CLAY @ MANCHESTER

claypantherfan
All State

Re: CLAY @ MANCHESTER

Post by claypantherfan »

candystore wrote:
claypantherfan wrote:It will be a big challenge for Clay to go to Manchester and pull out a win they are a good team and playing at home will help them out but if Clay doesn't turn it over and plays smart because this Manchester team is a big team that they have so I think Clay can pull this one out though as long as the guard play is there

I understand that clay has good guards...but is there anyone downlow that can score?

they did do good that night so hopefully they will keep playing like they are

shlfan
Waterboy

Post by shlfan »

Lets clear up all the rumors. The officials lost a little control of the game. They let the boys play and the first half was a good game with some aggressive play from both teams. In the 3rd quarter Manchester started to pull away and the officials missed a very deliberate two hand push from a Clay player. The entire Manchester crowd saw it and reacted verbally (nothing was thrown onto the floor). The rest of the game was played with frustration (Clay) because it was out of reach. I did not see where Clay played dirty, only the common frustration play when you are down 30. The Manchester fans were complaining about the aggressive play and lack of officiating.

In the 4th quarter with the subs in the game, there was a loose ball pile up and Clay pushed a Manchester player in the back while he was on the floor out of frustration. Earlier in the quarter, Cheerleaders threw towels into the stands that were wrapped with a blue rubber band. There was a rubber band shot onto the floor and Clay's assistant coach turned around and said something about these are kids out here . Nothing else was said.

Take away a couple of frustration plays and one ignorant fan and it was an OK game. I do not like to talk about officials, but missing the one push turned the game into the direction it ended.

shlfrog
Waterboy

Post by shlfrog »

I Set right behind Clays bench and there was nothing thrown on or at Clay Bench or on the court that i seen there was a rubber band on the floor in front of the Bench I think the rubberband came from the Cheerleaders that where on the floor I think the Refs let the game get a little out of hand and that was the result in the frustration in the Two teams all and all I think both team are respected Teams and wish them both good luck in the games they have ahead

Return to “Boys Basketball”