ESPN 100.9 Ohio River Classic @ Marietta College

Swampfox
Freshman Team

ESPN 100.9 Ohio River Classic @ Marietta College

Post by Swampfox »

The ESPN 100.9 Ohio River Classic will be held this Saturday (December 27) at Marietta College.. The event will consist of three girls games and four boys games as follows:

9:30 Reedsville Eastern Lady Eagles vs Ravenswood Red Devilettes

11:15 Waterford Lady Wildcats vs Lady Bishop Rosecrans

1:00 Eastern Eagles vs Bishop Rosecrans

2:45 Fairland Dragons vs Marietta Tigers

4:30 Federal Hocking Lady Lancers vs Warren Lady Warriors

6:15 Federal Hocking Lancers vs Charleston Catholic Irish

8:00 Waterford Wildcats vs Buffalo Bisons

Tickets for the day will be $7. Pre-Sale tickets will be available at each participating school for $5.

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Re: ESPN 100.9 Ohio River Classic @ Marietta College

Post by Shazbot »

Any directions, clues to parking, etc?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Does anyone knows anything about Charleston Catholic or Buffalo?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Charleston Catholic has for years been a Class A power in Wva. No different this year

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Shazbot wrote:Any directions, clues to parking, etc?

From I-77, get off at Exit 1 and Take Rt 7 South. At 7th street (light right after Wendy's) take a right and look for the parking on the left next to Tim Horton's and you will see the Rec Center from there.

From Rt. 7 South - follow Rt 7 North across Washington street bridge, take right at 3rd st./Rt7, go 4 blocks to Butler street (CVS intersection) and take a left. Go blockl and half, park and Rec Center on hill.

Good food places on Rt 7/Pike Street - Fast food as well as Bob Evan's, Applebee's, Shoney's

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... another great opportunity to take in more than one game for a $7 ticket - what a deal ... now I have a decision to make - do I go to Chilli to catch the rematch between the Cavs and Logan Elm or take in 4 boyz games for the price of $7 ?????? decisions , decisions, decisions .......... I HAVE seen both the Cavs and LE this season ... haven't seen Marietta yet, would like to give Waterford a 2nd chance to show me more than what they showed at the Convo ... Eastern has moved to 2-2 Jake Lynch was still noticeably hobbled the last time I watched Coach Caldwell's Eagles ... Federal Hocking is unranked but claim to be improving .... so much to think about - I haven't been in the Marietta Sports complex - last time I was in there was for baseball in the mid 70's while I was at Marietta College to play baseball for Coach Schally (sp) ... may be time to make a return trip ... besides Coach Secrest's boyz are playing some excellent ball right now - he brings his Tigers to Logan on the 2nd of January - an early look might be good ...

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Local papers in Athens said this is at the High School. Is it at the High School or the College?

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

The event is being played at Marietta College

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

I called it in to the paper and told them it was at Marietta College. The lower seats will be out so you can get close to the game. Marietta College has worked very well with us to make this event happen. One price all day. One note, if you leave please get a hand stamp so you can return. Marietta College will have a concession stand.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

i watched Charleston Catholic play the other night at Williamstown where they lost a very close game by 2 points. good size. possibly a dunk attempt

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

How about Marietta and Fairland game that should be a good one.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

It depends which team shows up! The dragons need to win this game to get there swagger back. Don't know much about the tigers anybody have any info?

earp
S

Post by earp »

Red is right!The Dragons have been kind of a mystery this year,Everyone still trying to find their roll on this team!Good to see those kids that dont play much get to play againist Fed Hock the other night!I think the brightest spot that I can see right now is Cody Staton contributing!He seems like he is really hungry for playing time! ;-) IMO he has played very well!And guys competing for playing time can only make ya better! ;-)

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

You are right on Earp. Cody has played pretty well when given the chance. The younger Salyer's has also given this team some valuable minutes off the bench. I would also like to see Don's minutes increase. He plays good D and is a great kid. This team needs to use its quickness and press a lot more. If this team ever plays up to its capabilities watch out! They just have not put it together yet but I think they will. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Marietta has a lot of speed to which they try to use to their advantage. With two quick teams on the floor we could see a very high paced game but if they get sloppy we could see a lot of turnovers. Tigers are probably confident not losing yet and two of their tree wins were very convincing wins. I believe they have two wins by more than 20 points.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Can someone post the scores.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the only ones I have so far ...

Reedsville Eastern 32
Rosecrans 55

Fairland 57
Marietta 53

Federal Hocking 50
Charleston Catholic 49

Waterford
Buffalo WVa ???

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

I took my 3 kids to watch and they said that it would be 28 dollars to get in and i said no way. Totally ridiculous to pay 7 dollars each and my kids are just age 5 thru 10.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Diehard Fan wrote:I took my 3 kids to watch and they said that it would be 28 dollars to get in and i said no way. Totally ridiculous to pay 7 dollars each and my kids are just age 5 thru 10.

if you are going to watch one game then yes that is a little steep for high school but if you take advantage of the fact that there are 7 games going on then that really isn't a bad deal. probably could have had a student price or something but 7 games for 7 dollars is a deal, and there were some really good games

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

fairland 57
marietta 53

Return to “Boys Basketball”