Federal Hocking 08-09

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Re: Federal Hocking 08-09

Post by popcorn phil »

i agree its way too early to start talking negative about the lancers. The obvious mistake was scheduling a scrimmage after just 2 days of practice when you are introducing an entirely new system. That is really a head scratcher.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

If coach E doesn't win he will be back coaching girls basketball at a small D4 school...

I have never known of him coaching girls b-ball at ad D4 school.

The Rebels will be making the trip up to Fed Hock tomorrow for a scrimmage. Should be a good scrimmage for both teams.

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

who are the Rebels?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

south gallia :mrgreen:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

As long as Fed beats Trimble I will be happy!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia has only one returning varsity kid. the JV team was down from year's past. South Gallia always plays with alot of heart and will speed things up. South Gallia will have 5 freshmen on the varsity court at times. cya Tomorrow!!!

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

it will be good to see some old friends tom. we need to play with intensity or sg will have their way. looks like both jv teams were down last year and we have 1 returning starter and the rest getting more experience but lacking varsity time. pop phil we need court time bad and need to play against physical teams and pressure. thats why we scrimm due to no experience and we need to see what we can do and cant now not later. scrimmage are to learn but lack of hustle and intensity is a must. we lacked that wed and need for the jv players to step up now. good luck to both teams tom and hope there are no injuries.

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

How is the South Gallia JV team? This is a JV and Varsity scrimmage, right???

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Hey when you have 1 starter back off a 6-14 a year ago! Tell me if i'm wrong? And some with very few Varsity minutes! Tell me if i'm wrong ? IMO This is a rebuilding year !!! And scheduling a scrimmage with 2 days of practice!!! New Coach, is a good thing and that way you can see what players that picked up a BBall 24-7? or just trying to be one> 2 years away thats my guess .!!! Hard work will pay off !!!I always said BBall players are made in the summer and play in the winter!Good LUCK!!!
Last edited by BBallin fool on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

No offense but I've read your post 3 times and I still can't understand it... :122248

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Good Luck :|
Last edited by BBallin fool on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

G W McLintock wrote:No offense but I've read your post 3 times and I still can't understand it... :122248

I mean I can''t understand your post! What are you trying to say? If you wish to enlighten us, at least state your opinion in such a way that we can determine the point you are trying to make.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

first time i ever heard of someone practicing two days and then scrimaging on the 3 day of practice..... might as well call it an open gym if you ask me. would think at this point spending the time in pracitce would benefit players more

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

BBallin fool wrote:Hey when you have 1 starter back off a 6-14 a year ago! Tell me if i'm wrong? And some with very few Varsity minutes! Tell me if i'm wrong ? IMO This is a rebuilding year !!! And scheduling a scrimmage with 2 days of practice!!! New Coach, is a good thing and that way you can see what players that picked up a BBall 24-7? or just trying to be one> 2 years away thats my guess .!!! Hard work will pay off !!!I always said BBall players are made in the summer and play in the winter!Good LUCK!!!

that descripton doesnt sound like fh or sg to me. sg doensnt have new coach so it cant be them.... fh won 17-18 games last year and have more experence back than what you let on.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

True, playing the 3rd day is tough but what better way for a new coach to evaluate his talent at "game" speed? I think it's a good move and will really emphasize what you need work on immediately. I don't think I can fault a coach for that...

swish
Waterboy

Post by swish »

MAN IT'S JUST A SCRIMMAGE, THE QUICKER YOU START PLAYING OTHER TOUGHER TEAMS THE BETTER YOU'LL BE. SCRIMMAGES ARE TO EVALUATE PLAYERS STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES AND IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE BOY'S PLAY AGAINST ANYBODY WHAT BETTER WAY TO FIND OUT WHAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON IN PRACTICE. IMO

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

at this point i would think anyone would know what you need to work on. drill the fundamentals both o and d, team o, team d.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

the best way to get better is scrimmages!!! get all the play time you can get before you open!!! Athens next right? they will have a good ball club.

swish
Waterboy

Post by swish »

Hey assassin, maybe with all your knowledge you could help coach "E" out. You never have anything positive to say. Maybe it's personal or your a Genius? Maybe a lil jealousy involved. I think close to fifteen years experience tops your keyboard knowledge and hiding behind your call name.

?whoknows?
Waterboy

Post by ?whoknows? »

what was the big dudes name from belpre last year

Return to “Boys Basketball”