Division IV Sectionals at Lucasville Valley

basketball
Waterboy

Re: Division IV Sectionals at Lucasville Valley

Post by basketball »

For all the " shafted" SHL teams maybe they can play the state tournament next year in Adams County!! Paint Valley and the SHL school are only shafted by their loaction not by other teams. North Adams and Paint Valley go up and down in enrollment all the time. I dont ever remember North Adams getting shafted in Div. 4??If it is a big problem then why dont they petition the State and try to play in the Southwest District! They they can play the parochial Schools from cincinnati (sp)

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Southwest District is intense! Unless you are #1 or #2 you almost always have to play 3 games to get out of the sectional. When Eastern Brown came to the Southeast District I think they had only won a couple of sectional titles in the school's history and since the move they have won several. Winning the District in Southeast is comparable to winning a sectional in Southwest. I would hate to see how many sectional banners a move to Southwest would cost North Adams too.

basketball
Waterboy

Post by basketball »

I agree Jimmy! The SOC is always accused of being one-sided. If you look at the girls Div.4 at Northwest they voted a 9-4 team number one over at 12 win New Boston team. It is always politics when youdont get what you want but peopple fail to mention politics when you get what you wanted. As for Western Pike avoiding OAK HILL ummm i think every school in Division 4 in the satate might want to avoid them

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

That`s why they play the games fellas, who cares where you are seeded if you are good enough it does not matter,if your team is weak I don`t want to watch them at the Convo anyway. Stop whining so much and just support your team. Paint valley is not very good, SVC is one of the most over rated leagues around and you always see that at tourney time. The teams from the SVC usually get pounded if they make it to the Convo.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

WOW! You don't here the South Webster fans crying about the seed they got & they play in the SOC2
We feel good about are seed because the JEEPS play the best teams all year & we think we will be just fine.
(If your team is that good you will be fine, so shut up & cheer on your team!)

shlfrog
Waterboy

Post by shlfrog »

well you all can say quit crying and winning all you want its not fair to a kids that work hard all season and that deserve a good seed even thou that team might not be good enouth to win the state title they stile deserve a chance to experence a game at the convo its not right for coach to deside where teams should be seeded any way you will allways have politics envolved if it was all SHL teams and 3 SOC teams it would be the outher way I dont agree at all how the seeding gets done its not fair to the kids that work hard all season
Even Notre Dame Coach said that all the this was decided 3 weeks ago buy the SOC how fair is that

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Then why don't you go ask the Notre Dame coach how he ranked his seeding then...shoot he is lucky that they even got the 6th seed...they are currently 4-11 according to the sectional bracket...He should thank the other coaches for giving them such a good seed especially after the way they tanked since the beginning of the year.

shlfrog
Waterboy

Post by shlfrog »

thats right he did get a good seed for the season that they have had. Im just say he said that this Sectional was decided 2 weeks ago and he also said that the SHL teams got scred I just think they ought to redo the way they do the draw
I think that who ever gets the First seed should be able to put there team any where on the Bracket they want and then the secound seed should be able to put there name any where on the Bracket that they want and so on and so on down the line.

I think that there is a few SOC and SHL teams that have hade a pretty good season could get a little futher in the Tournment and the kids could have a good experence like maybe make it to the Convo.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

shlfrog wrote:well you all can say quit crying and winning all you want its not fair to a kids that work hard all season and that deserve a good seed even thou that team might not be good enouth to win the state title they stile deserve a chance to experence a game at the convo its not right for coach to deside where teams should be seeded any way you will allways have politics envolved if it was all SHL teams and 3 SOC teams it would be the outher way I dont agree at all how the seeding gets done its not fair to the kids that work hard all season
Even Notre Dame Coach said that all the this was decided 3 weeks ago buy the SOC how fair is that

Wow, must be an SHL education. LOL

shlfrog
Waterboy

Post by shlfrog »

Your Right I do live in the SHL School Dist and I dont think its right how they do the seed for the Sectional its not fair to the kids that work hard all season long Its not right for the lkids in the SOC or the SHL

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

From what I understand, the #1 seed does have the right to go anywhere on the bracket they want. Can anyone clarify this please?

Thanks.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'm gonna say no.

Why would Western want to face Paint Valley again?

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I don't believe that is true. The bracket is set they just plug in the seeds as they fall.

voiceofreason
Waterboy

Post by voiceofreason »

out of bounds is right, spots are already set and you plug teams into spots as they are seeded by the coaches.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Ironman92 wrote:I'm gonna say no.

Why would Western want to face Paint Valley again?

Why wouldn't Western want to play Paint Valley again?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Notre Dame is a #6 seed.

New Boston Glenwood is a #11 seed.

New Boston beat Notre Dame both times.

Do you hear anyone from NB whinning about the seeding?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why would they....the #11 has an easier route than the #1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

"Why wouldn't Western want to play Paint Valley again"

What other teams in this sectional defeated Western by 20 points?

I'm not saying Western is fearful....just saying it must not be the best matchup.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I92 is correct. When coaches look at teams and brackets, they look at possible match ups. And yes some politics do come into play. Coaches talk before Sunday and the day of the draw. Everybody jockey's for what is they're best match up to advance. I don't see anything wrong with it. It has been this way for some time now. Some years you benefit from and and some not so much.

Keagan
Riding the Bench

Post by Keagan »

South Websters not crying because they might not be one and done this year with the draw they got. How are they a sleeper team just wondering??

Return to “Boys Basketball”