Federal Hocking @ Southern 12/12

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Federal Hocking @ Southern 12/12

Post by Steely Dan »

31-23, end of the third. Three controversial foul calls in a row against the Lancers, as they tried to rally, including the 4th on Thompson that was called a charge. Even the announcers said that these three calls were questionable.

Hopefully, the Lancers can overcome the calls and start hitting some shots.

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

come on lancers wake up and want it!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

47-32, Tornadoes win. Nice game for the does, and the Lancers just let some opportunities get away. Game was seven points with about 1:30 left, and FH started launching NBA three pointers, and fouling the does, who converted.

Should be a very close game up in beautiful downtown Sturt..........

Kudos to Justin Stanley, don't know how many rebounds, and blocked shots he had, but from the sounds of it, a bunch in both categories........

Oh, and not as an afterthought, because it isn't, but my hat is off to the guys from the Frog. Another great job of covering our kids. Appreciate all you do. Keep up the good work.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Started to post the score, and saw it was already. That guy from FH is good.
the FROG does another good broadcast. I listened to better than a half before I could get there.

And on a high note, the continual loosing to FH in basketball is OVER!!!!

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

great win for the tornadoes....i thought there was questionable calls both ways but southern just fought throgh it...great game

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

dish it wrote:come on lancers wake up and want it!!!

I don't think FH's didn't want it, they looked pretty good to me at times.

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Congrats to the Tornadoes on the win. I do agree there were some questionable calls. I dont think it affected the outcome of the game too much though it would have been a little closer. Good luck to Fed Hock the rest of the season. They kept this game close up till the end. Can't wait for the next rematch, should be a very exciting game. This game should show both teams are playin better this year than people are giving them credit for. Once again good luck to ya guys.

Can someone tell me when the rematch in Stewart is? Hopefully I won't have to work.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

That would be Friday, February 6th, in beautiful downtown Sturt. Look forward to this game, it should be a dandy!!!!!

We will see if the does win streak ends at one, or continues for at least one full season....... ;-) ;-) ;-)
Last edited by Steely Dan on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

Great win for the tornadoes...yeah there were questionable calls but when is there not in highschool basketball? Saw some fans get out of hand it was crazy! Both teams look good at times but southern gave in alittle in the 2nd half it shoul dhave been worse!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Yes, I heard some voices on the radio going berserk, and I recognized them. That occurred during that stretch that I mentioned earlier, with the three in a row calls that were very questionable.

This is the kind of stuff that continues to perpetuate the perception outside of the TVC that you get homered in every league game when you are on the road :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll:

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Darn, I usually work on Fridays. I'll have to figure something out. After both teams get some more games under their belts it should be one heck of a game.

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Steely Dan wrote:Yes, I heard some voices on the radio going berserk, and I recognized them. That occurred during that stretch that I mentioned earlier, with the three in a row calls that were very questionable.

This is the kind of stuff that continues to perpetuate the perception outside of the TVC that you get homered in every league game when you are on the road :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Even if we had NBA refs at all the TVC league games people outside the league would probably still be saying that. Supposedly were the worse league in the state too lol :roll:

Michelangelo
Waterboy

Post by Michelangelo »

Southern gets another nice win. One thing people aren't talking about is Southern is winning these games with what people thought coming into the season was there best player in Weston Roberts hasn't started off well. When Roberts finds his shot who knows what this team can do. It definatley was an ugly win, but I loved the intinsity of the game and how Southern battled through the tough calls, unlike Fed who fell apart in the end.

Good job Southern!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Congrats to Coach Caldwell and the Tornadoes and good luck the rest of the season hope you grab yourselves a TVC championship.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

If I had to crown a three game MVP it would go to Sean Coppic for the Tornadoes! He has shown a ton of hussle and I love to see him work down in the post. And most of all, I am glad to see his hard work in the post be rewarded by some nice entry passes from the gaurds.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

[quote="racinerebel Even if we had NBA refs at all the TVC league games people outside the league would probably still be saying that. Supposedly were the worse league in the state too lol :roll:[/color][/quote]

Well, I guess we ought to count our blessings that we don't have NBA refs, as they are the notoriously the worst, and most biased, group of "officials" known to mankind..........

As for the worst in the state, from a league standpoint, that's nothing more than a bunch of supposition from an ignoramous......that has nothing to back up their negative "opinion".

If the TVC is the worst league in the state, I'd like one of these geniuses to provide the empirical evidence to back up their claim. I'm pretty sure that I won't hear a word from any of them.....

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

well said there steely

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Maximus -

Hey buddy, watch out for the "SOAP POISONING".........LOL!!!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

what is fh record now?
southern?

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Tough game, tough crowd for the Lancers. I've got a stiff neck this am from looking right to the Tornado foul line. But, you've gotta play through that stuff when you're on the road. Without a TVC Commissioner this junk is NEVER gonna get cleaned up!!

They've got to learn to hang in there for 32 minutes. Sitting in ear-shot of the bench last night I was more than impressed from the leadership the Lancers are getting from Coach E off that bench. Lancers HAVE to start playing fundamental basketball. Scat ball and non-agressive play are going to kill them if they don't toughen' up!!

Hang in their Lancers, You've been in all 3 games, you just need to keep working. The varsity experience will come!!!

On a positive note the JV Lancers pulled out a nice victory last night. Good hustle, good fight and agrresiveness from these young kids!!! Coach Thompson got a stronger line up in the game together in that 2nd half which put some experience on the floor and pushed these kids over the top!! Keep it coming JV, you're starting to play with confidence and fight!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”