Division IV Lucasville Valley and Meigs County sectionals

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: Division IV Lucasville Valley and Meigs County sectional

Post by Eaglesnest »

IndianFan4life wrote:Does anyone see any way that Green can win over Notre Dame?
Will the Bruce kid be playing? Even with him I don't see the bobcats winning, but best of luck to them.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I would like to see Green really utilize the big kid (Adam Rift) could be spelling his name wrong. But, I don't know if that would b enough. ND plays so fast don't know if Green can keep up. Would love to see the upset though. Haven't heard if the Bruce kid will play. Good luck to both!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Would be a great upset

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Great upset? Why? A team who has its first real successful season in a long time ended so short isn't something I'd like to see. I'd love to see another matchup of ND vs Eastern (this time on the Bobcats floor as a rubber match). The last game was amazing and those two teams are fun to watch. Maybe for others ND losing is a good thing, getting to the top the easy way and not playing good teams was always my dream.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Eastern Pike is not going to lose and will make it to that District Final. South Gallia has a legitimate shot at knocking off ND but I believe ND would win 8 out of 10 meetings on a neutral floor. This District Final rematch is not a long shot dream it is more than likely going to happen and was well planned by the SOC coaches.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

If manchester is clickin their the one team that no one in the district wants to have to play..they can have 3-4 players score in double figures on any given night

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

South Webster just knocked off Lucasville Valley....that's the best D4 SE win all season

There are about 4 teams with the highest ceiling....South Webster may be atop it.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Pretty sure Manchester only has one, MAYBE two averaging double figures. I know Rickets isnt in double figures, and not sure about West. Manchester will go as far as Combs takes them. If he plays well they will be in the game, if he playes bad they will lose. The others feed off him...

...................and that my friends, is the UGLYTRUTH!

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Eastern Pike is not going to lose and will make it to that District Final. South Gallia has a legitimate shot at knocking off ND but I believe ND would win 8 out of 10 meetings on a neutral floor. This District Final rematch is not a long shot dream it is more than likely going to happen and was well planned by the SOC coaches.

Your right Jimmy, if the Eagles can get past Eastern Meigs in the sectional they can make it to the Regional without having to play outside of the conference which they were 13-1 in. I dont know how much better it can get than that.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

FYI, Webster girls did play at Meigs HS this year and at Athens HS a year ago. They return to Jackson H.S. if they win. Webster is right on the dividing line.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:
Swanker Pine wrote:Why in the world does Beaver play at Meigs ??

Well not every team is as fortunate as the boys from Webster getting to play 15 mins or so away in a gym they are familiar with. Beaver Eastern would probably play at Valley if not for all the SHL teams that were in that sectional. You can't put any of them in the Meigs sectional, they would have to take a half day off school to make that trip.

I was refering to this post.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

streetballer wrote:If manchester is clickin their the one team that no one in the district wants to have to play..they can have 3-4 players score in double figures on any given night

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Manchester is a one man team that will be lucky to get out of their sectional. With all the bulletin board material you have gave teams streetballer you may have really hurt Manchester.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

They will beat fairfield and then beat either southern or trimble

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They would definitely beat Trimble.

You know Manchester will be Fairfield but aren't sure who will win the Southern/Trimble matchup?

dukefan
Waterboy

Post by dukefan »

Comment about eastern for sure getting to district final because they are within the conference. Because if new Boston beats east they will play them the last meeting was a 2pt game and horsley torched them they would have to beat them 3x I'm just saying if nb clicking they are very scary team

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

streetballer wrote:If manchester is clickin their the one team that no one in the district wants to have to play..they can have 3-4 players score in double figures on any given night
I thought Manchester wasn't going to play in the OHSAA tournament? I thought that they decided to try to play in the NCAA March Madness tournament? That way they could actually play good games....and isn't Combs battling Harrison Barnes and Anthony Davis for Naismith POY, streetballer? COME ON MAN!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”