Burg Freshman

breadandbutter7
Waterboy

Re: Burg Freshman

Post by breadandbutter7 »

Excited to see him play, almost that time again.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

I have seen them all play, Holden no doubt will be the best High school player. Many of the Ironton kids are finished growing, and a couple arent even a legit 6 foot. Holden will be 6'6 or better it appears and will jump straight over top of eveyone else. He has an upside, most of the others peaked already.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

One question...Is the Holden boy a true Freshman or has he been held back for sports like some of the kids mentioned on here? Which I think is absolutely ridiculous and something OSHA should stop.....

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

olegoat50 wrote:One question...Is the Holden boy a true Freshman or has he been held back for sports like some of the kids mentioned on here? Which I think is absolutely ridiculous and something OSHA should stop.....
It is hard to judge a player from this area on their true age. With all the pre-k and pre-1st in the county there is probably less than 10% of the boys in this freshman age group that started school when they technically could have started based on state standards. If you consider any boy born before 10/1/2000 as being held back from this freshman class it is actually probably significantly less than 10% that started "on time" .

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

im talking about these kids who's parents hold their kids back for sports.... How old is the Holden kid?

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

It's became an epidemic with parents holding kids back for sports....Their even doing it know by not enrolling them in school when they can by masking the true reason their doing it...My favorite excuse is well little johnny wasn't mature enough to start school... lol...The one's who do it later can't make that excuse everyone knows what their doing.....I'd be embarrassed to tell someone I had held my kid back for sports

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

I'm guessing by your answer the Holden boy should be a sophomore...Just guessing...Have no idea and really don't care...I just think it's crazy to make these kids repeat a year of school when academically they were fine but their parent thinks they need to give them an edge in sports.....I've never seen Parents of smart kids who don't play sports hold them back for academics.....Because it would be crazy to...If their kids are so good why the need to do that........OSHA needs to stop this.....

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Tanner Holden has not been held back. He is not even 16 years old yet. I think it's funny that people would speculate that he has been held back just because he is extremely talented. Give credit where credit is due.

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

What would the Occupational Safety and Health Administration have to do with any of this?

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Btw I believe Holden is a true freshman.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

I didn't speculate crap but a true freshman should be 14 going on 15 not 15 going on 16......and fred u can be a smart azz but u know exactly what I'm talking about....

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

I hope he's not 16 yet but if he turns 16 this year he's not a true freshman by any means!!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

No matter your age, if you enter highschool with 4 years eligibility your good.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

olegoat50 wrote:I'm guessing by your answer the Holden boy should be a sophomore...Just guessing...Have no idea and really don't care...I just think it's crazy to make these kids repeat a year of school when academically they were fine but their parent thinks they need to give them an edge in sports.....I've never seen Parents of smart kids who don't play sports hold them back for academics.....Because it would be crazy to...If their kids are so good why the need to do that........OSHA needs to stop this.....
People do what they think is best for their kids, not doing anything not allowed by ohsaa

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

A parent having their child repeat a whole year of School at the States expense even though the kid is doing well with grades to gain an advantage in sports is absolutely bull crap.....Their not doing it for their kid their doing it for all the pats on the back when little johnny dominates kids in his grade that are younger.....What's funny by the time these kids are seniors the others catch and pass 90 percent of them...Tickles my olegoat!!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

That's the problem nowadays everyone thinks they know what's best for everyone else.

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

For a current freshman to truly not have been held back they need to have been born between 10/1/2000 and 9/30/2001. From knowing this freshman class throughout Scioto Co my guess of boys playing sports is less the 10% probably closer to 5% fit these dates.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

No what's wrong nowdays fbnut wrong is right and right is wrong........

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

olegoat50 wrote:No what's wrong nowdays fbnut wrong is right and right is wrong........
I laugh at these posts. I've got news for everyone. It only effects them in the lower pee wee levels. Trevon Pendleton was a stud his sophomore year and still is. Age doesn't matter on him. He can play. And by the way, ohsaa has a rule in place.

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

wobycat wrote:
olegoat50 wrote:No what's wrong nowdays fbnut wrong is right and right is wrong........
I laugh at these posts. I've got news for everyone. It only effects them in the lower pee wee levels. Trevon Pendleton was a stud his sophomore year and still is. Age doesn't matter on him. He can play. And by the way, ohsaa has a rule in place.[/quote

i believe the rule now states a player is eligible until they turn 20 years old. So for a current freshman to be a true freshman they would be born between 10/1/2000 and 9/30/2001. So when this class are Seniors a player would be eligible for the entire basketball season if they were born in March 1999.
March 1999 subtract 9/30/2001 = 2 1/2 years. HUGE difference especially as a freshman.

Return to “Boys Basketball”