster already suggested, with the coaches intent of having Warren and Logan Elm play each other to eliminate one or the other from the tournament early on.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

warriornation123 wrote:Raider6309, give it a rest . It's really obvious you don't care for Warren. But it is not "pretty obvious" that Meigs should get a higher seed than Warren. Yes, Meigs defeated Warren by 2 points on Warren's home court. BUT, other factors will be considered: This was the first game of the season and Warren had ONE varsity starter returning from last year (after graduating 4 senior starters) and ONE bench player who had any significant playing time on varsity last year. Basically everyone else playing in that game came from the JV team and were playing together for the first time. After losing that game, Warren has won 15 of 17 games. In the loss at Alexander, Warren's starting guard was out. Against Farfield Christian, the Warriors did not play well and still made a game of it. I am not going to make excuses but in no way should that first game be held against Warren and how good they have become since the season began nor how good their record has been this year. Can the same be said about Meigs - especially over the last few weeks? How much did Meigs lose to Athens by and how badly did Warren defeat Athens? This is more indicative of how good these teams have become over the season since these games were played well into the season and not at the beginning. If Meigs does get a higher seed than Warren, I suspect it will be, as one poster already suggested, with the coaches intent of having Warren and Logan Elm play each other to eliminate one or the other from the tournament early on.
So you are bitter because I put you below a team you lost to? BTW you beat a 3-6 Athens. That was Athens first game after break. Warren just came off an 8 point loss to Alexander. Athens then beat Alexander by 15. Vinton beat Athens by 35. Athens then beat Vinton by 3 at Vinton.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

But I think Meigs will beat Alexander Friday. If Meigs losses then they will drop below Warren. Where is warriorblue? I haven't heard go big bad blue on the new site
Last edited by Raider6309 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

warriornation123
Waterboy

Post by warriornation123 »

Raider6309 wrote:
warriornation123 wrote:Raider6309, give it a rest . It's really obvious you don't care for Warren. But it is not "pretty obvious" that Meigs should get a higher seed than Warren. Yes, Meigs defeated Warren by 2 points on Warren's home court. BUT, other factors will be considered: This was the first game of the season and Warren had ONE varsity starter returning from last year (after graduating 4 senior starters) and ONE bench player who had any significant playing time on varsity last year. Basically everyone else playing in that game came from the JV team and were playing together for the first time. After losing that game, Warren has won 15 of 17 games. In the loss at Alexander, Warren's starting guard was out. Against Farfield Christian, the Warriors did not play well and still made a game of it. I am not going to make excuses but in no way should that first game be held against Warren and how good they have become since the season began nor how good their record has been this year. Can the same be said about Meigs - especially over the last few weeks? How much did Meigs lose to Athens by and how badly did Warren defeat Athens? This is more indicative of how good these teams have become over the season since these games were played well into the season and not at the beginning. If Meigs does get a higher seed than Warren, I suspect it will be, as one poster already suggested, with the coaches intent of having Warren and Logan Elm play each other to eliminate one or the other from the tournament early on.
So you are bitter because I put you below a team you lost to? BTW you beat a 3-6 Athens. That was Athens first game after break. Warren just came off an 8 point loss to Alexander. Athens then beat Alexander by 15. Vinton beat Athens by 35. Athens then beat Vinton by 3 at Vinton.

Sorry. I am not bitter. I just believe that Warren is a better team than Meigs and as such should be seeded higher. Again, Warren played Athens well into the season after playing chemistry had been developed for both teams. Scores of Athens vs. Vinton are irrelevant. How badly did Meigs lose to Athens? How well did Meigs do against Alexander?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

There's really no difference from 1-7 seed teams at Logan. It's not like last year where we all knew Athens and Warren would make it to the convo

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I swear, that post looks almost identical to mine when I was lobbying for Athens to be a higher seed than Logan Elm two years ago. lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Most coaches will probably have voted before Meigs plays Alex.
Last edited by bman on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”