ATHENS @ VINTON COUNTY 12/19

tazman
Riding the Bench

Re: ATHENS @ VINTON COUNTY 12/19

Post by tazman »

The Vikes have too much manpower to lose to The Dogs of Athens.

Either way its a very good TVC Ohio game. Good luck to both teams

Vikes - 63
Dogs - 56

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I would NOT put a lot of stock into LAST YEARS blowout by Vinton over Athens ... Both teams LOOKED ENTIRELY different not only at the preview but through three games as well.

Last year's Vikings team would have mopped the floor with this years Logan (1-2) team. But Vinton County barely nipped the Chieftains by a single point. South Point was a descent win but not impressive by any means. South Point has beaten a couple of winless teams so who knows how good they really are. Don't get me wrong, Vinton County IS THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS and considered the favorite (along with Alex) to win the TVC-Ohio this year ... I just would not make comments comparing last years SCORE or game to what might happen Friday Vs this years Bulldogs team ... Athens is so much different than a year ago its not even funny, I mean, nobody could have seen this team coming after watching what they did a year ago. It's like watching two different teams entirely. MATT WITTEN, the lone star of last years team and only all-league performer is like the 3rd most recognized player this season. FRANK VALENTOUR did a complete 180 and is averaging a double-double after pouring in 21 points @ Jackson and another 23 Vs Meigs ... The PG looks like some new kid that transfered in from another school, but he's not a transfer, COLLIN PFAFF just spent the last year working on his game every day and he (just like Valentour) developed and grew from their soph. year to this year. ATHENS has a junior dominated team, and just like most boys 15-17 years of age, they grew and developed considerably. Hence, the completely different looking team from a year ago.

Vinton County = Lost A LOT OF high caliber players from 2007-2008 team.
Athens = Everyone back + players really grew & got better and are more comfortable running the style of play that 2nd year head coach Paul Mcneal likes to run.

What does that equal ... heck , I don't know, nobody ever does till the game is over - I just know one thing, last years score and game doesn't mean SQUAT!

Larry Dallas
Waterboy

Post by Larry Dallas »

2 programs going in different directions. Vinton County has been the class of the TVC. However, Athens will be taking over from here.

I watched VC against South Point and was not impressed. Their guards hustle, but the heavy kid in the middle will not be able to get a shot off against the Bulldogs.

Their coach should be ashamed of his conditioning program. I hope someone is checking his blood pressure during timeouts.

Shooter McGavin
Waterboy

Post by Shooter McGavin »

Larry Dallas wrote:2 programs going in different directions. Vinton County has been the class of the TVC. However, Athens will be taking over from here.

I watched VC against South Point and was not impressed. Their guards hustle, but the heavy kid in the middle will not be able to get a shot off against the Bulldogs.

Their coach should be ashamed of his conditioning program. I hope someone is checking his blood pressure during timeouts.

You sir, should be ashamed of yourself. Would you care to elaborate on the conditioning program remark? Last I checked, VC was running all over teams.
Wont get a shot off? Right. We'll see.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Heavy kid in the middle? Would you be talking about Dyl Guthrie, I really hope not becuase he may seem heavy from there and compared to alot of "smaller" players he is, but he is mostly muscle, and anyone who runs into him or tries to run over him may have a really huge suprise.........

primetime_08
Waterboy

Post by primetime_08 »

the "fat kid in the middle" would knock you out!....how bout before the game you walk up to him his name is dyl btw yea he has a name...and just touch him..the kid is solid!..everywhere!..theres no off-season for this guy...he's a football stud!...wait an see how he kills your team in the post

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Post by UpperDecker »

Larry Dallas wrote:2 programs going in different directions. Vinton County has been the class of the TVC. However, Athens will be taking over from here.

Better yet tell his dad what you think of his kids size and see what happens. I truley hope you stay hidden behind your pc names making coments like that about kids. These kids have families and, bad luck for you this one happens to have a family full of people his size.
Great first post loser, glad to see you stop drooling over the kids in the neighborhood sandbox to make it. Anyone who would use Larry from 3's company as their avatar must be someone who touches children. Did you registar in your city for your past offenses?

P.S. No one in a green uni will have an answer for the "fat kid in the middle" hell have another BIG night vs subpar competitors.

VC 69
Athens 44

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw VC play at the convo and say athens wins by 10.

Larry Dallas
Waterboy

Post by Larry Dallas »

primetime_08 wrote:the "fat kid in the middle" would knock you out!....how bout before the game you walk up to him his name is dyl btw yea he has a name...and just touch him..the kid is solid!..everywhere!..theres no off-season for this guy...he's a football stud!...wait an see how he kills your team in the post

The football stud you mentioned could not get it done against the Bulldogs last fall. I remember everyone was predicting a Viking domination that never happened. It won't happen this Friday either.

I'm sorry to everyone I offended. I'm new to this forum so I didn't know the rules. I meant no harm by stating the obvious. Next time I refer to this kid I'll label him the rotund redhead.

