South Point 08-09

uscwannabe
Waterboy

Re: South Point 08-09

Post by uscwannabe »

any tlk of jordan burton, i heard he was a rele good point gaurd tht can dribble n shoot the outside j pretty well, dont get me wrong i heard he can also get into the lane with his quick speed :?:

uscwannabe
Waterboy

Post by uscwannabe »

any tlk of jordan burton, i heard he was a rele good point gaurd tht can dribble n shoot the outside j pretty well, dont get me wrong i heard he can also get into the lane with his quick speed :?: :?:

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

The Pointers 08-09 basketball season in my openion will not be near as successfull as last season. Coming off the 20-0 regular season it will be to tough to repeat. The loss of Todd Mayo will hurt this Pointer team, they do have replacements for all of the seniors that left. Cody Taylor will be replacing his brother Cory at center, Drew Lynd and Chase Kratzenburg will be returning for SP and they were a help to the team. The Pointers also have a transfer from Cincinnati. I have seen him play around some and he looks pretty good but im not sure how he can handle it in a game. I think the Pointers will have a pretty solid team this season but as far as a 20-0 repeat....I dont see it happenin sorry to say.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

Can anyone post a schedule?

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

vchoops wrote:Can anyone post a schedule?

As soon as I can find a schedule for the season ill let you know.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

primetime20 wrote:im surprised there are no comments on this...come on people this team went 20-0 in the regular season last year...i think there is a shot they can do it again

Yeah, well they should have been 19-1 in regular season last year because they Northwest Mohawks had them beat until the "refs" started to call crap calls...for example 3 straight charge calls on Hank Leslie and all he did was post up a kid and the kid fell down and he got 3 charge calls right in a row. which he scored on all 3 charge calls..

lguard10
Waterboy

Post by lguard10 »

Its going to be a tough start this year i think for the pointers. I think they will rule the OVC no doubt. What matters is how they stick together this year. Yes mayo was a big part of the pointers last year and thats some Huge shoes to replace but i think that they can do it. From what ive heard they have some pretty good talent coming from the underclassmen. They may not go undefeated through the regular season but not expecting to many loses either. Pointers will do just fine this year..

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

u_kno_me wrote:
primetime20 wrote:im surprised there are no comments on this...come on people this team went 20-0 in the regular season last year...i think there is a shot they can do it again

Yeah, well they should have been 19-1 in regular season last year because they Northwest Mohawks had them beat until the "refs" started to call crap calls...for example 3 straight charge calls on Hank Leslie and all he did was post up a kid and the kid fell down and he got 3 charge calls right in a row. which he scored on all 3 charge calls..

Let's not get anything stirred up u-kno-me, it was a hard fought game from both sides and sometimes calls just don't go your way....the refs did get a little lenient towards the end of the game but mayo also got pretty hot in the end...but it would have been nice to have been the only team in the regular season to give them a notch by loss column....but it happens what can you do!

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Is Mayo still at SP or not?
Without him they may be better,kid is really cocky and wants to be the center of attention. I watched him 4 times last year. He has perhaps Small College talent maybe? His skills are play ground at best he could be a lot better than he is.
Shoves ad talks trash the whole game ,EVERY GAME!

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:Is Mayo still at SP or not?
Without him they may be better,kid is really cocky and wants to be the center of attention. I watched him 4 times last year. He has perhaps Small College talent maybe? His skills are play ground at best he could be a lot better than he is.

He's gone and no we won't be better without him we probably won't win the league.
You got the wrong kid! He never talked trash this past year. that may have been something he did when he was younger but I saw every game and he rarely ever said anything back to the opposing players. They were even calling him the N word and hedidn't talk back.

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

It is amazing how morons that have no idea what they are talking about will put a kid's name and statement out here like this. I don't think any segment of this is remotely true. As a dragon fan I am not sure to be glad or sad he is gone? It sure WILL make it easier on us (not that i am saying anything will be easy, SP beat us twice last year, just saying SP won't be as good w/o mayo) but it was fun watching Todd. He will land better than small college! Never saw anything negative from him myself. Just talent.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

lol.....thats funny

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

d2dragon wrote:

It is amazing how morons that have no idea what they are talking about will put a kid's name and statement out here like this. I don't think any segment of this is remotely true. As a dragon fan I am not sure to be glad or sad he is gone? It sure WILL make it easier on us (not that i am saying anything will be easy, SP beat us twice last year, just saying SP won't be as good w/o mayo) but it was fun watching Todd. He will land better than small college! Never saw anything negative from him myself. Just talent.

