Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill 1/9/09

Who wins this game?

Total votes: 0

beaverlover
SE

Re: Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill 1/9/09

Post by beaverlover »

I say the Oaks will bounce back and get a big league win at home.....
Oak Hill 54
Burg 50

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

with the help of the refs, any soc team will beat them

4th n Goal wrote:
jacksonoaks wrote:so it takes ten years to be a power?
i believe that oak hill is the big power in the soc2.
no team will come close to beating them

Guess Valley did not get your memo?? :lol:

Not sure it takes 10 years, but how many SOCII trophies are in the case in Oak Hill?

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

salemcat wrote:All I have to say is that I hope Oak Hill wins this game. Hope you do not get the same crew that called the game at Minford tonight. .

I hope they don't either. I hope they get the ones that called the Valley/Oak Hill game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I say OakHill by 6

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

salemcat wrote:All I have to say is that I hope Oak Hill wins this game. Hope you do not get the same crew that called the game at Minford tonight. I heard they had to do plastic surgery to remove those three officials lips from Barrick's butt.

You can't be serious with that statement. If those officials had any balls at all Minford would have had at two or three players fouled out of the Burg game. I don't think I've ever seen more pushing, shoving, and hacking from one team as I did out of the Flacons tonight that didn't get called. Stegman was pounded on every time he went to the basket, but just how many times do you recall him going to the line after a basket. Very few. Hell, the little skinny official never made a call all night long. I don't know why he even put his whistle in his mouth since it was obvious he wasn't going to blow it. The officials did not cost the Falcons the game tonight. Ask Oesch why he's taking a 3 pt shot with around a minute to play and you're up by 6. Ask why they went away from Sean Smith when he was hitting everything he threw up and ask Price why he suddenly decided he was the only one going to shoot the ball in the last few minutes. He tried to do it all at the edn of the game while the Pirates continued to play team ball and got the win.

By the way, I've got some nice cheese you can add to that whine of yours.

imjustbias
Waterboy

Post by imjustbias »

It is still beside me why people get on here and show lack of integrity and their ignorance. We should all be proud of the teams that we have here in Southeastern Ohio. Rivalry is good. It's what makes each team better.

As for the Burg/Oaks game, I too believe the Oaks will bounce back with a win...not a big one...probably down to the buzzer.
I think the Oaks will be matched up better this game than they were at Valley. Should be a terrific game.

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

I am just wondering how many of you go to the games from some of the posts I am just wondering what game you are watching. Stop crying about the officials ,if you are good enough the officials will never be a factor. I am sick of always getting on here and hearing people crying and it is always the fans of the team that got beat. You just got beat , stop the whining and pass the cheese you big babies. I have had the chance too see both teams play including last nights game at valley. Oak Hill will beat Burg at Oak Hill.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

WTIGER 80 wrote:I am just wondering how many of you go to the games from some of the posts I am just wondering what game you are watching. Stop crying about the officials ,if you are good enough the officials will never be a factor. I am sick of always getting on here and hearing people crying and it is always the fans of the team that got beat. You just got beat , stop the whining and pass the cheese you big babies. I have had the chance too see both teams play including last nights game at valley. Oak Hill will beat Burg at Oak Hill.

Couldnt agree more, I hear fans, of every team, win or lose, complain about the reffing. While Im sure some bad reffing does happen, its more often than not, the exception to the rule. If a ref got turned in to the state for intentionally making bad calls, and the allegations proved true, he would be gone in a New York second.

CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
salemcat wrote:All I have to say is that I hope Oak Hill wins this game. Hope you do not get the same crew that called the game at Minford tonight. I heard they had to do plastic surgery to remove those three officials lips from Barrick's butt.

You can't be serious with that statement. If those officials had any balls at all Minford would have had at two or three players fouled out of the Burg game. I don't think I've ever seen more pushing, shoving, and hacking from one team as I did out of the Flacons tonight that didn't get called. Stegman was pounded on every time he went to the basket, but just how many times do you recall him going to the line after a basket. Very few. Hell, the little skinny official never made a call all night long. I don't know why he even put his whistle in his mouth since it was obvious he wasn't going to blow it. The officials did not cost the Falcons the game tonight. Ask Oesch why he's taking a 3 pt shot with around a minute to play and you're up by 6. Ask why they went away from Sean Smith when he was hitting everything he threw up and ask Price why he suddenly decided he was the only one going to shoot the ball in the last few minutes. He tried to do it all at the edn of the game while the Pirates continued to play team ball and got the win.

