trimble @ fed hock 12-5

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: trimble @ fed hock 12-5

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Tomcats looked very good last night ...I HAD THE CHANCE TO sit behind the benches, between both coaches at the table on the stage and I must say, both coaches for Fed Hock and Trimble are very good coaches and nice gentlemen off the courth as well. I could hear their speeches during timeouts and their players seemed to be really responding to what they were trying to say and have them do.

Last nights 67-59 victory was a matter in which Trimble actually had the 'veteran' team this time around, unlike the past two years. It's like the two teams are rotating years in which their up-and-down. Fed Hocking stays on top 2 or 3 years, then Trimble, etc.etc... lol

Fed Hock had a 2-point lead heading into halftime, BUT, the 'Cats 6'6 big man, Guthrie, was on the bench the entire second quarter! That was huge. The Lancers big man, 6-foot-4 Justn Stanley had his best quarter with Guthrie on the bench ... Stanley poured in 9 points in the 2nd and it opened up the outside shooting as well as 2 other players drained 2 threes. Trimble got outscored 17-14 in the second but like I said, Guthrie had a big part in that, his 2 fouls early were crucial.

Once the 'Cats came out of the locker room with Guthrie manning the middle, they absolutly blitzed the Lancers. They outscored FH 20-5 in the pivitol third quarter. It was like you blinked an eye and all of sudden Trimble had 51-38 lead going into the 4th quarter. Key Stat - Guthrie notched six points in the third and Stanley (who had 9 alone in the 2nd) was held scorelss by Guthrie and the 'Cats 2-3 zone defense.

Their defense, Noah Guthrie, and some nice production from Adam MUlford was the reasons Trimble ended Federal Hocking's 2 year streak of wins with no losses the TVC-Hocking.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Coach E there are 19+ games left. Not many returning athletes with playing time from last season. People can brag and boast about seasons past but you can only work with the hand dealt to you. I am sure by seasons end fed hock will be one of the most improved teams from beginning till end.

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

This old Silver Fox has been around FH basketball for a long, long time. Seen coaches come and go. Although they did a super job and gave lots of hours, parent coaches are not always good for the long haul of building a program. PLEASE, no negative feelings intended toward anyone.

Coach E is the best thing that has happened to FH basketball in a long time. Hope he stays around to build a program!

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

I will give props to the Tomcats they deserved to win the game the other night. Blue_Steel I like you think the Lancers will only get better each and every game. A very interesting note. We play Trimble, I think it is the last game of the year FEB 20th. We will see if we get better. I think we will. GO LANCERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

how bout them tomcats!

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

One win does not crown you champions. At least not when it is the first game of the season.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

a win is a win. Koondogger hasn't had many the last few years. If trimble wins 15 games koondogger might save his job.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

Is Koons on the hot seat?

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

Steegal:

Does not crown CATS champions...but it does give bragg'n rights eh?

whompascat:
People in TRIMBLE do care about basketball....not all the boys on the team play football....BUT I do love TRIMBLE football!~ :razz:

Roll on CATS... :aaaaa26

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

alot more people in g'town care more about football than bball.
basketball is just something to do until football starts all the kids in the school know this.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

whompascat wrote:alot more people in g'town care more about football than bball.
basketball is just something to do until football starts all the kids in the school know this.

G-town is a football town for sure and I love that! But I disagree that basketball is just something to do until football. I am sure Joey Reitano, Noah Guthrie, Kevin Boudinot, Joseph Dunlap, Devon Earich, Zack Brooks to name a few..... would highly disagree.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

noah plays football

ikad
Waterboy

Post by ikad »

whompascat wrote:noah plays football

Technically...

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

Oh yea that is right.... Noah does...How could you miss him? but anyway...you get my point. I love TOMCAT Football...but many people from Trimble get up for bball too.. ;-)

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

watched this game on channel 15 and it has to be the best boys round ball game I've seen in awhile.. it was a great ballgame both teams played like they were there to win a game.. sometimes you don't see that in games anymore they tend to look like they give up when they are getting beat! Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!

Ace Rutter
Riding the Bench

Post by Ace Rutter »

I tried to tell you that old sly Koondogger would have some tricks up under his straw hat. That old trickster might not always tell whats true, but he sure does have some nice huntin dogs. Some of em do eat their own poop, but I don't mind that cause it keeps old Ace from steppin in it when he stumbles in from Ali's. I say Go Koondogger keep beatin them teams and tellin em lies. :aaaaa8

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

What, Koondogger lies? NO WAY! :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”