Freshman Team

Re: The hardest place to win in the TVC

Post by justlookin »

The CONVO!!!!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

CAT@MOUSEBBBALL wrote:I would say nelsonville,not because of the team.The usual officiating team is opie,aunt bea,barney,otis,hootie,tough to get a win against mayberry h.s.

that is so funny I do recall many schools use their own hometown refs... and I am sure many will agree that their hometown schools use refs from the area...
I know Athens and Trimble do for sure...

oh I forgot to add when my kids played round ball they complained about alexanders new gym Wellstons new one...because of the open ends.. I do believe they said...

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

a few years back i would have to say Belpre was the toughest place to get a win...but these past few years, teams havent seem to have a problem coming into the eagles nest and gettin a win. I would have to say Fed Hock and Vinton County are the two toughest places to get a win in the TVC.

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

[quote="CAT@MOUSEBBBALL"]I would say nelsonville,not because of the team.The usual officiating team is opie,aunt bea,barney,otis,hootie,tough to get a win against mayberry h.s.
HAHAHAH i love it!!!

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Prodigy wrote:a few years back i would have to say Belpre was the toughest place to get a win...but these past few years, teams havent seem to have a problem coming into the eagles nest and gettin a win. I would have to say Fed Hock and Vinton County are the two toughest places to get a win in the TVC.

Are you sure about that..... I believe the last 3 years Belpre is 12-3 in TVC Ohio games played at the Eagles Nest. I believe this to be correct not sure though

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

last year and two years ago it hasnt been as tough for teams to get wins at belpre, thats what i am saying. Just ask Warren, Alex, FF and VC...Belpre went 12-10 last year and lost to Marietta, Fort Frye, VC, Warren, and Alex all at home. And correct me if i am wrong, but i believe VC has 6 straight wins over the Eagles. That would give belpre 3 losses at home right there. Plus, the Alexander one last year i believe would be the only other one. Putting them at 11-4 the last 3 years for TVC home games. But last year, outside of the TVC Ohio, the Eagles were, i believe, 0-3 at home with losses to FF, Warren, and Marietta.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I think, at least for Belpre, the hardest place to win in the TVC was Wellston...2 reasons.

1. The old gym, where you played on the stage with the Wellston students directly behind the visitors bench.

2. The long drive to Wellston from Belpre. It seemed like almost every year when Belpre went to Wellston it was on a tuesday night.

For most of the other teams over the past 15 years or so, I would have to say it would be Belpre. Simply because of our conference titles over those years.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Prodigy wrote:last year and two years ago it hasnt been as tough for teams to get wins at belpre, thats what i am saying. Just ask Warren, Alex, FF and VC...Belpre went 12-10 last year and lost to Marietta, Fort Frye, VC, Warren, and Alex all at home. And correct me if i am wrong, but i believe VC has 6 straight wins over the Eagles. That would give belpre 3 losses at home right there. Plus, the Alexander one last year i believe would be the only other one. Putting them at 11-4 the last 3 years for TVC home games. But last year, outside of the TVC Ohio, the Eagles were, i believe, 0-3 at home with losses to FF, Warren, and Marietta.

Belpre beat Alexander at home. That was the first game of the "post Phalzgraf era" That's 12-3 and I'm sure more home wins in TVC play other than Vinton Co, Alexander or FH, I'd have to say it's been a pretty tuff place to get a "W". I'm sure there are a bunch of TVC teams that would love to have that kind of a record over the same time period.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

oh yeah, sorry for the false information, belpre did beat alexander at home.

ikad
Waterboy

Post by ikad »

Eastern;
Most Of the time at least.

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

Post by joe_tornadoe »

CAT@MOUSEBBBALL wrote:I would say nelsonville,not because of the team.The usual officiating team is opie,aunt bea,barney,otis,hootie,tough to get a win against mayberry h.s.

lol hahaha hilarious and awesome. i could just see barney, opie and otis doing the officiating. props to you cat/mouse dude its hard to mix Andy Griffith and SE OH HS sports and make a good joke.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I might add in trimble its opie aunt bea Hooper Knoderer and floyd @ their Mayberry H.S. :122249

buckeyeballer2010
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeballer2010 »

In the past nelsonville york has been down in the past but this year Ben Wagner gynasium is going to be one of the toughest places to play this year...... We are going to have a full house each game with a crazy student section...

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

man this is bringin me back to my days in the 6th man at Belpre...not too many teams came in and got wins then (02-05). Never forget the Vinton game my seinor year when Bethel lit it up the second half and ended up with like 32 and Combs and his assistant were a bit rattled by us :lol: but the Eagles clinched a share of the TVC title that night and we rushed the court.....those were the days haha

primetime_08
Waterboy

Post by primetime_08 »

i'd say belpre...but the past few years the vikes have only one loss at home.....i'd like to see the stats as our home record in tvc play..i bet it shows up pretty good....times change captin jack vc id the class of the league.........
....in the hicking division i'd say waterford though ..last year me an drew and grillo couldn't hit anything that game....hard gym to shoot in...its kind of small too...lot of distractions...oh and the big guy dropped 30+ that game as a result

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

When I played ('03 grad) Belpre and Fed Hock were always the toughest places to play. Not only did Belpre have a great team in 2001 and 2002 (Morrey, Kline, Holbert etc.), but their students were crazy. Fed Hock just doesn't care. They'll say anything to get under your skin.

Return to “Boys Basketball”