Rex
Campbell
Torrence
Sharp
Williams
Clark
McCune
Hedges

These are just some that I could think of. I'm sure there is more.
You can get some great min. from all of these kids.

Catch One
Freshman Team

Re: FEDERAL HOCKING BASKETBALL 08-09

Post by Catch One »

Who dose the Lancers open with? I here there first 7 games are good one's..............

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

the lancers open with the trimble tomcats??? if so i see the tomcats with 20+ point win to start the season

FridayNites
Waterboy

Post by FridayNites »

Any word about the new coach, from any of the kids at open gyms?

fedhocker
Riding the Bench

Post by fedhocker »

trimblebookworm wrote:the lancers open with the trimble tomcats??? if so i see the tomcats with 20+ point win to start the season

bookworm needs to get his head out of the books and start watching some basketball if he thinks trimble beats fed by 20.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

The lancers dont have near the guns that the tomcats do..Fed Hock doesnt stand a chance

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

The Cats wont Take home a 20 point victory, but I do believe the tomcats will upset the lancers.

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

trimblebookworm wrote:The lancers dont have near the guns that the tomcats do..Fed Hock doesnt stand a chance

I think Fed may have 1 or 4 guns that may be able and try to shoot with them from the out side. Will See,,,,,,,,,,,

But they are young. 1 Sr. 3 Jrs. with no varsity experience, so the Pressure might get to them. But I don't think so.

I will have to go with FH. on this one. I have watched all these kids play for a long time.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Hopefully they have officials for the basketball games. I just read on the football page that the A.D. quit and
walked out. All the good officials are normally getting booked now which means they will have to pick up what's left over. Of course most people say the officials aren't any good there any how. :lol: :lol: :lol:

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I would think that with the loss of 4 starters and a new coach, FH is probably just hoping to compete this year. Maybe with a little luck we can sneak out a win against these powerhouses of the TVC Hocking.

Quad Citiy Cats-(Trimble/Jacksonville/Glouster/Hollister)- loaded again, how does Coach Koons keep doing it?
H2Oford - Cunningham and Strahler will be enough to make waves.
Double E (Eastern Eagles)- young talent and a great coach, the team nobody wants to play and the gym nobody likes to visit
The 'does- lost alot to graduation, time will tell
The High Life- Young Householder will not be enough, maybe the bus ride to Hemlock will

CAT@MOUSEBBBALL
Waterboy

Post by CAT@MOUSEBBBALL »

G W I'm detecting a little sarcasm. Fed Hock will always have a good team.They have alot of good athletes that play hard.There will be no SYMPATHY given to your program...

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Trimble better win this year or there will be people wanting a change. With all the talk about the great talent they have coming back, and the new big kid coming in, they should only require a little coaching to win that first game against Fed Hock. Just a little coaching should win the Hocking for them, and a deep tourny run. So we will see how things go.

FridayNites
Waterboy

Post by FridayNites »

GW, your're so right about losing 4 starters to graduation.
However FH is famous for not getting players into varsity games when the opportunity is there to help get varsity experience for the following year,yet they just reload their cannon and make another run. Last year was no exception. Maybe this a ploy they have to keep teams from knowing what is coming back so they think they have a shot to win next year?

I think the gun barrel is deep, long, loaded and sighted in.

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

I don't think any other team has more fire power than Fed Hock

-Torrence
-Smith
-Thompson
-Sharp

All three point threats

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

I agree with FridayNight - when there has been an opportunity in the past (ahead by 20 or more) younger players haven't been subbed in for quality varsity time. And I'm not referring to whole sale substitution either. I really have high hopes that the new coach will look down the road at building the program. For example - sophomores and probably a couple of the juniors should see significant JV time this year to build their skills for next. Why let them sit with little to no varsity time on the varsity bench? They can still dress varsity and have a couple quarters saved for varsity play if needed. I think with the 2 seniors and the number of quality juniors that Coach E and the lancers have, they will be competitive.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

And so it begins......

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

And it is going to be even more fun this year, with all of the changes and dynamics that are coming into the equation of where the Lancers end at the end of the season.

Let the fun begin!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

MY MY MY.... the season isn't even started yet and here we go! :-D
i ABSOLUTELY LOVE it! lol
well my opionion on the matter is that the Boys from FED will come out on top. Trimble just won't have enough and i believe that the new "BIG KID" is a lot of talk. We'll see how he does against Justin Stanley and Ethan Williams in the paint! MY WILL IT BE INTERESTING!

I will also take this time to agree with Friday Nites and disagree with GW. The coaching the past couple of years at Fed are great for winning but horrible for building a program. Anyone should know that! OPEN YOUR EYES... its pathetic!

I will take Fed in the Season Opener... Fed- 65
Cats- 58.....................i know its early to make a score prediction but as of now its Fed in a close one!
GO LANCERS

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

tazman - I have to disagree with you on one thing. The coaching was not pathetic.

If it was, they would have never won the amount of games that they did last year. Or the year before that, with Joe. Like it or not, Bob Vales coached to win, and he did.

Now, did that leave some kids on the short end of the stick, in terms of varsity experience? Yes, it did. However, I think that these kids will come through and have a great year. I'm looking forward to how things pan out with Coach E.

Should be alot of fun!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”