Final: @ Portsmouth 67 Peebles 44

Blackjack
JV Team

Re: (14-2) Peebles @ (15-2) Portsmouth, 2/7

Post by Blackjack »

No fool here, Peebles would lose by 22 or more to Chillicothe. Just think Peebles is overrated. Guess we will see in the tourney.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Blackjack wrote:No fool here, Peebles would lose by 22 or more to Chillicothe. Just think Peebles is overrated. Guess we will see in the tourney.
Im just tired of people getting on here and running us down at every oppurtunity.Nobody claimed Peebles to be the best team in the district. We are a borderline D4 team in size with only had 2 players returning from our varsity team last season and we have did incredibly well considering that fact. Portsmouth is the probably the best division 3 team in the district, with 11 seniors. They will most likely make another trip back to state this season.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Peebles is a good team and would do well in the SOC. they can't help that the SHL is weak. They will win there sectional but they are not on the same level as Portsmouth

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote:63 41 Wayne to Dion off the glass for the dunk

that was sweet....trojan7 will have that up on facebook shortly.......

good win for the Trojans,,played a lot of players and got some good point production out of at least 5..Zaide Whiltey was lighting it up eary,due to the double team on Dion down low,and Dion kicking it back out to a wide open Whitley for the 3 ball,,,Whitley had another good night on defense. it suprsies me that as hard as he plays D, he picked up his first fould with 4 minutes left in the game.

best of luck to Peebles.

Trojans get ready for Logan, we was in a dog fight at their place last game,so be ready!

PUNKUNHEAD
Riding the Bench

Post by PUNKUNHEAD »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Sounds like a good one. Heard Portsmouth had a 12-2 run at the beginning of the second which seperated them. Also heard Jake had another dunk.

did that count that as a dunk? I dont think he got high enough to touch the rim

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

BIGPAPA wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:Sounds like a good one. Heard Portsmouth had a 12-2 run at the beginning of the second which seperated them. Also heard Jake had another dunk.

did that count that as a dunk? I dont think he got high enough to touch the rim
Looks like the trolls are coming out. I was told that by two different people so it must have not been that bad. I dont give a crap if he looked like Michael Jordan jumping from the free throw line or not. A dunk is a dunk.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Peebles is a good team they are very quick and like to shoot the 3 the dunk from the Daniels kid was a weak dunk but a dunk is a dunk lol ! Good luck to Peebles the rest of the season. Friday is the last home game for the Troajans let's go get the W over Logan !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It was better than McKinley's dunk versus Whiteoak.

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

Agreeing with the weak statement. Peebles looked wore out coming out of half. Portsmouths conditioning and athleticism were very impressive. Peebles is a very good team this year, even with what they lost last year. They faced a Portsmouth team that is ranked top 10 in the state. Trying to compare these two teams and saying how each would do in their respected conferences is near impossible. I'm ready to see how far these two teams can go in the tournament. Should be quite interesting and enjoyable to watch.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

Pictures of the game now online Gino's Photos

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Great game by the Trojans tonight........I thought Peebles played well, but got run down & tired just before half as the Trojans increased the tempo of the game.....they came out strong 2nd half and turned the intensity up even more.....once again, the Trojans defense was better the second half......I believe this is the second straight game we've held our opponents to fewer than 15 points in the second half........make no mistake, Peebles is a solid team.

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

Marginal slam dunkeroo at best!

At this moment, I must apologize to you, my fellow transcribers, for my gaffe in my preceding post concerning the rankings of local Varsity Instructors. I mistakenly had all outside of the "Needs Improvement" grouping and this was a complete miscalculation on my part. Mismanagement in the changeovers throughout the challenge along with poor execution and turnovers, not to mention a nowshow inside, were the deciding dynamic tonight. Some for Peebles give the impression of puffed up.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

tobiasunderwood wrote:Marginal slam dunkeroo at best!

At this moment, I must apologize to you, my fellow transcribers, for my gaffe in my preceding post concerning the rankings of local Varsity Instructors. I mistakenly had all outside of the "Needs Improvement" grouping and this was a complete miscalculation on my part. Mismanagement in the changeovers throughout the challenge along with poor execution and turnovers, not to mention a nowshow inside, were the deciding dynamic tonight. Some for Peebles give the impression of puffed up.
Surely you jest my good fellow!!! :aaaaa56 Your beautiful sentence formation leaves me in awe. Keep up the good work. ;-)

shlalum
Waterboy

Post by shlalum »

Totally agree with you Tribe......as an instructor of education even I can't make much sense of that post....not sure what a "nowshow inside" is. Thought that the Peebles boys had nothing to hang their heads about against a state final four team. Thought they got too down on themselves too early though but that is understandable. Such a shame the way the numbers are set up for D3.......makes it very tough for schools like Peebles .

acfan
Waterboy

Post by acfan »

Peebles hung with em for the first quarter that was it. It was to bad they had a hard time running the floor with Ports. Peebles was on a run and then they changed things up that broke the flow. Portsmouth was impressive and well coached. Peebles has also had some good wins this season. Was hoping to see a better game but that's how it goes.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Blackjack wrote:Wow.... Sounds like Peebles got dominated. You always hear about how good Peebles is but this shows that they really don't play a very tuff schedule. They would finish in the middle of the pack in the SOC. Just sayin....
It's funny...when Peebles beats a team by 20+ we get on here and be sportsmanlike, and say nice things about the losing team. "good effort," etc. You come out to rub our noses in it. Not classy.

Also you spelled "tough" wrong. Thought I'd rub your nose in that.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

And Congrats Trojans. Thanks for making us a better team; hope we rematch in the tourney.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Chitwood tuff is spelled like that in a slang way lol

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

I was fairly impressed with Peebles in the first half. Only they know how big of a game it was too themselves. Sometimes, when you overhype a matchup one team wears emotionally and physically thin after the initial burst of energy. The Indians were kind of toast at the beginning of the second half which tells me they were probably drained emotionally. I was still impressed with their skill level in the first.

Return to “Boys Basketball”