SG parents/fans....REALLY???

Hercules
JV Team

SG parents/fans....REALLY???

Post by Hercules »

After watching the Rebels play as individuals and not as a team and get beat by a team that they blew out a month ago...I was a little embarrassed!!! But the actions of some parents/fans after the game made me ashamed to let anyone know that I was a SG fan!!! We had one parent going after the coach and parents ready to fight one another!!!! Without a doubt the most embarrassing moment I've ever had as a SG fan!!! How bout we let the coaches coach...the players play and the fans be supportive of both!!!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Re: SG parents/fans....REALLY???

Post by pleasanttiger »

the fans acting bad in mercerville???? Now thats a SHOCKER!

Was thrilled when the Flyers took them off our schedule.

tazz21
Riding the Bench

Post by tazz21 »

pleasanttiger...since you twisted and denied FACTS about last year's game, your opinion holds no weight with me and I am not from SG but was at the game last year. I also wish nothing but the best for your school and your kids.

I find it hard to believe Coach Saunders should be confronted by any school supporter. He has the kids playing a fun brand of ball to watch.I may be naive, but I believe they enjoy playing for him.

I wasn't at the game but would guess there was a personal agenda involved that needs put aside. They have a special bunch of kids that they're not going to see again for awhile at SG...Hope they can put things back together and get ready for a good tournament run.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

tazz.... there is no twisting what happened there last year, or any year i've been there. I wasn't giving my opinion on what happened there last night , heck I wasn't there, Just stating ny shock that the mercyville faithful would act like that.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Ol' Blue wrote:After watching the Rebels play as individuals and not as a team and get beat by a team that they blew out a month ago...I was a little embarrassed!!! But the actions of some parents/fans after the game made me ashamed to let anyone know that I was a SG fan!!! We had one parent going after the coach and parents ready to fight one another!!!! Without a doubt the most embarrassing moment I've ever had as a SG fan!!! How bout we let the coaches coach...the players play and the fans be supportive of both!!!
You say this Ol' Blue but then are on another forum bashing the Jr. High coaches. Doesn't make much sense to me. I think the situation is behind the team and SG will move on. Things wasn't going well at that time of the game and that's why it escalated. I was also at the game just like every game. Everyone is happy when we win. If we are losing, it is the coaches fault or the officials. We had a bad shooting night and that is that. The MAVS shouldn't of beat the HEAT last year but they did.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Ol' Blue, who are you anyway?

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Ol Blue.....you wrote...

Definately agree!!! Even tho the 8th grade coach teaches at HT elem... and the 7th grade coach lives 1/2 mile away and the girls coach lives 5 minutes away...none of them show up till "practice" time!!! What's wrong with that??? All of the Jr high basketball players have no supervision for 3 hrs!!! So they just run around the school or wherever till practice time!!! They're practices are nothing but chaos!!! The varsity programs will start feeling the residue from the lack of coaching and supervision in the very near future!!!!

Did you forget the statement you wrote about this Jr. High program. I dont think parents should use the school for babysitters after school. Make your kids mind and they wouldn't fight.

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

after watching that thing walking around in the endzone of our Footballl game dresses like a 2 dollar hooker I do not think you can embarass South Gallia!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

tazz21 wrote:pleasanttiger...I find it hard to believe Coach Saunders should be confronted by any school supporter. He has the kids playing a fun brand of ball to watch.I may be naive, but I believe they enjoy playing for him.
I agree with that ... Every time I see Coach Saunders coach - I like him more and more ... Sat right behind the bench in Fed Hock and I left thinking "I would definitly like to play for that guy."

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Coach Saunders was a great coach to play for. Also the Rebels miss Coach Brace on the sidelines another great.coach that did alot for the SG program .

SE Wild Child
Waterboy

Post by SE Wild Child »

s.v.vikinglinex2 wrote:after watching that thing walking around in the endzone of our Footballl game dresses like a 2 dollar hooker I do not think you can embarass South Gallia!!!
whats this about? lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SE Wild Child wrote:
s.v.vikinglinex2 wrote:after watching that thing walking around in the endzone of our Footballl game dresses like a 2 dollar hooker I do not think you can embarass South Gallia!!!
whats this about? lol
Would like to see the youtube video on that please ... :mrgreen:

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Here it goes
Jr high...13/14 yr old boys and girls running around the school unsupervised for 3 hrs...what could go wrong with that??? I wouldn't allow that in my house and shouldn't happen at school..
U even made the statement that SG does fine once they get to hs and since they're not even competitive in Jr high where do u think that the problem is??? As their former coach how many freshman ever played on your jv team??? Unless u had to play them??? Imagine how good the HS team would be if the first year or two u didn't have to teach basic fundamentals!!!

High school...just pointing out the fans/parents need to check their actions because not only did I see this so did several young kids and Wahama fans!!! SG used to be one of the most made fun of programs in SEO but since Coach Saunders has took over that's changed and they now have the respect that they so desperately want in Mercervile!!! But the actions of a few has everybody talking about the school in a negative way ...again!!!

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

My freshman year in 02-03 we had 7 or 8 freshman on jv. I was the starting pg. Also all the freshman got playing time. The next year after that there was just as many freshman on that jv team as the year before. Our jv team from 03 to 06 only lost like 3 or 4 games.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

The 02-03 group was good... But it was a result of Mike Waugh coaching and teaching fundamentals and the game and not the result of anything that the Jr high coach did!!! So you've had 2nd 3 good freshmen groups in 20 years and you're happy with that??? I guess if you continually set your expectations low...you'll always achieve your goals!!!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

I'm not saying anything bad about Coach Saunders or coach Howell ..both very good coches and even better men!!! The varsity program is in very good hands!!! Just would like to see them get some help at the Jr high ranks!!! I know that Coach Brace has a son in the 5 th or 6 th grade... Why don't they hire him???

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I made a mistake of holding open gyms and inviting kids. I made an even bigger mistake running my mouth after I did what I did. It has been good rehab for me not being allowed to coach. I know now I should be coaching there and even greater, I know why I am not. I truly needed a wake-up call on a few mistakes. I would love to help that team out.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

93Bulldog wrote:
tazz21 wrote:pleasanttiger...I find it hard to believe Coach Saunders should be confronted by any school supporter. He has the kids playing a fun brand of ball to watch.I may be naive, but I believe they enjoy playing for him.
I agree with that ... Every time I see Coach Saunders coach - I like him more and more ... Sat right behind the bench in Fed Hock and I left thinking "I would definitly like to play for that guy."
You would need to quit smoking..... :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

touche on that Steely Dan ... lol

Probably a good idea to drop the extra 20 pounds why I'm at it.

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

Ol' Blue wrote:I'm not saying anything bad about Coach Saunders or coach Howell ..both very good coches and even better men!!! The varsity program is in very good hands!!! Just would like to see them get some help at the Jr high ranks!!! I know that Coach Brace has a son in the 5 th or 6 th grade... Why don't they hire him???

I think the coaching staff lost their cool and should be punished. You teach your kids to not pay attention to the crowd and then you turn around and do the exact thing your teaching not to do. I think Coach Brace would be great with the discipline and structure. He is a great game coach if you haven't seen him coach a game. He wont be unemployed for long because he knows the game. I think the Varsity is in good hands because howell is their now to replace Brace. It would be a nightmare with Saunders and Jp Davis. Saunders is a good motivator but struggles in situation in the game. That's where Brace was an asset to the boys.

Return to “Boys Basketball”