Freshman Team

South Point VS Vinton County 12-13 @ The Convo

Post by ball hound »

What's everyone think?

Championship
JV Team

Re: South Point VS Vinton County 12-13 @ The Convo

Post by Championship »

i think the key will be south points leadership ... kratzenberg in particular hes the only south point player who has played any meaningful time at the convo in a big game ... he played a lot of the 4th quarter and ot as a sophomore against oak hill 2 years back ... he has to step up and lead this team as he has their past 2 games ... but as a team they played decent against valley in the opener and from the sounds of it pretty well at river valley which is a very tough place to play.

i dont know hardly anything about vinton county so this is a random guess
south point 72
vinton county 65

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

i think the tip-off time might play a factor in this game. 9:00 is very late for the start

i know nothing about vinton county but they beat logan 45-44 but idk how good logan is

south point has alot of talent and some good size down low with prater and taylor and lynd and kratz are outstanding players.

dont know enough to make a prediction but hopefully the pointers will come away with a victory

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

This will be a good game for each team. All I know about SP is that they went undefeated last year in the regular season and that they lost their top player to a transfer. VC is a well balanced team with a good tandem of post and guard play. They return 2 starters from last years district championship team in Prater and Grillo, and also return Dyl Guthrie and ethan Allen, both of whom have had a good start to this years 2-0 season. Just looking at competition up to this point Ill go with VC by 8. Good Luck to both teams.
GO VIKES!!!

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

sp lost 4 starters

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

south point lost all 5 starters from last years team
hughes-pg sr
mayo-sg so(transferred to memphis)
woody-sf sr
weed-g/f sr
taylor-c sr

kratzenberg came off the bench usually in the 1st quarter of every game for hughes so it seemed like he started but that was teh starting 5 for all 21 games i believe ... i was in attendence for all of those so im about 90% positive on that

how big is the guthrie kid for vc? ive been hearing quite a bit about him

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Dyl Guthrie is 6'4' or so but plays much bigger because he scales out at around 280ish. But he can also hurt you from outside because he has a very nice touch from behind the arch. He has scored 24 points and 11 points in his 1st 2 games as a varsity starter.

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

Since it isn't at VC, I say South Point will win. Sorry, Vikings, but it looks like you'll only have 5 players on the floor at a time Saturday, instead of the 8 you usually play at home.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Vinton county and south point have played earlier this year in summer ball at marshall and if i do recall right vinton county basically controlled the game untill the end of the game and some of their key players didnt play due to illness south point won on a last second throw down court and made a lay-up... both tams didnt play to their full potential due the many games they had before they had played each other... should be a great game if both teams are healthy...

VC-59
SP-50

GOOD LUCK TO BITH TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

HaterAid wrote:Vinton county and south point have played earlier this year in summer ball at marshall and if i do recall right vinton county basically controlled the game untill the end of the game

Probably because when they play at home they never have to worry about controlling things at the end of a game. The refs usually take care of that for them. Look at what happened to Vinton County the last time they played at the Convo.

Shooter McGavin
Waterboy

Post by Shooter McGavin »

I'm assuming your screen name is "The Razor" because you were cut from the athletic teams you tried out for.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Looking forward to game time. Does anyone know if game will be broadcast on radio? Cannot make it to game Saturday nite. Just joined site, having visited for two years with great enjoyment.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

so what team do you cheer for razor... you never talk about them are they not very good are you afraid to post about a metioker team????????????? :122246 :?: :122246 :?:

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

Space Cowboy wrote:Looking forward to game time. Does anyone know if game will be broadcast on radio? Cannot make it to game Saturday nite. Just joined site, having visited for two years with great enjoyment.

98.7 out of chillicothe normally will broadcast VC games

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Vinton County 56 South Point 49 Only reason is VC has 3 starters to see a fair amount of floor time at the convo. People might think that dont make a difference,but that can be intimidating 1st time for a 16/17 year old kid.

Shooter McGavin
Waterboy

Post by Shooter McGavin »

Should be a great game. I'll stick with my Vikings.

Vikings 53
Pointers 41

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

I agree with space cowboy's post about the intimidation factor at the convo ... if south points kids can overcome that I think they have a pretty good chance in this game ... early I said that Kratzenberg was the only one who has saw valuable time at the convo but i forgot that Taylor also played 2 games there last year for Ironton so he will be another that has to step forward in the early going for south point. you guys are right though I think this could be a really entertaining night cap.

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Post by UpperDecker »

I see VC winning this one with ease. Look for Guthrie and Prater to put up big numbers again.
VC 67
SP 48

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

look for Guthrie and Prater BOTH to have big numbers in points and boards

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

GO VIKES