By the way, I've got some nice cheese you can add to that whine of yours.

If Stegman was getting mugged everytime he went to the basket, was he not shuffling his feet? Was there not a WALK everytime he made a move inside the paint? Oh and if you are going to talk about Oesch taking the 3, why in the world did Burg have Stegman at the top of the key taking a 3 as well and then AIR BALLING it?????

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

Sounds like it was a heck of a game. Who cares who shot the ball when, the teams will meet again. Kids get excited and sometimes don`t always take the best shot, they are just kids, I think all three teams will make some noise come tourney time. What agreat SOC so far with Valley,Burg,Oak Hill, and Minford all playing well this has been alot of fun so far.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Wheelersburg has overachieved this year. They showed their youth last night at minford. If they make those costly turnovers like last night they will get beat by oak hill pretty soundly.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

bleed_blue2324 wrote:Wheelersburg has overachieved this year. They showed their youth last night at minford. If they make those costly turnovers like last night they will get beat by oak hill pretty soundly.

I think Burg is a good ball club and have proved themselves with wins against Fed Hock,Ironton,Valley,and not to mention playing a very good Portsmouth team close.Given they are young but come tourney time Barrick will have this team all grown up and will be a force to reckon with in D3.As for the Oak Hill game I see the Burg hanging tough the whole game but Oak Hill winning in a close one at home.Trust me the Burg will be fine.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

If Stegman was getting mugged everytime he went to the basket, was he not shuffling his feet? Was there not a WALK everytime he made a move inside the paint? Oh and if you are going to talk about Oesch taking the 3, why in the world did Burg have Stegman at the top of the key taking a 3 as well and then AIR BALLING it?????

Let's just agree that the officiating was horrible on both sides of the ball. The Burg has had the big bald guy on several ocassions and he is alway terrible. Sometimes I wonder how they get and keep their licenses. As for Stegman taking the 3, no it wasn't a smart thing to do since that's not his shot. If you noticed, Barrick called TO right after that and had a little talk with Andy about it. I would almost gaurantee you won't see him take another one the rest of the season. Also, do officials even look for the 3 second violation anymore. My brother and I counted at least 4 times that Brisker stood in the lane for almost an entire possession without coming out and it wasn't called once.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

CMo wrote:If Stegman was getting mugged everytime he went to the basket, was he not shuffling his feet? Was there not a WALK everytime he made a move inside the paint? Oh and if you are going to talk about Oesch taking the 3, why in the world did Burg have Stegman at the top of the key taking a 3 as well and then AIR BALLING it?????

Have you ever heard of a jump stop?? Not too many players are very good at this move, but when you are 6'5", it does look like a travel, but is legal.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

I coach basketball and know what a jump stop is. He shuffled his feet so much down there he looked like he was doing the curly shuffle. Can you not agree that Price got shoved at midcourt when he had NO ONE in front of him. the Burg kid had his arms extended following through on a push. The call that bothered me is when Brisker sets a screen and the Burg kid pushes him into Sloan making him lose his balance. The idiot ref calls travelling on Sloan instead of an obvious foul on Burg. Why are you saying we had no calls on us when I look at the board late before you have to start fouling and we have 8 fouls called against us and only 2 against you. Stop your holier than thou attitude long enough to realize what you are saying. You said Stegman was getting pounded every time, well every time Price went to the lane he was getting mugged. He even was fouled on several break away lay ups that were not called. Need any more info? I have spoken to several officials, or people who used to officiate and they all say the officiating has gone downhill recently. OHSAA please train some competent people to officiate. Those guys last night were just clowns in a striped shirt.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Like I said, we can agree that the officiating was horrible on both sides of the ball.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

agreed, and the skinny ref should have his liscense taken away. start reprimanding the officials for doing a horrible job and we will see improved officiating.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

salemcat wrote:agreed, and the skinny ref should have his liscense taken away. start reprimanding the officials for doing a horrible job and we will see improved officiating.

I agree. He might as well have stayed home since the other two did all the work. I don't know how many times a foul or violation occured right in front of him and the call was made by the other official across the court. He was useless.

Return to “Boys Basketball”