SOC Previews

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Re: SOC Previews

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

bbjunky81 wrote:Oak Hill looked solid, their big man was much better than i thought.

Wheelersburg looked to have the best athletes and the best player in the league. They're the odds on favorite clearly.

South Webster looked good and plays very hard.

Minford and Waverly could surprise people, they're athletic enough to make noise in the league. It was weird seeing Waverly without any big kids, though.

West didn't look too good, neither did Northwest. Valley plays hard, just young.
Oak Hill runs a solid offense, with precision. They look for openings and screen very well away from the ball.

Like I said, Burg could be the favorite, but they cannot afford to get behind early in the season and try to catch up.

Does Minford look to compete again? Senior count? How many did they lose from last season?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote:Does Minford look to compete again? Senior count? How many did they lose from last season?
Minford lost 3 starters in Kelly, Alley and Rowe from last year. They were all 3 multiple year starters and big contributors. Rowe is probably the biggest loss as the primary ball handler/play maker.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford will be in the mix, if they can keep hitting the 3 ball.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly and South Webster looked the best. Wheelersburg is going to be really good. Just might take a while. Oak Hill will be good if the big man stays out of foul trouble. Minford will be ok just not good enough to beat the top four. Porstmouth west, Valley and Northwest will struggle badly with Northwest being the worst of the bunch.

minfordsports1023
Waterboy

Post by minfordsports1023 »

Minford will surprise some teams this year and will be around the top 4 all year. Minford did lose three starters from last years team but they also return Dalton,Gullett,Mccorcick,Shepherd, who all have started for Minford in the past two years. With a healthy Thoroughman this year, and a very improved Compton, i can see the seniors with the help of Dalton and Kelley both sophomores really be a contender for another run at soc.

Return to “Boys Basketball”