d-4 teams in se ohio

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Re: d-4 teams in se ohio

Post by Jeep-ster »

Jesco White wrote:
Jeep-ster wrote:FYI, in 1979 South Webster, Clay & Green entered the SOC. The league was then split into the two divisions. South Webster has always been in the SOC-2.

They where a Div-3 (IN THE STATE) many years ago but these have nothing to do with each other. Other then based on size of school.
I would have sworn there was a stretch in the '80s when South Webster was in the SOC 1 in basketball. I don't know the specific years I'm thinking of, but I thought they were in the SOC 1 for at least part of the Roberts' years if not all of them (at least all of Brett's, but not as confident about Ty's). Of course, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong :122245
Another person also agrees that Webster was in the SOC 1 at some point. So I may be wrong :) I was going of an article "The Histroy of the SOC". I guess this is one of those "Unexplained Mystreies" LOL

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

If I recall correctly, Webster was SOC I until the 1991-92 season when they were moved into SOC II (I don't know the reason for the move). The Jeeps were still a D3 school at that time with comparable enrollments to the rest of the league, but still one of the smallest D3 schools. I think they went D4 around 2002.*

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Jeep-ster wrote:
Jesco White wrote:
Jeep-ster wrote:FYI, in 1979 South Webster, Clay & Green entered the SOC. The league was then split into the two divisions. South Webster has always been in the SOC-2.

They where a Div-3 (IN THE STATE) many years ago but these have nothing to do with each other. Other then based on size of school.
I would have sworn there was a stretch in the '80s when South Webster was in the SOC 1 in basketball. I don't know the specific years I'm thinking of, but I thought they were in the SOC 1 for at least part of the Roberts' years if not all of them (at least all of Brett's, but not as confident about Ty's). Of course, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong :122245
Another person also agrees that Webster was in the SOC 1 at some point. So I may be wrong :) I was going of an article "The Histroy of the SOC". I guess this is one of those "Unexplained Mystreies" LOL
You are correct. Webster was in the SOC1 until '92. They won the SOC1 in 80-81. That was their only league title until the mid 2000's.

Return to “Boys Basketball”