Fort Frye vs. Warren Feb.3

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Re: Fort Frye vs. Warren Feb.3

Post by Diehard Fan »

tell me, who is the "STAR" at Warren, just curious if there was another Lebron James coming up in vincent ohio. U people are so pathetic at Warren, Get a Life People.There is alot more important things to worry about in the world than a stupid basketball game and what the so called STAR did or did not do.

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

well i couldnt make it to this game but i heard it was a great game!!! than a buddy of mine said austin wasnt getting the ball enough

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

AC makes 3 3's in a row and then dissapears.Coach Maddox needs to get him the ball.

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

FF was 12 for 28 from 3pt range.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is better.There is a reason they are 13-0.Warren will get them the next couple seasons.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

diehard that is a ridiculous post.
you are correct, it is just a game. but don't call warren fans pathetic, i used the word star sarcastically. we care about our team and waco basketball, you do too or you wouldnt post. obviously warren has always won by playing team basketball. leidke is an awesome coach, props to ff on the win.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

and maddox doesn't play in the game. he can't pass it to cunningham. its not like ac was on the bench.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

I too wondered why AC disappeared after the first quarter......

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Many times a player's appearance and disappearance has as much to do with what the other team is doing as it does with what the player's own team is doing.

Warren is fine talent wise. They have played with every team this year, and most of the losses have been by a few points. They struggle down the stretch, and that may have as much to with experience and leadership as anything else. If you watched the end of the game more than once the FF players huddled by themselves on the court before going back into the game. They managed themselves as a team, played the game as a team and, ultimately, won the game as a team. The Warren players didn't say a word to each other in or out of the huddle with the coach, then went out and tried to win the game as individuals. I found a clipping last night where this same group of FF players won the Wood County Jr. High championship over Barlow-Vincent. This same group of players has been together playing at FF since at least the 7th grade. FF has chemistry and experience. That kind of stuff often reveals itself the most when the pressure is really on. This is the first season that this group of Warren players has played together. If the Warriors can develop some chemistry and play team basketball the whole game they will be ready for the tournaments. I honestly think this team is maturing (earlier in the season they had entire games where they didn't play like a team). Now they have to get themselves under control and play like a team when the pressure is on. They can't flip-out and try to do too much individually.

They can do it. I'm excited to see this team down the stretch and in the tournaments.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:Many times a player's appearance and disappearance has as much to do with what the other team is doing as it does with what the player's own team is doing.

Warren is fine talent wise. They have played with every team this year, and most of the losses have been by a few points. They struggle down the stretch, and that may have as much to with experience and leadership as anything else. If you watched the end of the game more than once the FF players huddled by themselves on the court before going back into the game. They managed themselves as a team, played the game as a team and, ultimately, won the game as a team. The Warren players didn't say a word to each other in or out of the huddle with the coach, then went out and tried to win the game as individuals. I found a clipping last night where this same group of FF players won the Wood County Jr. High championship over Barlow-Vincent. This same group of players has been together playing at FF since at least the 7th grade. FF has chemistry and experience. That kind of stuff often reveals itself the most when the pressure is really on. This is the first season that this group of Warren players has played together. If the Warriors can develop some chemistry and play team basketball the whole game they will be ready for the tournaments. I honestly think this team is maturing (earlier in the season they had entire games where they didn't play like a team). Now they have to get themselves under control and play like a team when the pressure is on. They can't flip-out and try to do too much individually.

They can do it. I'm excited to see this team down the stretch and in the tournaments.

Great post, this needs to be posted on the teams lockerroom door where the young men see it every day.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Diehard Fan wrote:tell me, who is the "STAR" at Warren, just curious if there was another Lebron James coming up in vincent ohio. U people are so pathetic at Warren, Get a Life People.There is alot more important things to worry about in the world than a stupid basketball game and what the so called STAR did or did not do.

The above quote might be the worst post in the history of Preps. I'm not a Warrior fan at all! I actually don't like them. But theirs a reason behind it. They are tough! Every time you face a Maddux team, you can bet they will be busting the cutter and boxing out and hand checking and playing physical! Good coaching! And the Warrior Dome sucks too! Small gym, great student section, and usually hot as heck! Got love it! I hope someone on here understands where I am coming from?? For Diehard to make that statement he definitely won't get my post. You guys keep up supporting your teams, it's what HS Bball is all about!

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

fan,

I'm pretty sure those 4 seniors and Bates have been playing basketball together since at least the 4th grade. It definitely shows.

darKnight
Riding the Bench

Post by darKnight »

Well put!!!

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

the need for a warren district middle school is obvious...maybe someone could use a middle school platform to get elected to the school board!

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

I am with you tribetime, I have been saying this for years. The biggest problem is passing a levy to support a middle school/jr. high. This would mean a complete restructure of our district,which many oppose. I truly believe a middle school / jr. high would greatly improve our academic progress plus improve the level of success for our athletic programs. We need to step up to the plate,as a community, to provide the very best opportunities fo our young men and women. ...... GO BLUE!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”