Freshman Team

Re: Division IV Lucasville Valley and Meigs County sectional

Post by oldpgguy »

St. Joe is 8-6

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hardwood wrote:The Meigs bracket should be interesting. A few weeks ago the team records looked like this at Meigs
1.Southern 9-1
2.Beaver Eastern 8-3
3.South Gallia 7-4
4.Waterford 4-5
5.Eastern 4-5
6.ISJ 6-6
7.SV 5-6
8.Miller 3-7
9.Trimble 1-11
Now they look like this
1. Southern 11-2
2. Beaver Eastern ?
3. Waterford 7-5
4. South Gallia 7-7
5. ISJ ?
6. SV ?
7. Eastern 4-8
8. Miller 3-8
9. Trimble 2-12
Waterford is really coming on after starting the season 0-5 they have won 7 straight games. South Gallia has lost 3 games in the last couple weeks.
Hardwood ... All you have to do is click on the tournament link on trivalleyconference.com ... all the records are kept up to date buddy.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

if i was a betting man i would bet that either fairfield or manchester will be 4 and whiteoak will be 5. they won't let them get away from each other this year like to they did last year. getting to the district is not that hard but getting a win or two is another story.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

93Bulldog wrote:
Hardwood wrote:The Meigs bracket should be interesting. A few weeks ago the team records looked like this at Meigs
1.Southern 9-1
2.Beaver Eastern 8-3
3.South Gallia 7-4
4.Waterford 4-5
5.Eastern 4-5
6.ISJ 6-6
7.SV 5-6
8.Miller 3-7
9.Trimble 1-11
Now they look like this
1. Southern 11-2
2. Beaver Eastern ?
3. Waterford 7-5
4. South Gallia 7-7
5. ISJ ?
6. SV ?
7. Eastern 4-8
8. Miller 3-8
9. Trimble 2-12
Waterford is really coming on after starting the season 0-5 they have won 7 straight games. South Gallia has lost 3 games in the last couple weeks.
Hardwood ... All you have to do is click on the tournament link on trivalleyconference.com ... all the records are kept up to date buddy.
Thanks 93, that makes it easy to find. Great job of not only keeping the TVC updated but all the sectional teams.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No problem hardwood ... I love keeping up with the sectionals ... I love me some tournament basketball ... lol

I think it goes like this in my life ...

#4) X-mas
#3) B-Day
#2) Super Bowl
#1) Convo basketball & the district tournament.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

93BullDog,

Just wanted to commend you for the TVC-Website. It is first rate and should be the model for any other leagues looking to develop a league website. The format/organization is excellent making it easy to follow the individual teams, standings, scoring leaders, and tournament information. Your site is also the most up-to-date of all the high school sports websites that I use regularly. Thanks!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

jimmy chipwood wrote:93BullDog,

Just wanted to commend you for the TVC-Website. It is first rate and should be the model for any other leagues looking to develop a league website. The format/organization is excellent making it easy to follow the individual teams, standings, scoring leaders, and tournament information. Your site is also the most up-to-date of all the high school sports websites that I use regularly. Thanks!
Thx - I appreciate the comments ... Its only a work in progress though - I wish it were a lot better ... If you choose to follow boys AND girls teams; time is spent on the information instead of design features ... Over the summer though I will make drastic improvements.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think this year, more than any I can remember is wide open....still plenty of time to peak, but Notre Dame, Southern, South Webster, Manchester, Fairfield, Eastern Pike, Whiteoak could all be a team in the regionals. Ironton St Joe, Waterford, South Gallia and New Boston could go for a good run as well.

Wide open

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Looks like the Meigs Sectional Draw could get very interesting. Southern losing another one could open the door for Eastern Pike to get that #1 Seed. They are red hot right now. Everything in this draw is wide open with St. Joe beating Wellston that will give them a huge boost going into tournament time. The Miller/Eastern game next week will prolly decide who is the 8 seed. It will just be interesting how the 6 TVC schools vote. If they stick together the other 3 might be in trouble. My prediction is....

#1 Southern (Just because the TVC dominates the Draw)
#2 Eastern Pike
#3 Waterford
#4 South Gallia
#5 Ironton St. Joe (Could be a 3 or 4 but will get hosed by all the TVC teams)
#6 Eastern (Might get help from TVC schools if they win a couple)
#7 Symmes Valley (Could get hosed by TVC schools if they dont win a couple more)
#8 Miller
#9 Trimble

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It will be tough to earn that No. 1 seed when you have 6-of-the-9 teams from the Hocking division ... But its not like Southern (11-3) is not deserving - and I don't see them losing another game the rest of the year.

But in all honesty - what's the difference between the 1 and the 2? Not much at all.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

The difference is huge, 4 or 5 seed from the other sectional rather than the 3 seed which is going to be either South Webster or Manchester, not sure if any one really wants to play either of those schools

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

It is a well known fact in all tourney draws, in all sports, leagues stick together. It's only natural (for future peace) but I don't think that is a team's #1 criterion for voting. I believe it is to vote how it will improve your chance of winning (who you might have to play), then conference ties and finally actual records. That's the beauty of it.

I agree that with St. Joe beating Wellston, it should improve their standing in the draw, but a very important game lies for the Flyers the night before the draw. SJ travels to Symmes Valley. If the Flyers lose to SV, I'd say they are looking at a 7 or 8, if the Flyers win, they could end up anywhere from 4-6 depending on how Waterford, South Gallia and Eastern finish up to the draw.

Eastern and Southern definitely are #1 and #2. Eastern's game, the night before the draw, with Notre Dame might go a long way to determine who is #1, but there is still the TVC's support to factor in. I'd say Miller and Trimble are 8 and 9. The rest is still hanging in the balance over the next 11 days.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Very good win by St.Joe over Wellston will make the 3-6 seeding interesting. But, as already stated, the TVC schools have the votes. As of now, this is where I would put them.

#1/#2 Southern/Eastern Pike (depends on how they finish, but TVC majority may factor)
#3 Waterford-red hot right now
#4 Ironton St. Joe
#5 South Gallia-really slipping
#6 Symmes Valley
#7 Eastern-major slip since the start of the season
#8 Miller
#9 Trimble

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

I can see it going like this.
1. Southern
2. Eastern pike
3. Waterford
4 south Gallia
5. St Joe
6 Symmes valley
7. Eastern
8. Miller
9. Trimble

Since there are 6 TVC schools, they will have the most say to whom gets what seed. That's why southern is 1. Then south Gallia over St. Joe, because the TVC voting power can get them home team. Symmes valley over eastern since waterford and eastern don't want to play a third time, the same with Symmes valley and eastern ( pike).

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

BigShooter wrote:The difference is huge, 4 or 5 seed from the other sectional rather than the 3 seed which is going to be either South Webster or Manchester, not sure if any one really wants to play either of those schools

Thought the same thing. Would rather take a chance against nd, which is a really good team, then facing south Webster or Manchester.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

ttt

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

When are the drawings?

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

not this sunday, but next

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

I wouldn't put a lot into the TVC voting for each other. I remember in 2010 Eastern Pike got the 2 seed and Southern got the 3 seed. That year only 2 teams came out of the sectional and Southern ended up playing Eastern Pike in the championship. Out of the other bracket 1-5 are all pretty even so chances are wheather you are a 1 seed or not it will be a tough game in the district.

Return to “Boys Basketball”