3. Manchester
4. Lees burg Fairfield
5. South Webster
6. Whiteoak
7. East
8. Green
9. Western
10. Clay

Not saying I think that's how it should be, but that's how it will be. As far as strength of schedule, doesn't matter. What matters is 6 SOC I schools in this sectional being able to guarantee 2 spots at districts for their league and letting SHL schools and Webster play knockout in the sectional.*

There's no way Green and East has a tougher schedual than Westerns and both have lost to western and Western be seated lower no way.

Lightle04
SE

Re: Division IV Lucasville Valley and Meigs County sectional

Post by Lightle04 »

And also New Boston is a 6 seed maybe a 5 they are going to have a decent record but need a quality win to get that high of a seed. IMO .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Just killed 15 minutes of life to pretty much say Whiteoak will face Fairfield or Manchester somehow....with some South Webster stuff as well.

#5 Fairfield by 10 over #4 Clay....then onto the district finals to lose to South Webster
#6 Whiteoak over #3 Green....then on to the district finals to lose to Manchester
#1 Manchester to the regional finals
#2 South Webster to the regional semis

#4 Whiteoak lost to #5 Fairfield.....then South Webster defeated Fairfield
#3 Manchester all the way to the regionals

#4 Fairfield over #5 Whiteoak...Fairfield lost a close one to eventaul state champ Oak Hill
Manchester played South Webster.....Manchester to the districts

Manchester played Whiteoak....Manchester won and went to the district finals
Fairfield went to the district semis

South Webster to the regionals
Whiteoak over Notre Dame by 20...Whiteoak loses in the districts

Fairfield over Green
South Webster state champions
Whiteoak beat Manchester by 25.....then beat Clay by 30 (Cam Thoroman's last high school game)...Whiteoak lost to South Webster in district finals

South Webster over Fairfield.......South Webster to regionals
Whiteoak over Manchester by 30.....lost in the district finals

Whiteoak to the districts...beat Manchester

Whiteoak to the regional finals...beat Manchester along the way

Whiteoak to the Final 4.....beat Manchester and South Webster along the way

Whiteoak to the regionals....not sure who they beat

Whiteoak to the districts....not sure who they beat

Whiteoak beat Clay 104-51?.....then played SHL North Adams

In the past 13 years Whiteoak has faced either Manchester or Fairfield OR hammered an SOC 1 team.....

How long has it been since Notre Dame, Green, Clay, New Boston or East has made it to the regionals....or even to the district finals in a year where 1 SE District team went to the regionals.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

2007 Western made it to the final 8 . 2008 district ,2009 had a fair little run but struggled since then.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

It's pretty much guaranteed that two SHL teams will face off in the sectionals. They aren't going to let last year repeat itself.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

with 6 of the 9 votes for the meigs sectional the TVC will have things stacked up just the way they want long before the meeting. some things never change

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

pleasanttiger wrote:with 6 of the 9 votes for the meigs sectional the TVC will have things stacked up just the way they want long before the meeting. some things never change

I guess ISJ should be the number 1 seed? One thing that will never change is you on here every year crying about the seeding ISJ gets and them going out in the first round.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The TVC can overwhelm the voting as well but they at least represent well in the torunament. Eastern, Southern, Waterford, Miller have all made the district finals in the last 5 years and South Gallia, Trimble have made multiple appearances to the Convo in that same frame.

norman dale2
Waterboy

Post by norman dale2 »

Strength of schedule will never be taken into consideration as it should, but nonetheless you have to beat someone good at some point in time in order to advance in the tournament. But the whole purpose of the seeding in the sectional tournament is to set up the best possible matchups in the district finals. Also, saw a comment on here earlier where only two teams get out of sectional in DIV, not true...go to seodab.org and you'll see that four (4) teams from each sectional advance to the districts this year, and this is true in divisions II-IV.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

ironman,
good run down of whiteoak tournament history. i think you have 2000 and 2001 backwards. 2000 they went to their first regional. in 2001 they were defeated in the district by symmes valley. in 1999 in coach kennedy's last season they went 18-2 and lost to north adams in the sectional finals. during those 3 seasons i don't remember who they beat along the way.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:
pleasanttiger wrote:with 6 of the 9 votes for the meigs sectional the TVC will have things stacked up just the way they want long before the meeting. some things never change

I guess ISJ should be the number 1 seed? One thing that will never change is you on here every year crying about the seeding ISJ gets and them going out in the first round.

No I don't think the Flyers are a 1 seed, possibly 4or a 5. last year is the FIRST time i you have ever heard me complain about the seeding the Flyers received. The 2 years before that,we got what we deserved, but last year was a major shaft job and anyone that follows this sectional knows it. The coaches of the TVC as a group WILL already know what the seedings will be BEFORE they ever get to the meeting. thats not crying its just stating the truth

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thought they were 19-1 that year.

Whiteoak also made the districts in 1997 and 1998

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah....I mixed up 2000 and 2001

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I have a hard time believing that isj will get a 4 or 5 seed with that many TVC teams in that sectional. I see them more as a 6 or 7. Waterford is red hot right now symmes valley will get it going again and if Eastern can start winning some games they will most likely be up there as well. The 1 and 8 and 9 seeds look to be set 2-7 is very debatable and will be until the draw

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

If there is 4 teams that come out then this is how it will prob go if I am correct, if I'm not then please correct me.....#4-Fairfield vs #5-Whiteoak and then #3-Manchester vs #6-South Webster. This means it only guarantees 1 SHL team to go to Disticts.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

1.Notre Dame
2.South Webster
3.Manchester
4.Fairfield
5.White Oak
6.New Boston
7.Western
8.East
9.Green
10.Clay

Maybe. I have Webster at #2 cause of it being a soc loaded draw. They will get lots of respect cause they play against all the big schools in soc II where they are the only d-4 team and they are very competative .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

South Webster being an SOC member doesn't count nearly as much as they are always tourney tested and tough regardless of record....SW might as well be an SHL school for this sectional.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I agree with Ironman92.

In addition to people trying to "vote for their own" so to speak, they also vote based on who they DON'T want to play against. That is something that is more important than simply wins and losses or conference affiliation, in some situations. I fully expect someone not seeded in the top 4 to come out of this Sectional and advance to the District Tourney...if not possibly two teams rather than just one. Any time you have a D-IV Sectional with the likes of Whiteoak AND South Webster flirting with being seeded outside of the top 4, you're staring an "upset" (upset by seeding ONLY) dead in the eyes.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Lightle: won't matter a bit with regards to Webster...SOC I schools will lump them in with the SHL schools and avoid them like the plague. Strength of schedule means NOTHING in this sectional.*

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

To sit in a sectional draw is something people should get to experience. And a lot has to do with the order of the draw. Coaches have a good idea of how it is going to go down when they enter the room. But sometimes you get an opportunity to vote in a way to improve your seeding or match up. And coaches pounce on it! It has nothing to do with records or schedules. It's about survival. And coaches have an obligation to their team to vote the way that best improves their chances on advancing. Coaches set goals, especially the ones that know they are going to finish mid pack in they're respective leagues. The goal is get the kids to the Convo. And that sometimes start day 1 in practice and come tournament time, if you have to throw another team under the bus to get the match up you want, then you do it. It's that simple.......

Return to “Boys Basketball”