Eastern @ Federal Hocking 12/13

lightsout1
Waterboy

Re: Eastern @ Federal Hocking 12/13

Post by lightsout1 »

Super Trooper wrote:Even though we like britton a million times more than Caldwell?
A simple observation of the program demonstrates that more players from Eastern are playing for Coach Bitton. I find it amusing that these players chose not to play for Caldwell, but elected to play for Britton. Seems like the players let Howdie down...not the opposite. I don't blame the guy for leaving... he's appreciated in Stewart. with all do respect, he is undefeated in the TVC... not everyone can say that. But hey, everyone wants a likeable coach, right?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Not sure you can say the players let howie down. And yea most high school kids want a likable coach

lightsout1
Waterboy

Post by lightsout1 »

Super Trooper wrote:Not sure you can say the players let howie down. And yea most high school kids want a likable coach
Just said it... and most 4th graders want a likeable coach. I'd say FH is happy with their Legendary hire. I'm sure in 25-30 years, Coach Britton will have the same successes that Howie has...

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I think so as well. I think everybody is happy with the change. We just don't like him teaching at eastern while coaching there

lightsout1
Waterboy

Post by lightsout1 »

Super Trooper wrote:I think so as well. I think everybody is happy with the change. We just don't like him teaching at eastern while coaching there
Who is we?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern fans

lightsout1
Waterboy

Post by lightsout1 »

I'll have to ask some of my buddies in Eagle land how they really feel about that... I'd venture to say most Eastern fans don't know half of what happnes in classroom these days anyhow. Pretty sad that it takes a coaching situation to enlighten them. :122246

Power House
Waterboy

Post by Power House »

I think it is wrong that he is teaching at Eastern and coaching at FH. How could you walk into a class room knowing that you left those kids behind? Leaves some touchy feelings there in my book. But what do I know? I am only a fan.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Coach Britton will be fine at Eastern he allows the kids to enjoy themselves during practice ans games. As for success he has won 3 more games then I thought he would and to be honest they looked ten times better than I ever thought they would look against Federal Hocking. If they can find some consistent contribution from Pullins and Parker and others they will sneak up on some teams

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

I've been a supporter of Eastern athletics for 40+ years. Not all 'fans' agree with Super Trooper's statement. He/she should only speak on what is known and not what is assumed.

I have no issue with the comment but the implication is that all 'Eastern fans' are in agreement. I was lumped into the category and no one gets to put me there but me.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Super Trooper wrote:I think so as well. I think everybody is happy with the change. We just don't like him teaching at eastern while coaching there
Wow it didn't take long to forget the volleyball season Eastern had....

If you are so happy that he's gone, why do you keep taking cheap shots at him every chance you get?

Time to move on...

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Steely Dan wrote:I'm going to have to give Rick Edwards a call and give him the phone number for Willie, Dewey, and Shirley Cheatem to do the Fed Hock game down at Reedsville. Those three flourish in crackerbox gyms that are fit for 7th and 8th graders. Their integrity is unquestionable, and have never been intimidated by Howdee........ :shock: :122246 :-D :lol:
Good Luck at finding the High School in Reedsville.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Shazbot wrote:I've been a supporter of Eastern athletics for 40+ years. Not all 'fans' agree with Super Trooper's statement. He/she should only speak on what is known and not what is assumed.

I have no issue with the comment but the implication is that all 'Eastern fans' are in agreement. I was lumped into the category and no one gets to put me there but me.
I'm glad that you spoke up, as I did not feel that what was being said represented the sentiments of all Eastern Eagle fans (and you guys all know I'm not a Eastern fan. Respect your kids and your program, but, I'm a FH fan first and foremost). Thanks for the clarification, and staying above the "CRAP".

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Eagle82 wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:I'm going to have to give Rick Edwards a call and give him the phone number for Willie, Dewey, and Shirley Cheatem to do the Fed Hock game down at Reedsville. Those three flourish in crackerbox gyms that are fit for 7th and 8th graders. Their integrity is unquestionable, and have never been intimidated by Howdee........ :shock: :122246 :-D :lol:
Good Luck at finding the High School in Reedsville.
Oh, that's right, it was a naming convention to keep the constituents of the school district happy. What gyms were/are close to Reedsville? That's right, the old Reedsville Elementary school (long shuttered) and the Portland gym (not even sure if it is still standing). That's right, my bad :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you don't like your school being called "Reedsville Eastern", why don't you start a petition amongst the voters in the district and then call the school board on the carpet?

If you want an accurate name for the school, why don't they call it "Shade River Eastern Meigs High School".

Hmmmmmmmm.........

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Impossible to change because of mailing address, but Shade River Eastern Meigs does sound good.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Kinda what I thought... ;-)

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Why not call it The School that Howdee Built? Or Howdee Caadwell High School? Or even Howdee Eastern? :lol:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Um...Coach Caldwell doesn't have a son. He has 3 daughters.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

And, um, Coach Caldwell's dad wasn't even at the game. He was home with his wife.

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

Thanks SD. I try to be supportive of both teams and coaches from each side. I appreciate good play from an opponent as much as from the Eagles and don't mind showing it. From my observations the better team wins almost every time. I fail to understand why so many posters don't see this. I've yet to see an official pull down a rebound or shoot a free throw yet oftentimes they're used as an excuse for a lost game.
I go to a lot of sporting events, many of which I'm truly no more than a spectator and watch a lot fans. My favorite was a lady at the convo several years ago. She only cheered for her team when they were successful. She never cheered when her team benefited from a miscue from the opposing team. If her team mada a shot she cheered. If the opposing team fouled, missed a free throw, etc. she was silent. I try to be a lot like her as far as support.

Return to “Boys Basketball”