ATHENS @ VINTON COUNTY 12/19

vikefan
Freshman Team

Re: ATHENS @ VINTON COUNTY 12/19

Post by vikefan »

Good point Spartan...we'll remember to wave at you as we go on through !!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

:122245 Just remember, that those places are pretty rough after dark. Honestly though, I see the whole thing as a two team race with Athens , and possibly Meigs trying to play the spoiler, but at the same time vulnerable themselves to all of the others with probably Wellston being the exception.

lil vike supporter
Waterboy

Post by lil vike supporter »

im yur huckleberry wrote:
lil vike supporter wrote:
primetime_08 wrote:to even think for one minute that vc was out coached friday just shows how ignorant you really are...just look at the stats coaching wise...not to mention great players make great coaches... and combs was pretty darn good in high school...athens is very much improved...and im sure the coaches of the team have a lot to do with that...but we're 4-0 and your 3-1....let the record speak for itsself.....can i get a ah-men!

You're right. Combs is a pretty good coach. He proved that last season when he worked magic that allowed a scrawny little twerp to set a record for 3 pointers. It's not hard to stand at the 3 point line and shoot wide open shots. Way to live off the talent of Dustin Guthrie.

What is that supposed to mean LVS? I dont think anyone lived off of Dustin Guthries talent. Every player on that team was talented,including that "scrawny little twerp" that could shoot the jay. Im sure if you asked mr. guthrie himself he would tell you the same thing. All prime time was trying to do was support his former coach and you take personal jabs at him. You can take that kind of attitude to wellston with the rest of the haters. Primetime. ah-men! Still undefeated

Yes, huckleberry, watching the basketball team's "supporting cast" was more pleasant than watching the football team's in '07. I got tired of watching a 5'4" guard attempting to block defensive lineman.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Spartan....just kidding about the waving remark ! The season will develop and as it does, things should become more and more clear as to who really will take the title. I do think though that Alex is a quality ball club with talent on the court that matches the talent on the bench as well as the Coaching staff. Coach Gabriel always puts a well trained and talented team on the court year after year. I was looking at the Vikings schedule and you never want to look past anyone but the Alex game is certainly one I and Mrs. Vikefan have circled in red on the calendar.

primetime_08
Waterboy

Post by primetime_08 »

thanks huck for backing me but i got this one.....lvs you sound like one of those guys that thought he was good but never amounted to anything in highschool or in life....see theres no such thing as bad publicity so i appreciate the attention.....one thing you need to know....i played basketball because we were winners..and because i was good enough to play varsity...yea i liked basketball but football is where it is for me...unfortuanatly we werent as good in football as i would have wanted...but basketball we had a lot of athletes and a lot of talent...im not a basketball player..i was a role player!.....ROLE player..i just played my role so well that it looked like i was trying to be a star...my goal going into every game was feed dut...and if he wasnt open my ROLE was to shoot the three because i was good at it...that took pressure off dut so i could feed him the ball...i didnt play basketball for me...thats what track is for.....i played basketball for my team...and for the people who actually are VIKING FANS you know the people that support their players..not sit here an bash kids that did nothing but bust their ass and do what was best for the team...i never onece cried for the ball never once told coach i needed to get the ball more...if i was trying to live off duts ability i would have tried to get in all his front page picutures in the local news papers...i didnt care about that stuf because at the end of the day its about the team and the friendsships i made playing....you are not a viking supporter you are a joke who hides behind his prep name...you know who i am..you want it come find me and ill show you what this scrawny kid can do to a joke like you.....

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

HaterAid wrote:If we are going to be that blunt and RUDE, let me point out that Athens was NOT with out their head coach during the first half, he was VERY active in the coaching of that team!!! Better watch out!!! :oops:

Good point HA I had heard this was a problem. I also heard the refs saw him calling plays once and said the next time they were going to tos him. It was BS why Athens coach was out but rules are rules serve the suspension and suck it up. What does this teach the kids on the bball team? Its OK to cheat sometimes. Bad example for everyone involved.

im yur huckleberry
Waterboy

Post by im yur huckleberry »

Take personal jabs at me if you must LVS. I was just tryin to do my job on the field and never wanted any glory or facetime. If you're out to bash former vinton county players than you're no vikes fan at all. and just for your information, im 5'8. apparently you couldnt read the program last year.and there was no tryin to block last year just a whole lot of doin. As far as Primetime goes, hes clearly one of the best players in vc history and if you cant look past your personal issues with him and give him some credit then i feel sorry for you.

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

Larry Dallas wrote:Negatives:
We knew the officiating would be bad, but we had no idea it would be that bad. I cannot believe they called that charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same kind of crap happened to us at Vinton County. I'm just glad we don't have to play there every year.

Larry Dallas
Waterboy

Post by Larry Dallas »

Razor,

I've heard that everytime the TVC votes on hiring an assignor for officials, Vinton is the first to vote no.

There's hope on the way though. Because I know the crew that Athens has hired for the VC game in the Plains. Let's just say it should be real entertaining.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

The officiating crew that did the Athens/VC game in McArthur is the best in the Southeast District; John Derrow, Bub Norris and Lowell Settles. And they are from Wellston so it is not like they are going to do us any favors. :shock:

vc_fan
Riding the Bench

Post by vc_fan »

At one point in the fourth quarter it was 12 fouls on VC 6 on Athens and then athens started fouling to put Vc on the line.Nobody can cry about the officials.

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

Ha Larry Dallas is funny

Return to “Boys Basketball”