Zanesville@Warren, 1/20

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Zanesville@Warren, 1/20

Post by WHSwarrior »

This game should be interesting, for sure.

Last time: Zanesville beats Warren by five in a tough defensive game
Warren comes in having lost to SEOAL foes Marietta and Gallia Academy...A loss here probably knocks the 5-4 Warriors out of contention for the SEOAL North title.
3-7 Zanesville just upset Ironton 66-50.

Will probably be a low-scoring game, which doesnt play into Warren's hands at all...

What's going down in Vincent on Tuesday night?

tribetime
Freshman Team

Re: Zanesville@Warren, 1/20

Post by tribetime »

... Zanesville is coming off a nice win and Warren a puzzling defeat. coach maddox will have the guys prepared for sure, but itll be up to the five guys on the court to match zanesvilles defensive pressure and get the key stops needed. Really a time where it is essential for the warriors to unite as a team. These coaches and players bleed blue and white, and i really hope they can get a W on tuesday.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren has been as beat-up as I've ever seen them. Cunningham only played a few minutes in Friday's loss (he did not start). I guess his head (obvious) AND ankle were injured at Marietta. I don't know what his status is for tomorrow's game. Ellenwood had an MRI on Thursday, we don't have the results yet. He's getting better, but not as fast as we had hoped. Harris is done for the season. So, the Warriors were down to 3 starters and a very, very short bench on Friday. They had 8 players including the Freshman Knost.

This team has a bunch of talent, but it is hard to overcome the current injury situation.

If Cunningham is back they have a nice chance of knocking of Zanesville tomorrow.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Zanesville seems to be playing better ball as of late.
Someone was saying Warren's bench is thin right now and could play out to be the difference here.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

If the same team that played against Ironton show's up at Warren i look for the Devil's to win this game. GO BLUE DEVIL"S :aaaaa56 :aaaaa59

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Win one for Wash. Co. Warren.

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

If the strong play and leadership of Prati is in full force(as it has been of late) and the Devils keep the turnovers down.......

Devils by 10+

GO BLUE!

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

It is all up two the Seniors they come to play Zville win if not Warriors!!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

It takes a team effort ,get real zbd.....or u one those "I" player's in team

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Devils win 46-39

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Final reserve score?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

idk the score but warren won........

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

This team can be frustrating.

I thought Warren played ok most of the game, until they started to give up outside shots. The defense was solid in the first half and just kind of fell off...

...Coach has a few more players on that Varsity bench, could he not work them in to A) provide opportunities for experience and B) to give his starters a rest!?!?

Free Throws and dumb fouls. That was the night.
Zanesville may not be very good, but their size really gets inside Warren's skin.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Zanesville. 4-1 in the league now and the younger players are learning alan harris is really starting to come along two good offensive games in a row.If we can cut down the to's and keep our composure we will continue to improve....

Keep playing hard Devil's........
Last edited by ZvilleBlueDevil on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

This Zanesville team isn't as good as teams of years past but they aren't all that bad. They hit a skid early in the year with a lack of experience and chemistry. However 5 of the 7 losses were to large Division 1 schools (not all great teams but one loss was by 3 on the road to last years D1 state champs Newark) and 1 to North Division leader Marietta on the road and 1 to Perenial Power and last years Division 4 Runner Up Worthington Christian. The only loss by a large margin was to Wheeling Park.

I would not count this team out of the running for the DOC 1st place game and also wouldn't want them in the 1st round of the tournament if they continue to grow.
Go Devils....keep getting better and keep working hard.

Good Luck to the Warriors the rest of the way.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

ZvilleBlueDevil wrote:It takes a team effort ,get real zbd.....or u one those "I" player's in team

NO I AM not one of those guys. I was just saying what Zville Coach touched on in the paper how the seniors at half time really seem to take charge thats what Zville needs seniors set the stage for team chemistry and I think the last few games the team chemistry was lacking!! Then Jackson game it seem to get better and that is what was needed. This team has talent just think they were lacking chemistry that is getting better and look they are winning again. So yes you right basketball is a team sport but as most people know most of the time as your seniors go your team goes.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Just razzing ya ZBD your right the senior's do need to lead and i believe there are now we are starting to play better ball and hopefully we can keep it up...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Still need reserve score to complete league standings. thanks

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

Good win for the Devils....

JV Score:
Zanesville 37
Warren 43

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

WHSwarrior wrote:This team can be frustrating.

I thought Warren played ok most of the game, until they started to give up outside shots. The defense was solid in the first half and just kind of fell off...

...Coach has a few more players on that Varsity bench, could he not work them in to A) provide opportunities for experience and B) to give his starters a rest!?!?

Free Throws and dumb fouls. That was the night.
Zanesville may not be very good, but their size really gets inside Warren's skin.

I saw two players on the bench that did not play JV and both got in. The other two players played 4 qtrs of JV and would have only 1 qtr available. I am not sure about the number of qtrs they have on the year as I have not seen every game but you only get 90 for the year.

When the big boy for Warren went out they had trouble rebounding. That was a big difference and IMO the biggest as it gave Zville to many 2nd chance points.

Return to “Boys Basketball”