Can Trimble run the Table?

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Re: Can Trimble run the Table?

Post by trimblebookworm »

Steely Dan wrote:OK, and now I'll take my back and echo GW..........How many in a row?????????

OKEEE DOKEEEE.............

That's what I thought, too!

how could any of us ever forget you know everything

mkhhg20
Waterboy

Post by mkhhg20 »

No. Will get beat by Vinton, Waterford twice, Morgan, and Crooksville. I would say they will get a #3 seed in the sectional, when that time comes.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Catalyst,
In answer to your question. I was at the game and it was obvious that the chemistry was not exactly pristine for Trimble. Several times a particular player was wide open and could not get the ball. Our team will get better your chemistry will not and we will beat you in Feb.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Don't forget to add 2 more losses in the hands of Alexander.

mkhhg20 wrote:No. Will get beat by Vinton, Waterford twice, Morgan, and Crooksville. I would say they will get a #3 seed in the sectional, when that time comes.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

King of Kings wrote:Catalyst,
In answer to your question. I was at the game and it was obvious that the chemistry was not exactly pristine for Trimble. Several times a particular player was wide open and could not get the ball. Our team will get better your chemistry will not and we will beat you in Feb.

Please explain "could not get the ball" (if you don't mind telling me..I understand if not)..... Your team will get better. Trimble's chemistry as you put it, can get better too. I guess I am struggling to see your point...Trimble controlled the tempo and intensity the majority of the game. Is that not some chemistry? Though they have many of the same players as last year, Joseph Dunlap is new to this mix (he didn't play last year) and adding young Guthrie at the post is different than the chemistry of last year's team. In your opinion, how do you improve on team chemistry?

GO CATS! :aaaaa26

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

The best i see the Tomcats finishing the regular season is 18-2(given they pull of a miracle season and beat teams they shouldn't). Alexander will beat Trimble into the ground.

My realistic prediction based on the schedule....13-7

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

thanks for joining and sharing all your wisdome with us gloamy

Inked Parrothead
Riding the Bench

Post by Inked Parrothead »

Southern will beat them

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

If Trimble wins 10 games I will be shocked. :shock:

ChuckyTaylor
Waterboy

Post by ChuckyTaylor »

Steegal wrote:If Trimble wins 10 games I will be shocked. :shock:

The 82 team from Racine would beat these bums by 40 points.

bucksbacker
Waterboy

Post by bucksbacker »

koondogger you have officially gone off the rocker.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

ChuckyTaylor wrote:

The 82 team from Racine would beat these bums by 40 points.

you are an idiot!!

This is the reason all of the people here on preps gives Southern people a hard time anytime the 82 team is mentioned! And for the record this idiot is not from Southern and no one should give this comment the time of day.

Just My thoughts Guys

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

Prepare to be shocked!

""The 82 team from Racine would beat these bums by 40 points.""

What happened 26 years ago doesn't matter today.
Like living in the past glory?

What is Southern's record the past 5 years? Really

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

hey bballnut...I posted that this guys isnt even from Southern so just pay no attention to him.

Southern had a good season last year, and I would like to see them build on that. Yes there was quite a few down years at Southern and anyone will admit that, I know that Southern has had some good teams since then but I think prior to 2008 the last descent year would have been 2003.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Listen, I love the Cat's, ... Have lot's of good friends their, even have one coaching up their, not varsity though.

BUT ... No way in hell does the 'Cats run the table, No way! I was at the F.H game and they looked really good, I was glad for em that they look to be getting back at the top where they belong ... But you have a stretch coming up that is brutal ...

First you have to get by Huntington Ross, and believe me, they play good hoops in Ross County.

Then you travel to Nelsonville-York, who after beating F.H. just as the "cats did, will not be a 'gimme'.

Then you go home to face a very, very tough Southern team, maybe your biggest threat outside of Waterford for the title.

If that wasn't enough, and you manage to make it though the first part and most likely the team will be a little bit fatigued playing 3 games in seven days ... You head down the road to Morgan who is no slouch, especially in their Gym!

So, you managed to get by Huntington, your rival in N-Y, Southern AND Morgan, you get to stay on the road and head to the ALLEY to face the SPARTANS, who will probably be 5-1 when you face them ... Their fast, they have size and they can bomb the three, AND your playing them in possibly the worst place to win a game in Southeastern Ohio ... The student section will right on top of your players, and if you're undefeated, god help ya cause that place will be elbow to elbow packed!

BUT ... Your stretch is not over yet, you then have to play the defending TVC-Ohio champ of the past what, 100 years or so, the Vinton County Vikings, who are 2-0 and just beat Logan.

your seven game stretch ends with maybe the TVC-Hocking favorite, Waterford and guess what, you have to hit the road again and play @ Waterford, Arrgghhhh!

But look at this way, you get your rival again (N-Y) in the 8th game, and you gettem at home ... lol

(Still in the season, you have Alexander again, Southern again, Waterford again and the Lancers might be a little better by the 20th game and their probably not thrilled about ending their streak.)

With that brutal schedule, the 'Cats better worry about reaching 15 wins and securing a top 4 seed in the sectional!

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Southerns 2003
Maximus wrote:
Southern had a good season last year, and I would like to see them build on that. Yes there was quite a few down years at Southern and anyone will admit that, I know that Southern has had some good teams since then but I think prior to 2008 the last descent year would have been 2003.

That 2003 team had some straight ballers. Connolly/Hill/Randolph were all legit ball players. They finished tied for 2nd in the league with Eastern.

Return to “Boys Basketball”