d-4 teams in se ohio

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: d-4 teams in se ohio

Post by Hoggy »

Jesco White wrote:Hoggy,

My brother is Randy Abrams. He started on the '89-'90 team with Kevin Monroe, Shannon Bear, Johnny Wright and Jeremy Cantrell. He was the 6th man the year before in '88-'89 when my cousin Brett Osborne was the Sr leader of that group.

Definitely a lot of great memories!!
Jesco.....I feel like a douche bag for not mentioning Randy. I liked your brother and had some good times playing against that group. The last thing I heard from Randy was when I bumped in to him down in Portsmouth and I believe he was headed to the Navy. You can tell I haven't been home in a long time and I am about to hit my 20 year mark of active duty and retire in the near future.

Please tell him Scott Hattle said hello and that you took me down memory lane...lol. Take care care partner.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Hoggy wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Hoggy,

My brother is Randy Abrams. He started on the '89-'90 team with Kevin Monroe, Shannon Bear, Johnny Wright and Jeremy Cantrell. He was the 6th man the year before in '88-'89 when my cousin Brett Osborne was the Sr leader of that group.

Definitely a lot of great memories!!
Jesco.....I feel like a douche bag for not mentioning Randy. I liked your brother and had some good times playing against that group. The last thing I heard from Randy was when I bumped in to him down in Portsmouth and I believe he was headed to the Navy. You can tell I haven't been home in a long time and I am about to hit my 20 year mark of active duty and retire in the near future.

Please tell him Scott Hattle said hello and that you took me down memory lane...lol. Take care care partner.
I will definitely let him know. We just went back to his old Sciotoville stomping grounds this past Saturday to watch the Tartans play Beallsville in the playoffs. I remember your name, as a matter of fact. I was always the ball-boy for Randy's team's at East (Rick Hopkins still jokes that I was the best ball-boy he ever had in his 20+ year coaching career...although it was definitely my advantage when I was in HS at Valley and knew everything Hopkins was calling when we'd play East lol)

On a side note, thanks for all the years you've put in yourself. If it weren't for folks like you serving this country, none of us would be sitting here BS'ing about the "Good old days" 8)

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Out of my top three Southern is the only unbeaten. Manchester losing to a very good Peebles team and South Webster with two loses, I expected the Portsmouth lose but not the ND lose. I see Eastern Pike, ND and South Gallia are playing good ball. I still think by the end of the season my top three will be there.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...here's a listing of the D4's Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... looks to be 19 in the small school division ...

Division IV :

Valley High School, Lucasville.

Schools: Clay (Portsmouth), Fairfield (Leesburg), Glenwood, Green (Franklin Furnace), Manchester, Notre Dame (Portsmouth), Scioto Community, South Webster, Western, Whiteoak. (10)

Wellston High School, Wellston:

Schools: Eastern (Reedsville), Eastern (Beaver), Miller, St. Joseph Central (Ironton), South Gallia, Southern (Racine), Symmes Valley, Trimble, Waterford. (9)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... after the first 2 weeks of the season ...

... Division 4 Elite 8 ...

1. Manchester (2-1)
2. South Gallia (1-0)
3. Whiteoak (2-1)
4. Southern (2-0)
5. Fairfield Leesburg (2-1)
6. Eastern Pike (1-1)
7. Portsmouth Notre Dame (2-1)
8. South Webster (1-2)

------------------------------

9. Reedsville Eastern (3-0)
10. Waterford (0-1)
11. New Boston/Glenwood (2-0)
12. Portsmouth Clay (1-2)
13. Symmes Valley (1-3)
14. Green (1-1)
15. Western Pike (1-2)
16. Trimble (0-3)
17. Ironton St. Joe (1-2)
18. Portsmouth East (0-3)
19. Miller (0-1)

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Pretty good list PFloyd. I think southern will end up better than S. Gallia but time will tell. Webster will move up as well as in D4. And of course, I will be pulling for Eastern Pike to continue to make some noise along the way.

