Symmes Valley Basketball

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Symmes Valley Basketball

Post by FanOsports99 »

What in the world is going on out in Symmes Valley?? For such a small school they always seem to get some amazing athletes. What is wrong with the basketball program?? is it coaching...lack of intrest...etc?? just curious

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Re: Symmes Valley Basketball

Post by FanOsports99 »

yes i think the new coach out there ran off many of our athletes

Emil Blonsky
Waterboy

Post by Emil Blonsky »

The team is very young and they will get better with experience, it is hard to replace so many seniors from last yrs team but of course there will be those who want to blame the coach since they really have no clue what is going on. You have a good coach who knows what he is doing but the haters will always hate, give it time and they will be fine, I believe they are unbeaten in league play so they must be doing something right.

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

I dont know who has been run off at SV by the Coach. I think it is called graduation. Fact is our victories with Clay,East and Green were over the weakest of the Soc teams. Eastern, ND and NB will be alittle more difficult.
We have the absolute slowest offense I have ever seen and what is the deal that our guards end up under the basket sitting picks that leave them to do the rebounding while our center and forwards are outside?
South Gallia exposed the truth in that we cannot break a good press. Our guards need to be shooting more, hit or miss, we do have some forwards who can rebound and put the ball back up if they are under the bucket which is where they need to be. Our present offense resembles nothing I have ever seen before. Slow passing, poor picks, no communication, no idea where they should be or what they should be doing. I am not a hater I want the Vikings to win as much as anyone. Is it the coaches fault, I dont know. Is it the players, I dont know. All I know is what I see on the floor. We have two very quick guards, turn them loose, fast breaks are FUN!
Good Luck Vikings.

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

I have seen the Vikings play twice and I saw many football games... Where is the quarterback and the foster boys and the fulford kid why are they not playing?

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

There were different reasons I think but I know a few were told they would get no playing time.
Anyone that has seen Grant play anything knows how hard it is to get a ball from him doesnt matter what
shape. Myers was an excellent shot, Fulford was also an assett , but I guess Coach had his reasons for not
wanting them.
Talking about depth.....you would have it!

VikingPride
Waterboy

Post by VikingPride »

YES, THE COACH RAN OFF MANY BOYS WITH HIS ARROGANCE AND RUDENESS, BUT IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO PLAY BASKETBALL THEY WOULD HAVE PLAYED. YES WE HAVE THE WORST SET UP FOR OFFENSE AS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE PAST 15 YEARS. THESE BOYS ARE NOT EVEN ENJOYING THE GAME OR HAVING ANY FUN FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS.

VikingPride
Waterboy

Post by VikingPride »

YES THIS COACH HAS RUN OFF SOME BOYS WITH HIS ARROGANCE AND RUDENESS, :twisted: BUT IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO PLAY,THEY WOULD HAVE IGNORED HIM. i HAVE WATCHED VIKING BASKETBALL FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER SEEN A GROUP WHO ARE NOT ENJOYING THE GAME OR HAVING ANY FUN ON THE COURT. AS FOR THIS CRAZY OFFENSE,,, I AGREE I HAVE NEVER SEEN A COACH WHO HAS HIS TALL BOYS OUTSIDE THE PERIMETER SHOOTING AND NOT REBOUNDING AT ALL. :122246

THIS GROUP OF BOYS ARE GOOD ATHLETES ALL AROUND AND SHOULD BE DOING SO MUCH BETTER THAN THEY ARE. GET WITH BOYS PLAY Y O U R GAME AND PROVE YOU CAN COME TOGETHER AS A TEAM. :122245

COACH CHANGE THAT CRAZY OFFENSE :!:
Last edited by VikingPride on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sv viking
Waterboy

Post by sv viking »

This is a very young team guys a rebuilding team,thats why the offence is so slow.I believe this is the same offence they have run
for a couple years.We got a couple quick guards who need to seperate their self from the competition they need to finish over the
top,when they get flustered we don't have the bench to help them.Our bigs have carried us so far this year but they need help with
scoring,these guards have got to score the ball,their shooting percentage is not very good and our bench is very weak.And for the
coach he has done a good job for what he has,youngsters.I don't believe there are any starters who didn't play.

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

S.V. Viking you need to check your facts. Young does not equal slow. These boys have played together for the last couple of years running the same offense. They should not be slow in running it. As for the "weak bench", my son comes off that bench. He played less than eight minutes against SG and scored five points, three rebounds, and two turnovers. Others from the "weak bench" also contribute each game, sometimes more than the "starters" As for the guards having "not very good shooting percentages", here are the shooting percentages through the first four games.