I agree I watched Todd in every game last year and never saw him utter a word back.I don't believe the Tood May that played last year trash talked and was a ball hog at all. He would dish it off when they were all focusing on him and won some games that way! He was stone cold in his facial expressions and never seemed to get rattled. Now in the past this might have happend but not last year at all. He may have been saying it under his breath but if he was I couldn't see it. He really could have lost it at Coal Grove last year but he kept his composure. That really tells alot about what he can handle and the way some of the boys at CG were dogging him he had every right to lay one of them out! I hope he makes it big time!

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

No Mayo is no longer at SP he is in Memphis with OJ. The pointers will not be better without him because it is a huge loss cause he was no doubt the best player in the area when he was on his A game. Mayo did not talk trash last season, yes he used to when he was younger but last season he was matured up and didnt talk trash. He did have colleges looking at him last year, and playing in memphis now he is only goin to get better. He didnt really shove either...he did late in the season when it happened to him and they wouldnt call it, but without Mayo at SP i dont see another 20-0 regular season

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I saw Mayo in only one game, against Ironton. I wasn't all that impressed. What's the big deal? Lil bro and sis riding the coattails, no substance.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:I saw Mayo in only one game, against Ironton. I wasn't all that impressed. What's the big deal? Lil bro and sis riding the coattails, no substance.

And don't you wish you had a coattail to ride on? I bet you couldn't beat him one on one and No substance,? Little Sister T'Ann is living in South Point and going to Marshall sound like she has it going on. Don't judge unless you know the whole story.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I saw SP a few times last year. Mayo is a player IMO. Never saw anything negative from him.
Defenders did a lot of grabbing and holding against him. I am sure he did his share of shoving/pushing to free himself from defenders. Like any offensive player would. I wish Todd good luck in Memphis. Hate to see a player of his caliber move from the area.
That being said... the topic of this thread is South Point 08-09.... that would be this years team.

SP has good quickness and decent size. They will defend. I think they will be competitive with anyone in the OVC this year. Not sure of their OOC schedule.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

wemufans wrote:
GalliaGrad78 wrote:I saw Mayo in only one game, against Ironton. I wasn't all that impressed. What's the big deal? Lil bro and sis riding the coattails, no substance.

And don't you wish you had a coattail to ride on? I bet you couldn't beat him one on one and No substance,? Little Sister T'Ann is living in South Point and going to Marshall sound like she has it going on. Don't judge unless you know the whole story.

I saw miss T-Ann play also. Coattails. Period. Nuff Said.
And, I never said that I could play.
Last edited by GalliaGrad78 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Fairland made it to regionals in boys basketball, better than gallia boys, and todd was the best player in the ovc

Gallia girls lost their first game in the tourny and SP made it to the sweet 16 and t'ann started

dude you have a problem, shut up and quit being jealous, OJ worked hard for the money he is making, why would you not want to move to memphis and support your FAMILY with the great accomplishment they have achieved, talent alone does not get you to the NBA your work ethic does....hhmmmm why would two D-I schools offer todd a scholarship if he sucked....is anyone getting offers at Gallia?

earp
S

Post by earp »

He is a lights out shooter no doubt about that!One of his weaknesses though from the couple of times I have seen him play is he needs to develop a left hand.He has a tendency to pick his dribble up when he goes left,If you allow him to go right and shoot off of the dribble though he will kill you!He is going to be playing alot faster competition where he is going,If he doesnt develop that other hand he is just going to be another player in Memphis!Definetly a raw talent though! ;-)As far as the trash talking,I havent seen that at all???He seems like a pretty quiet kid to me!Now on the other hand his big brother,Well thats a different story! :lol: No comparison in the talent level to him and his brother though,Not saying he couldn't be that good but lets wait and see??

Return to “Boys Basketball”