PFloyd, hope your health is great and you and your family enjoy the holidays!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Eaglesnest ... wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season as well ... I have to go to Riverside Hospital in Columbus for biopsies on my left lung ( found a spot) and the right side of my face in the perotid gland - this will be done Wednesday morning, should know the results by Friday - I'm trying to stay positive , hoping/praying for the best ... I will continue doing what I love to do though until they tell me I can't <= watching/enjoying high school basketball ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is it too early to book Manchester and Whiteoak in the sectional finals.

Shouldn't, but it's a pretty safe bet.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

FYI, in 1979 South Webster, Clay & Green entered the SOC. The league was then split into the two divisions. South Webster has always been in the SOC-2.

They where a Div-3 (IN THE STATE) many years ago but these have nothing to do with each other. Other then based on size of school.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

I got to disagree with Southern at 4 and South Webster at 8. Southern beat South Gallia both times they played last year and South Webster is better than 8.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... even the better teams have to pick up "W's" to move up ... I just took the teams that are D4 off of the ALL school Elite 8 lists, this is where they fell when they were separated out ... just as on the ALL Teams listings "the cream will rise to the top" as the season progresses ... "Last year is not THIS year " comes down to the cliche' of "what have you done for me LATELY?" ...

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

pfloyd wrote:... even the better teams have to pick up "W's" to move up ... I just took the teams that are D4 off of the ALL school Elite 8 lists, this is where they fell when they were separated out ... just as on the ALL Teams listings "the cream will rise to the top" as the season progresses ... "Last year is not THIS year " comes down to the cliche' of "what have you done for me LATELY?" ...

What has South Gallia done for you lately? I guess Tuesday night will tell the story on these two teams. pfloyd I like your polls, hope you don't mind a difference in opinion every now and again. I haven't watched Whiteoak or Fairfield yet so I can't say much about them. I just know they lost a lot from last season but so did Eastern Pike and I was surprised by how well they have played. Norte Dame was a surprise to me when they beat South Webster. I watched Southern and Manchester play over the summer with the good D3 and D2 schools and play well against them. That is what I am basing my picks off of, I may be putting too much into what I watched over the summer but time will tell. pfloyd I enjoy your polls and wish you the best with your health.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Grinder , I have no problem having anyone disagree with what I post - rankings or other posts- I've been on SEOPreps for a long time and the Huddle before the move to SEOPs ... "agreeing to disagree" is the name of the game - I don't profess to know everything there is to know about the 71 teams Below the Line BUT I do get out to see as many of the teams in Southern/Southeast Ohio as I can every year ... I learn from every poster on the site - reading what each has to say about the different teams they have seen ... those who support their disagreement with facts will get my attention while those who don't - not so much ... those who give good arguments with facts - earn my respect and get a read from me ... so feel free to post YOUR opinion Grinder - you have earned my respect on seops - I WILL listen AND "agree to disagree" ...

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

I know alot of D3 teams would love to be in D4 come tourny time !! Good looking list pfloyd..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bballin , the committee of one -me - thanks you ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think Wahama should be added in around the 12th spot ... :mrgreen:

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Southern- 66 South Gallia- 58

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Manchester 59
Ripley 74

Wheelersburg 43
Green 36

Minford 65
Eastern Pike 60

Reedsville Eastern 41
Federal Hocking 43

New Boston 57
Portsmouth West 50

ISJ 60
Portsmouth Clay 58

Portsmouth ND 68
Raceland KY 62

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

After three weeks I would have to put Southern number one. I still think Southern, Manchester and South Webster will be the teams to beat come tournament time. I also look for Eastern Pike and South Gallia to be tough outs. I personally haven't got to watch Whiteoak play but it looks like they are having a fine season as well.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Pfloyd I hope you are going to keep doing your D4 poll, I enjoy reading.

Return to “Boys Basketball”