Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill 1/9/09

Who wins this game?

Total votes: 0

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill 1/9/09

Post by bleed_blue »

beaverlover wrote:
bleed_blue2324 wrote:Wheelersburg has overachieved this year. They showed their youth last night at minford. If they make those costly turnovers like last night they will get beat by oak hill pretty soundly.

I think Burg is a good ball club and have proved themselves with wins against Fed Hock,Ironton,Valley,and not to mention playing a very good Portsmouth team close.Given they are young but come tourney time Barrick will have this team all grown up and will be a force to reckon with in D3.As for the Oak Hill game I see the Burg hanging tough the whole game but Oak Hill winning in a close one at home.Trust me the Burg will be fine.

Im just saying they have overachieved with what they have. yes they have won a few tough games which is going to make them better. They aren't as good as people are making them out to be. Now next year and the year after they will b a force but right now they are still learning.

OakHillOaks
Freshman Team

Post by OakHillOaks »

alright can we start talking about the game on Friday and not the games that were on Tuesday

I say Oaks bounce back and win by 8!

GO OAKS!

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Also, do officials even look for the 3 second violation anymore. My brother and I counted at least 4 times that Brisker stood in the lane for almost an entire possession without coming out and it wasn't called once.

A very wise friend of mine who is a very respected official in the area once told me that if you spend all your time looking for a 3 second call, you're missing one hell of a game. ;-)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FalconX wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Also, do officials even look for the 3 second violation anymore. My brother and I counted at least 4 times that Brisker stood in the lane for almost an entire possession without coming out and it wasn't called once.

A very wise friend of mine who is a very respected official in the area once told me that if you spend all your time looking for a 3 second call, you're missing one hell of a game. ;-)

I didn't miss any of this game since I had a great seat right at mid court about 4 rows up and I did have a clear veiw of Brisker camping out in the lane. I'm surprised someone didn't get hurt tripping over the tent he pitched in there. :mrgreen:

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

Burg by 10 over Oaks... lets remember Minford will come to Burg...I for one see burg by 20

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

I think it's time we STOP bashing officials. If you can think you can do a better job
take the test and become one so you can see what it's like.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I picked Oak Hill before the season to win the SOC II, but it's looking like a shaky pick especially if Wheelersburg wins this one.......and they could. The Burg has won at Ironton and played Portsmouth very tough.........while getting better along the way.

K-BERG88
Waterboy

Post by K-BERG88 »

This should be a good game I'm gonna get there early to get a decent seat.

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

K-BERG88 wrote:This should be a good game I'm gonna get there early to get a decent seat.

Better be real early. Not many seats over there.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I thought Oak Hill had a decent sized gym with plenty of seating.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I thought Oak Hill had a decent sized gym with plenty of seating.

Its not too bad, but their band sits on the visitors side and takes up a whole section. Guess if we fill the section first, they can sit on the home side.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I thought Oak Hill had a decent sized gym with plenty of seating.

Obviously you haven't made a game there. Minford is much better. So is West.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

I'll be up top with the rest of the Oak Hill area media.....which only consists of Buzz Fisher. :lol:

route93
Freshman Team

Post by route93 »

drrabbit wrote:

Obviously you haven't made a game there. Minford is much better. So is West.

Minford gym is better?! I agree that West's gym is better, but not Minford's. The home sides are pretty even but you seem like you'll be sitting on the visitors side. Do you honestly think Minford has a bigger visitor's side?
Not to mention the big eyesore of a tiny stage behind the basket. But who am I to talk? The court was on stage at Oak Hill's old school.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I disagree about Minford's and West's being bigger. They both give the illusion of being bigger because of the upper deck, but do they ever put bleachers up there. If you look at numbers I would say that Oak Hill's gym is pretty even to those two.

BuCkwiLD
Waterboy

Post by BuCkwiLD »

It's about to get BUCK WILD tonight! GO OAKS!

minford101
Waterboy

Post by minford101 »

oak hills band sits on the home side!!!!!!

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Let's go Oaks!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I consider both to be better because while the seating numbers are about equal:

Both have more floor space around the edges of the floor.
Both have the band someplace beside in the stands taking up seats (balcony or stage.)
Both have better lighting. ;-)

route93
Freshman Team

Post by route93 »

From that aspect, I agree. :)

Return to “Boys Basketball”