SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg @ West 12/12

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I haven't heard anything about it yet.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Jottings wrote:Burg grad...Have they set a makeup game with Chesapeake?

Saturday January 31st. JV game will start at 6:00.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

really hope the seniors just play the game instead of everything else if they do west could really suprise alot of teams.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

also if the game is played will this be broadcasted over the net. since some have to work late tomorrow

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

THE'GENERAL' wrote:really hope the seniors just play the game instead of everything else if they do west could really suprise alot of teams.

Agree 100% with that statement. If you catch West on a night when they are hitting shots, lookout! because they can run with anyone. This team is very athletic, if they just play the game they could upstet some solid ball clubs.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Hope the Boys come out tonight shooting the ball over and commit less turnovers. If West does come out and shoot the ball well tonight you Pirates better watch out!

Go SiderS :!:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

score yet ?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Did West and Wheelersburg play tonight?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

burg was up,64, to 44 on my way home from the the east game, late in the 4th

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Wheelersburg won 74-55.

They led by as many as 30 in the third quarter (59-29).

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

with the style of basketball west is playing they will only beat bad teams. bricker is their only hope for scoring. burgs discipline made them look silly. west coach made no adjustments. continued pressure did nothing but give burg easy layups.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Burg 74
West 55

Sloppy game on both sides. Burg played well in the first half but in the second half they made some unforced turnovers. Burg plays some very good defense. Then #32 on the high post with the ability to take it to the hole will hurt some teams just like they did West tonight. Very Good guard play from the Pirates also.

For the Siders, still need a point guard to step it up and be able to play most of the game without turning the ball over so much. West also took way to many shots that were not needed. If West would have took it to the hole more the game could have been closer, I'm not saying that they would have won, but it would of been closer. Bricker had another pretty good game tonight.

Good Game Pirates and Good Luck on the rest of the year.
Go West! Lets go to Waverly tuesday night and play a hard, less unforced turnover game.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

Burg looked pretty good last night. A well coached team team and young. West played hard but was not well coached. Several of the boys from West also were calling a freshman player from the Burg the "N" word. I could not believe it. I hope none of these young men go play college ball.... they might be uncomfortable to say the least.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

First let me apologize for bringing this old game up but, I’m just getting around to watching it on our local demand. I am new to watching basketball in this area thanks to Time Warner on demand and going into this one the little I knew was from reading about these teams in the past and watching West play in another game from this season.

I was impressed with how well this young Pirate team played and really impressed with the way they rebounded the ball. The big 6-5 kid, or young man looked very good at times.

Alfie Bricker is a stud on the court and on the football field. Does anyone know which teams are recruiting him and what sports they are recruiting him for?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

He has been recruited for baseball since his sophmore year, he is one of the best pitchers (maybe the best pitcher) in this area, he hasn't had much run support the past few years and it has hurt him a little. He has had a some schools show interest in football as well. I'm not sure about basketball I would say he will have some interest after the season.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

west should dominate the JV game, not sure if you heard or not,but Burg doesnt have one, their JV team is ALL on the Varsity squad :lol: :mrgreen:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

sportsfan43 wrote:west should dominate the JV game, not sure if you heard or not,but Burg doesnt have one, their JV team is ALL on the Varsity squad :lol: :mrgreen:
During the broadcast of the game they said the Burg won the JV game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”