VC @ ALEXANDER

Spartan4Life
Riding the Bench

Re: VC @ ALEXANDER

Post by Spartan4Life »

Flash-G,
Where did I say I don't care about kids. I care about all the kids. I was very happy for all the girls on the volleyball team when they won state. I also care about all the boys and girls that play basketball and hope to see them be as good as they can be.

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

Spartan4Life wrote:Flash-G,
Where did I say I don't care about kids. I care about all the kids. I was very happy for all the girls on the volleyball team when they won state. I also care about all the boys and girls that play basketball and hope to see them be as good as they can be.

You said you did'nt care about outside influences if that's true sir you don't care about the kids of Alexander. And how many of the girls on the volleyball team started school at Alexander.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I like the Vikes in this one. Team play and a coach that gets the best out of his kids.

Spartan4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Spartan4Life »

FLASH-G wrote:
Spartan4Life wrote:Flash-G,

You said you did'nt care about outside influences if that's true sir you don't care about the kids of Alexander. And how many of the girls on the volleyball team started school at Alexander.

Who cares how many girls on the volleyball team started out at Alexander! We are state champs and that's the bottom line! Let's get back to the basketball game now. Spartans by 22.

Hayman
Waterboy

Post by Hayman »

Flash
How many volleyball players started at Alexander? You must mean in Kindergarten, right? Because every volleyball player started at Alexander on the first day of this year. In fact Im pretty sure they all played and were in school all of last year. So when do you and the resident idiots let this go? Ive got one word for you - letitgo. Now repeat it - letitgo.

Alex boys will be ready Friday nite.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This one will be a dandy. I am pretty sure that no one will be getting their panties in a wad about the level of competition in this game. I just hope that no one gets their shorts in a knot over the officiating and tries to make excuses, for either team.

Good luck to both schools. And I hope that my friends know that I say that with all sincerity.......

This is one of the best match-ups in the TVC this year!

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Freak, I have re-read my post several times and I see no dig in asking a question about how the teams in the TVC Ohio have done in the tourney. VC should be darn proud of their District Title!!! Some people put an emphasis on league titles and some put theirs on the tournament, my all caps were showing that I think a team, program or league is judged by what they have done in the tourney. I thought I made sure that I wasn't bashing any job that any coach has done, was just asking that question. I'm sure if you ask quite a few coaches, they would trade their League titles for a trip to the Schott. Now, what was your motivation behind quoting my post and then just adding "TRANSFER"? We are on a basketball forum and I asked a basketball question, period. I'm not stirring anything and I received my info from Hawkeye and keyser (thanks guys). Like I said, if you want to argue a point with me, there is a button that says PM, feel free to hit it and we can chat all you like. Good luck to both teams Friday, should be a dandy with a GREAT atmosphere, although I think it will either be a blowout or a one or two possession game.

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

Hayman wrote:Flash
How many volleyball players started at Alexander? You must mean in Kindergarten, right? Because every volleyball player started at Alexander on the first day of this year. In fact Im pretty sure they all played and were in school all of last year. So when do you and the resident idiots let this go? Ive got one word for you - letitgo. Now repeat it - letitgo.

Alex boys will be ready Friday nite.

You better find a coach before Friday because Mr. Combs and Vinton County owns you- Now repeat owns you.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

FLASH-G wrote:You better find a coach before Friday because Mr. Combs and Vinton County owns you- Now repeat owns you.

I am staying neutral on this one! I will say that with all that is on the line in this one the Spartans will have plenty of motivation. Especially in the Alley. I'm not sure I would give Coach Gabriel anymore bulletin board material.

Shep07
Waterboy

Post by Shep07 »

Good luck to my Vikings!

Hayman
Waterboy

Post by Hayman »

Flash
Combs will own us? Okay. We will see tomorrow night.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Until somebody knocks off VC they have to be the favorites. But I'm taking the home dog in a close one. Should be a great game and environment. Good luck to both!!!

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Will the officials be a factor? How about home court?

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

I'll take VC 69-62 in OT. Based on recent history of these two teams, it would appear that the visitor should be favored. IMO with these two teams record or margin of victory has little bearing on how this game is played.This is one of my fav TVC match ups Due to work I'll miss it,hope for better next time around.Good luck to both teams.

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

hardhitter ll wrote:Will the officials be a factor? How about home court?

Officials have never been a factor when Alexander and Vinton County play. These are two schools in the TVC that actually hire quality officials for most games.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

freakintheseat wrote:
Competitor wrote:Every time I post something on here some wisea$$ brings up that my family moved. My post had nothing to do with Alexander Volleyball comparisons and nothing to do with transfers. But I would be careful knocking teams and schools that have had kids move in unless your school has never done that.

I really don't consider myself "wise" and I said nothing about YOUR family or MOVING. And frankly, your post was a "dig" at ALL TVC teams that have not made it to state, go back and read your post, all caps is an emphasis on that word! I would think that any kid on last years team, and any Viking fan, would consider the first school District Championship VERY IMPORTANT!

Don't stir the pot if you don't want to taste the soup!! ;-)

Is there broccoli in your soup? :aaaaa110

Elaine Benice
Waterboy

Post by Elaine Benice »

Good Luck Vikings!
VC - 56
Alex - 53

P.S. Freak, I like potato soup

:aaaaa12

Viking Dynasty
Waterboy

Post by Viking Dynasty »

The way I see it, the pressure is predominately on Blaine and his Alexander Spartans. If they lose this game, then their share of the TVC title runs through McArthur--No easy task. I think that if the Vikings can get back and stop penetration, (ha, thats what she said) They will be fine.
VC 59
ALEX 52

How are Alexander's freshman and JV teams? Is this a triple header?

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Yes this is a triple header.
The JV team only has 1 loss as well.
The freshman team is not that good. I think they only have 1 win on the year.

Viking Dynasty
Waterboy

Post by Viking Dynasty »

Thank you for the information... I know Mr. Bolin and Mr. Thomas are both class acts

Return to “Boys Basketball”