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Post by UpperDecker »

Bulldog fans you are cracking me up!!!! Why would you possiblly think you stand a chance in this game. Who have you beat this year? Jackson.... they will be lucky to win a game, Gallia.... They are down this year and will finish at or near the bottom of their conference with Jackson and Meigs a consistant TVC Ohio bottom dweller. If you think this makes you a TVC front runner you will have a long evening come Fri. night. Congrats on starting out 3-0 your fortune is about to change. VC will dominate this game from whistle to whistle. Athens has no one that can stop BOTH Guthrie or Prater. They will abuse your post players like Larry Dallas abuses his neighborhood children. Not to mention what Grillo and Allen will do to your guards. The VC starters will be sitting by the end of the 3rd hitting on the Bulldog players girls, and enjoying a Coke.
Bottom line VC knows what it takes to win. Athens doesnt know what winning is.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Larry; You are truly stupid, and I hate to call anyone stupid, but I'm not 100% sure if Dyl played at Athens last year again your "little" team, but I can guarantee that his big brother Dustin did, he is the one that shoved the ball down your throats. Don't think for one moment that Dyl size is a hindrance, he is much faster and has a soft touch with the shot and please, please for your sake don't make him made.!! Just shut your mouth about him and go back to the corner and do what I know you do so very well all by yourself!

Now, for those who have read my other posts I am sorry I do not usually get so upset, but to judge someone before you know them just p's me off !! He is just a kid and one that after he reads this post will make you really sorry!!!

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Upperdeck: You said exactly what I wanted to say only much better and with alot less anger...thanks

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

UpperDecker wrote:Bulldog fans you are cracking me up!!!! Why would you possiblly think you stand a chance in this game. Who have you beat this year? Jackson.... they will be lucky to win a game, Gallia.... They are down this year and will finish at or near the bottom of their conference with Jackson and Meigs a consistant TVC Ohio bottom dweller. If you think this makes you a TVC front runner you will have a long evening come Fri. night. Congrats on starting out 3-0 your fortune is about to change. VC will dominate this game from whistle to whistle. Athens has no one that can stop BOTH Guthrie or Prater. They will abuse your post players like Larry Dallas abuses his neighborhood children. Not to mention what Grillo and Allen will do to your guards. The VC starters will be sitting by the end of the 3rd hitting on the Bulldog players girls, and enjoying a Coke.
Bottom line VC knows what it takes to win. Athens doesnt know what winning is.

That is probably the dumbest post of all time.

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Post by UpperDecker »

RAIDER6309 wrote:That is probably the dumbest post of all time.

Just because you dont like the truth, doesnt make it dumb. We will see how dumb it is come Fri night.

RAIDER6309 wrote:Saw VC play at the convo and say athens wins by 10.

Did you take your meds today? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff Spicoli
Waterboy

Post by Jeff Spicoli »

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! Whose got Meds? I just Woke UP and ah, ah, ah, Went back To work and Hand to delivr a Pie to The bowling Alley and Dey said Red put Up 22 on THe Rockets man! I said Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude I'm am like confused Man! Red thompson had a gnarly 22 against the Rockets man? Dey said no Hoser, guthrie man! I was like Whoooooooooooooooa! and then I'm partying with red Thompson AND HE sAID "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, I could put 22 on the Bulldogs! That is what Is really Heavy here, Whatta a rush man! Gotta nother delivry

Rumpus
Waterboy

Post by Rumpus »

Hey Jeff, my old man is a television repair man, he’s got this ultimate set of tools, i can fix it!!!!!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Rumpus wrote:Hey Jeff, my old man is a television repair man, he’s got this ultimate set of tools, i can fix it!!!!!

I think he said a gnarly set of tools, but i like the quote.

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Vinton County-68
Athens-49

Athens opponents thus far have been very weak. Reality Check time for the Bulldogs.

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Post by UpperDecker »

Larry Dallas wrote:The football stud you mentioned could not get it done against the Bulldogs last fall. I remember everyone was predicting a Viking domination that never happened. It won't happen this Friday either.

I'm sorry to everyone I offended. I'm new to this forum so I didn't know the rules. I meant no harm by stating the obvious. Next time I refer to this kid I'll label him the rotund redhead.

This is not the way an Athens assistant coach should be acting is it? You are one of the assistants right? Why dont you let Dyl know how you feel after Fridays game when you shake his hand and try and figure out why you lost by 20+. Everyone on here knows that will never happen because you, like so many others on this site, choose to take jabs at kids, and hide behind their avatar. Thats called chatroom courage. I bet you or anyone associated with you ever imagined the word courage would be used to discribe your character.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Well I'm a Bulldog fan and a TVC fan but I'd have to say even though the Vikings are down a little from past
years this will be the Bulldogs biggest challenge to date. I can't believe you said fat kid. I'll tell you one thing, if
you leave him open he'll bust the three's on you all night. I think Athens will have a hard time dealing with Prater.
Last edited by athens78 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”