wellston holiday games

oaksfan1
Waterboy

Re: wellston holiday games

Post by oaksfan1 »

The money goes for severance package for Derrow, I just heard Mike Potts was approached and is entertaining the idea of moving back to Wellston to coach. Has anyone else heard this?

1rocketfan
Waterboy

Post by 1rocketfan »

i think its very sad that adults of other programs dog kids from wellston on this forum everytime something positive about them is mentioned.everyone said this was all about getting derrow removed from coach well he is now if you dont have any good comments to make about the kids please keep your posts to yourself as far as the money were you in charge of it?did you help raise is it?if you did you would already know the answer to that question thanks for the positive comments

ItsGoTime
Waterboy

Post by ItsGoTime »

The Rockets are getting better every time out...GO ROCKETS!

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

1rocketfan wrote:i think its very sad that adults of other programs dog kids from wellston on this forum everytime something positive about them is mentioned.everyone said this was all about getting derrow removed from coach well he is now if you dont have any good comments to make about the kids please keep your posts to yourself as far as the money were you in charge of it?did you help raise is it?if you did you would already know the answer to that question thanks for the positive comments

Many believe that Derrow will be rehired next year as the head coach of the Wellston boy's basketball program. If Wellston does hire someone else, I would guess the negative comments about Wellston will stop.

If you want someone to blame for people's hatred of Wellston's basketball team, blame the people of Wellston. Blame the people who elect school board members who have allowed Derrow to pull his shenanigans for the last several years.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I'm not sure Derrow is the problem. The Wellston players attitudes are terrible. They are always yelling at each other and they seem to complain to officials and the coaches all the time. If the new guy can change their attitudes they will be fine.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

didnt really know problems were this tough :?: people should chill and just let it play out on its own it has to burn deep :idea: :!:

i knew jamie was a good pitcher now he`s winning basketball games ;-)

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

91blue14 wrote:i knew jamie was a good pitcher now he`s winning basketball games ;-)

Winning basketball games? I really hope you aren't counting OVC, Village Academy and The School for Blind Christians as real games. Those are the only games Wellston can win.

CKIAF
Waterboy

Post by CKIAF »

I have one question, why is Ty Webb so concerned for the Rocket players at this time. From everything I've heard, he was the leader of the group that went after our coach. His only concern was the we were finally getting things turned around and our first game was against his beloved VC and there was a good chance we were going to beat them. He got what he wanted, so now leave us alone! I think if you would ask anyone on the team, they would all agree, we don't need or want your recognition.
Anyway, when is it the coach's responsiblilty to report the game, I thought that's what the sport writers were paid for.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Coach Lambert is saying all the right things in the paper....and I feel like that is part of the job.

Jeff Spicoli
Waterboy

Post by Jeff Spicoli »

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! That Was pink Floyd heavy Man! Righteous! Whooooooa man!

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

Who took down my post?

It doesn't change anything, stupid is no way to go through life.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Just hope no one starts blaming coach Lambert for the weak schedule. That was already made when he took over the program. When people consider what this controversy has done to this team this year, maybe getting a few wins under their belt will help their confidence. Is Derrow guilty? If he is, he should not be allowed back around the sport in any shape or form. If hes not, then there are alot of people that better start puckern up for some serious rump kissin. Personally, I dont know if he is or not. I used to live in Wellston, still own the property my dad was born on. Mom still lives in Wellston. My great aunt was a high school english/ lit teacher there for 40+ years.I now live in Vinton County and my kids go to school here, but they used to go to Wellston and we still have many friends there. I feel bad for those kids that want to play ball. As I said on another post this hurts ALL of us.

Spartan4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Spartan4Life »

Wellston's a joke and have been for years!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

You need removed.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

From reading his first 10 posts on here, I second his removal.

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

I third his removal! :mad:

CKIAF
Waterboy

Post by CKIAF »

Wellston probably scheduled those games in the Millersport tournament after they cancelled their trip to Florida. They needed three games I believe and they scheduled those games and a game versus Point Pleasant I believe. I imagine the games were scheduled by the athletic director. We only can play who is on our schedule.

Return to “Boys Basketball”