Waterboy

Re: west at new boston who wins

Post by dukefan »

nb 58 42 too hard to beat at their place

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... IF you ask "any" ISJ poster this one should be moved to a neutral court or to Portsmouth West - not played on the Glenwood court at all - too much of a Tiger advantage ... so with THAT LOGIC one would have to take the Red/Gray New Boston boyz to pick up the "W" to move to 3-0 on the season ... besides the New Boston team has moved off of the End Table list onto the TreeHugger Wannabe rankings for the first time in 3 seasons!!! ...

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

At New Boston I will take the Tigers.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Pfloyd, No ISJ poster cares. All we know is that we will never be forced to play in that hell hole they call a gym again. Thanks also for ranking us #17 out of 19 teams in div 4, I think 17 is the same # of boys we have in the our top 3 grades. I understand your attempt to embarrass us but #1 or #19 we remain proud of our Flyers.

dukefan
Waterboy

Post by dukefan »

im not a new boston fan but stjoe has been playin in that gym for yrs so i can u complain never complained last yr when u won there and also u lost by almost 50 this yr its not the gyms fault that ur flyers are really bad and thats the truth

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Dukefan, if the search feature still worked on this site you could search my post from this time last year and you'd see that yeah the flyers won last years meeting and yeah i still thought it was a crappy place to play a game- even when we won!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

pfloyd wrote:... IF you ask "any" ISJ poster this one should be moved to a neutral court or to Portsmouth West - not played on the Glenwood court at all - too much of a Tiger advantage ... so with THAT LOGIC one would have to take the Red/Gray New Boston boyz to pick up the "W" to move to 3-0 on the season ... besides the New Boston team has moved off of the End Table list onto the TreeHugger Wannabe rankings for the first time in 3 seasons!!! ...

pfloyd,
Glad we have finally convinced you ! LOL

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

At least the step is no longer on the court in the corner! I remember playing there before it was removed. Does anyone still have the picture of the step? Different size gyms, different atmostpheres, that's what makes high school basketball! I would take home court advantage at different places over all of the cookie cutter gyms.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... ahhhhh haaaa!!! so the gym is actually LARGER than it used to be!!!! (no step) ... LOL ...

... The Flying Dutchman posted "I understand your attempt to embarrass us but #1 or #19 we remain proud of our Flyers." - sorry to disappoint you BUT THAT is not the way my rankings work or how I WORK ... in order to move up the rankings teams have to get "W's"vs teams above them on the list ... I have more class than to attack a school's gym - through no fault of their own AND they apparently HAVE enlarged it by removing a step from the playing court ... AND you should be proud of the players on the ISJ team as they work hard in practice and on the court during games - with the intent being to out perform their opponents, pick up wins ...

" I understand your attempt to embarrass us but #1 or #19 we remain proud of our Flyers." <= what a classless statement to post - I have never posted on this forum or any other forum with the intent to "embarrass" a school, a team, a coach, a player or group of players ... maybe YOU should take a close look at YOUR posts and decide WHY "YOU" post on this forum ... IF that is to represent ISJ in the best possible light - you might need to walk back some of your posts ...

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

West by 5

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

West and New Boston is usually a pretty good game. Good luck to both teams................Go Tigers!

St Joe..........why can't you guys get past the loss at NB. If I remember right, you lost to Coal Grove at your place 53-38. Was it the gym, CG coach, officials and the music that got you at home or what?

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

ACM, If you would read the entire thread it was Pfloyd who brought ISJ into this thread. ISJ lost to CG because CG was better and simply outworked the Flyers. The gym was fine as were the officials and the only music was piped in :) Pfloyd, I dont see a reason to go beyond the top 10 in your rankings. Noone wants to see their team ranked at the bottom of a poll, sorry you do not understand that.

M_Baldridge08
Waterboy

Post by M_Baldridge08 »

It should be a good game..new boston will come out with the W tho..Keep it up Tigers!..

oh for the st joe fans...we will see how the outcome of the game will be on Feb. 7th..so sick of hearing complaints about the gym..the atmosphere always makes it for a good game

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

I have to Go with West in this One, they need to work on getting better shots, this is a very hard atmosphere to play in, i once played in it and that was a long time ago, Bricker needs to work on driving and kicking out as well as making his lay ups, Bolton and Travis need to work on getting better looks, and Carnes Ad. Bricker, Bailey, Hafer all need to work on Post D, and there down low moves, play hard and get this win, without it, they fall down to 1-3 going into burg, id much rather be 2-2

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Horsley is a hand full and it's hard to beat the tigers at home so I'm going with them by 4.

Moneyball
Waterboy

Post by Moneyball »

New Boston wins this one. If i'm correct west lost to green at green and new boston just came off a victory from there, so new boston by at least 10. Good luck west and new boston!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”