12-6 Westfall vs West Union

mrhoops2u
Waterboy

Re: 12-6 Westfall vs West Union

Post by mrhoops2u »

Buckingred and Job 2:10,
Thank you for the advice. I will take it to heart as I do most. I would like to set some things straight though. I think a lot of you guys may be blowing this out of proportion. The only statement that I made was that I thought some of the calls could've went our way. I never said that the refs were horrible, a disgrace, or anything to that matter. I have much respect for refs in and out of the league and I happen to be great friends with most that I know. Secondly, as far as the inexperience, yes I know that I am inexperienced at this level; however, I have developed my own philosphical understanding of the game and I am learning day in and day out by observing and watching basketball of all kinds. I honestly hate forums of this kind (no offense), but I do get on here because there are several West Union fans that are older and live out of state that get on here and try to catch up. That's why I post. It's not to get me a glorified state of mind, it's to try to keep the fans of West Union involved. We (the coaching staff and I) are working extremely hard to figure the West Union puzzle out and to make this the most enjoyable ride possible for me, my coaching staff and more importantly, to the young men who come in day in and day out to give me their time and work extremely hard.

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

I think for once on here people are giving advice. We are all so use to people putting others down, that when people say good things on here, we take it the wrong way. As an outsider, I believe they are trying to help coach Brewer and I think they are saying he is doing a great job at West Union. Tar Heel, no need to get defensive on this thread, for once people are being positive!

job 2:10
Waterboy

Post by job 2:10 »

Kyle I should clarify my statement. I was writing in response to your above statement as well as the one posted after the preview where SHL junkie stated that you were coaching like it was the state finals. To me that is your perogative and you need not explain yourself to anyone. If that is your style, that is great and I would not let anyones' opinion sway you otherwise.
Tar Heel 44-Where in my statement did I say the current coaching staff is the problem? My suggestion, is to consult with some gray hair that has been around the block. (We have one of the best over here in Dave Young.) Your earlier response was jibberish in my opinon. Coach is a big boy, he can defend himself. Relax and enjoy coaching your Jr. High kids.
Once again Coach Brewer the best of luck this season, I will be watching your career intently.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

TAR HEEL FAN44 wrote:What are you trying to say? That the coaching staff is the problem?

Tarheel, you are about to step into the pitfall that folks are warning your coach about. I don't think that is what Job was saying but by asking those two questions you have opened yourself up to responses by those who may have an agenda. Worse, they will be giving those responses from a position of anonymity. No matter what a coach or staff do there are going to be some who don't like what they are doing or think they know better. If someone has an axe to grind and identifies a poster as a coach or assistant they can try to draw you out and engage you in a manner that will put you in a bad position since others are going to know who you are but not who your antagonist is.

job 2:10
Waterboy

Post by job 2:10 »

That is without a doubt the best post I have ever seen on Preps. Very well put boomer.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I was not trying to be negative or start a fight...Just pionting out that we has a coaching staff is trying new things...I am always positive, even on here...I just did not like some of things being said and just trying to get some of it straight...With that said and done, we all can move on. GO DRAGONS!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”