4 Games ----- 7 Games

Rowe 47% ----- 55%
Baldwin 37% ----- 35%
Conley 18% ----- 23%
Corn 23% ----- 25%
Pelletier 29% ----- 21%
Wheeler 29% ----- 29%
Miller 42% ----- 40%
Herrell 38% ----- 32%

So our two starting guards are right up there with the "bigs" as you call them. What do you mean when you say the guards need to finish over the top and separate themselves from the competition?
Won't get into the question of coaching, I have to remember this is just a game. It does not matter in the big picture. They need to play team ball, all nine of them, and get the lead out. I agree with Grad that fast breaks are fun and we need alot more of them. "Weak bench" leaves a really bad taste in the mouths of those boys parents. Or at least it does in mine. I would say more but I suspect you are a student.
Good luck Vikings! You "weak bench boys" hang in there! One "Proud Parent"
Last edited by PopCorn on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Wow...things change quick now adays! Didn't you win the league last year? According to X factor's stats, you are tied for first with Eastern this season? I doubt this will improve your team?

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

I will say this again and again....this group of boys together are talented...
They do not lack experience, they do not lack ability...
They are not young, they are not rebuilding.
They are capable of a whole lot more than what we are seeing!
I go to these games, I see the things Viking Grad mentioned.
I see us struggling to score over 40 points....
We are better than this....
When you have the speed we have and you dont capatilize
on it, its frustrating to sit and watch!
Yes we have pulled out wins as far as the conference goes but
havent played the stronger soc teams.
We start back after being off break and go on the road to Eastern.
This will be our first big test.....we have not scrimmaged, had any tournament games or
conditioning.. Just regular ol practice....I hope we are ready

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

PopCorn wrote:S.V. Viking you need to check your facts. Young does not equal slow. These boys have played together for the last couple of years running the same offense. They should not be slow in running it. As for the "weak bench", my son comes off that bench. He played less than eight minutes against SG and scored five points, three rebounds, and two turnovers. Others from the "weak bench" also contribute each game, sometimes more than the "starters" As for the guards having "not very good shooting percentages", here are the shooting percentages through the first four games.

4 Games ----- 7 Games

Rowe 47% ----- 55%
Baldwin 37% ----- 35%
Conley 18% ----- 23%
Corn 23% ----- 25%
Pelletier 29% ----- 21%
Wheeler 29% ----- 29%
Miller 42% ----- 40%
Herrell 38% ----- 32%

So our two starting guards are right up there with the "bigs" as you call them. What do you mean when you say the guards need to finish over the top and separate themselves from the competition?
Won't get into the question of coaching, I have to remember this is just a game. It does not matter in the big picture. They need to play team ball, all nine of them, and get the lead out. I agree with Grad that fast breaks are fun and we need alot more of them. "Weak bench" leaves a really bad taste in the mouths of those boys parents. Or at least it does in mine. I would say more but I suspect you are a student.
Good luck Vikings! You "weak bench boys" hang in there! One "Proud Parent"

Updated to seven games.

sv viking
Waterboy

Post by sv viking »

Previous posters maybe you need to veiw stats on max preps
Rebounding.....guards..37.......forwards and center..147,,,,how do you get perimeter players.
Shooting %....team 36%,which is not very good......only 2 players above.
Scoring......starters..40.8.....bench..7.3..per game.
Don't mean to offend anyone,just stating my opinion,after looking at stats and watching games.
I personally think the coaching staff has done a good job and yes this is a young team 3 juniors and 2 sophmores.
By the way if you are looking for a coaching job it will be posted in the spring.

abc
Waterboy

Post by abc »

i do no for a fact that the coach did some things last year like line the boys up and say ok now you all pick your team for next year thats just one of the many well lets see who is my friend today thats who i want and there is several boys that did not play because of the coach and popcorn you have the right to get up set your son is a very good ball player does not need to be setting the bench i was really shooked to see that but remember you cant show up the wrong person i well say this we dont have that problem on are football team

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

I have never stated I thought my son should start. Just do not like those not starting referred to as a "weak bench" Those weak bench boys might have the game of their lives some night and starters are just as apt to maybe have a bad night. As for the stats I put on there just what was on max preps. Your total you listed did not break down offensive and defensive rebounds. Also, are you in a position to know that Jeremy is not coming back? No one else has that information that I know of. I would like nothing more than to see our boys turn it around and beat Eastern and the rest of the SOC teams and win the league again. I want us to win no matter who is coaching. If it is Jeremy next year, fine. If not then I still want them to win but most of all to enjoy the game while they are in school and able to compete. As for lining the boys up and asking about the future team I have no problem with that. I have no problem with the coach getting very vocal while the boys are on the court. Might get their attention. Would love to see the coach get loud a few times and let them know in no uncertain terms what he wants and expects out of them. Might just see some results. If they can't take it then they can go sit with momma in the stands.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Every small school has up and down years. I think they do have some talented kids. Keep supporting them and they will get better. Good luck to SV.

Return to “Boys Basketball”