Best team in the TVC Ohio?

CAT@MOUSEBBBALL
Waterboy

Re: Best team in the TVC ohio division

Post by CAT@MOUSEBBBALL »

WORM, I would like to shoot hoops with you sometime soon...I heard you have a nice game!!!

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

Snarff Snarff wrote:get off the tremble thing man ! they suck! noone cares about what happends to tremble a terrorist could blow the whole town up and it wouldnt even make the ten o'clock news!....if i were you i'd find a new hobby

Your a FREAK. I suggest You get a new hobby; Definatly shouldn't take up writting though.
Ignorant moron!

The Trimble Guy
Waterboy

Post by The Trimble Guy »

Alexander runs away with the Ohio division this year

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

if meigs plays to their potential and belpre play to their potential then alexander may win the championship but it will be no run away.
but i hope they think so...

gotgame
Freshman Team

Post by gotgame »

The Trimble Guy wrote:Alexander runs away with the Ohio division this year

Did u pay any attention to last season. Alexander and Belpre split both winning at home. Both have most of their scoring back from a year ago. It will come down to these two as well as Vinton Co. Don't count out the Vikings they are 2 time defending champion. I don't see them or Belpre laying down for Alexander.
As good as the Spartans are it will be no cake walk to a TVC Ohio division title

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Vinton is the preseason favorite in my book because they are the defending champs. However, I think the TVC Ohio is wide open. The team that blends it's talent with chemistry will win it.

I would be very surprised to see anyone run the table in the league this year the way Vinton did last year. Its going to be a long, tough season.

gotgame
Freshman Team

Post by gotgame »

Mister B wrote:Vinton is the preseason favorite in my book because they are the defending champs. However, I think the TVC Ohio is wide open. The team that blends it's talent with chemistry will win it.

I would be very surprised to see anyone run the table in the league this year the way Vinton did last year. Its going to be a long, tough season.

Very well said. A marathon not a sprint. Whatever team can consistantly "come to play" will in all likelyhood will win the division. Although there are some very good players in the Ohio this season, Frost, Barrick, Tate, Tolar, Grillo, and Prater(to name a few) none have thus far proved they are anywhere near the likes of a Guthrie. Able to dominate conference play night in and night out. Therefore I predict a lot of unpredictable nights of TVC Ohio Division action this season.

primetime_08
Waterboy

Post by primetime_08 »

what's with all the doubters!.....vc's the top dog till someone beats them...last year people thought we'd win 15 games if that because we lost the two best guards the area..and we went on to win district....look for andy and the boys to step up thier game....trust me on this someone will step up and replace whats gone....coach combs knows how to win and will continue to win...4-straight!!! go vikes!

Dick Trickle
Waterboy

Post by Dick Trickle »

I agree, if they have won it several times in a row. Until they are beaten they should be the favorite. Thier JV team was very strong the last few years were'nt they?

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

primetime_08 wrote:what's with all the doubters!.....vc's the top dog till someone beats them...last year people thought we'd win 15 games if that because we lost the two best guards the area..and we went on to win district....look for andy and the boys to step up thier game....trust me on this someone will step up and replace whats gone....coach combs knows how to win and will continue to win...4-straight!!! go vikes!

Still, I have them as my preseason favorite.

I corrected my post as the info I posted was in error. Sorry about that. My bad.
Last edited by mister b on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Vinton County did win their district last year, you are using figures from two years ago.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I think FrankieG knows what he's talking about...

primetime_08
Waterboy

Post by primetime_08 »

history repeats itself.......i thought the 70's were over but you could never tell with all the shaggy hair cuts on ball players these days...hey frankie did you ever have the shagg?

rivercat
Freshman Team

Post by rivercat »

Really looking forward to seeing what this years Viking team can do. Gone is a dominant big man (Guthrie), two long range shooting threats (Stewart and Eberts) and a shut down defender (Batey). A lot to replace, but Coach Combs has proven he can adjust his style of play to fit the team he has. Grillo, Allen and the players from a 20-0 JV team return so the Vikings should compete for the title. Alexander may be the favorite, but this should be the most competeive race in the last few years. Winning on the road will be important.

gotgame
Freshman Team

Post by gotgame »

rivercat wrote:A lot to replace, but Coach Combs has proven he can adjust his style of play to fit the team he has. Grillo, Allen and the players from a 20-0 JV team return so the Vikings should compete for the title.

I agree Vinton is the favorite until somebody knocks them off but ur analogy that because they went 20-0 as a jv team that translate to another TVC Ohio title, I don't agree with. At Belpre we've had players like Loyland, Tate, Waderker and Watkins(all starters) who never played jv ball. So while that Vinton Co jv team was winning a TVC jv title, these kids were all playing major min at the varsity level. Im sure you could go around the league and find several players that fit this catogory.
Again because of the talent of the coaching staff and all these Vinton Co kids know how to do is win, They are the favorite in 09'

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

VC's gotta a ton of holes to fill. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but they lost a ton of great players and played in a pretty weak conference.

This year will be different and they're be allot more parity in the TVC Ohio. I think you have to consider Alex as the favorite.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

I still think it will be a three-team dogfight at the top between VC, Alex and Belpre. Should make for some good games and competition.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

1.Wellston
2.Alexander
3.Belpre
4.V-C
5.Athens
6.Meigs
7.N-Y
Write it down this is how it goes down this year. :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vinton Co

Alexander, Belpre

Wellston

Dirk Diggler
Waterboy

Post by Dirk Diggler »

VC will be on top coming into the season this year. The only teams I see knocking off VC is either Belpre or Alex. Both teams were good last year with young talent, so they wil be a force to be reckoned with. After Wellston and Meigs last seasons, I really dont see them winning the TVC. Thats just my opinion though. Look for lil Guthrie to make sum noise this year!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”