Warren at Marietta 2/14

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Re: Warren at Marietta 2/14

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

32, 16, 6 wrote:The problem isnt the press my baseball buddy. The problem begins in the non-competive atmosphere of the biddy league and flows through the system. The schedule hasnt got anything to do with getting better. Its all about how hard you worked to get here. Im talking about playing basketball instead of enjoying the pool in the summer. Giving up baseball to go to basketball camp. Giving up family vacations to help with the youth camp. Going to the weight room because you want to. Its about summer basketball. Its work ethic. You gotta start with a passion and build on it.

Hey now...I have been with ya on all your posts until the bashing on baseball!!! LOL.

Go Warriors!

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Cap he s ohio baseball... lol. no baseball bashing here.

Snowman79
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman79 »

I think the only thing classless here is Marietta's coaching using this language infront of kids he is "mentoring" and half of Washington county. Be a man and handle it the right way, not like a tattooed punk.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Cap he s ohio baseball... lol. no baseball bashing here.
I know who you were talking about. He has done some bashing on here. It will be interesting to see how he does in baseball this spring.

FatCharlie
Riding the Bench

Post by FatCharlie »

Snowman and cap'n, you just consecutively posted the two most classless posts I have ever seen in this site. Snowman, aren't you from Marietta? If you are who I think you are, then you have absolutely no spine getting on here and posting. Your wife works at the school, why can't you just go in and talk to the coach yourself? And Cap'n, I bet you feel like a man calling out a 17 year old kid on a message board. You making the trip to Marietta on 4/23?

Notdylanleffingwell
Waterboy

Post by Notdylanleffingwell »

Snowman79 needs to go to the plastic surgeons and ask for his manhood back

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Fatcharlie, I will not post a thing about his play to make him look bad but I will pay attention to how he does.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

A tattooed punk? That coach is one of the best men you will ever meet in your life and he has done so much to help both the basketball and baseball programs. He has personally helped me through 2 baseball seasons now and I wish I would've worked hard enough to play basketball the last few years to play for him. He loves Marietta and the sports of basketball and baseball and does everything he can to help us all out. I'm sorry that you don't like the language he used but he was just expressing his opinion, at least he has the kahones to do that to Coach Duck's face and not come on a message board and call someone a "tattooed punk." I respect Coach Maddox and Duckworth and the jobs they have done with the program but the way they press and press and press later in games gets under people's skin and is often viewed as classless. I do not think that either of them are classless but the pressing rubs some people the wrong way. Snowman I honestly can't believe you dropped the tattooed punk comment, that just absolutely disgusts me. I can't wait to see y'all on April 23rd.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Seem to remember a few times that the Tigers did not call the dogs off in the past. Just kept hasmmering till the end. But that fact seems to escape the losing team. Remember that turn about is fair play. Also The Warren game play is a pressing in your face team concept. Sooooo dance with the gal you brought. You can like it or lump it. This is the way the Warriors play the game close or not. And as mentioned above the guys on the floor in the JV game were freshmen and a soph. Let me think French is a Soph, and isn't their another one that plays a lot of varsity ball? Hummmm what would have happened to Mtta's JV with those two in the game? O'well when the Tigers were puttin it on the Warriors in the past who was classless? Not Marietta, it had to bee Warren, in the eyes of present fans. Seemed like the players on the floor played hard for both teams and put the best effort they could out, too bad the Mtta adminstators stood back and did not moniter any behavior in the stands. But you saw the Warren adminstrators were very visible in and around the Warren crowd. Did some research and the first game between the Tigers and Warriors was a 100-40 win by Marietta around 1969-70. Must have been a classless act on the Warriors part to let Marietta just keep scoring and scoring and scoring and scoring and scoring............................ so they wouldn't humilate Marietta. Here it is in a nutshell. If you jump high enough, you just might get over it. Konw Coach Secrest and he and his staff do a fine job, his players give it their best and the Tigers have had Warrens number in the past, Warren however at this time in space has the better overall talent. And am pretty sure that sometime down the road the opposite will be the case. Ebb and flow folks, ebb and flow of high school athletics. Hope the Tigers can go along way in the tourneys. And Warren as well good luck to both and at the time of year to put this behind and focus on the post season and all the Washington County team representing Washington County well both boys and girls.

Snowman69
Waterboy

Post by Snowman69 »

Good game by the Warriors

FatCharlie
Riding the Bench

Post by FatCharlie »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:Fatcharlie, I will not post a thing about his play to make him look bad but I will pay attention to how he does.
Okay
Last edited by FatCharlie on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Auburntgrfan what are you talking about? Our behavior was and always is monitored very well. Mr. Lee and Mr. Rinard always keep us under control. That's why you hear the "bullsh*t" chant from Warren and not us. Back in the late 60's and early 70's Marietta was a D1 school playing a D3 Warren school. Neither coaching staffs are classless. Everybody love everybody. Except for Snowman.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Ohio baseball: You ready to get on the bus I still have a seat left for ya.

Fat Charlie: On the wonderful world of Seops there two ages young and old. If you are able to post you need to be able to accept the critisim. My baseball buddy is capable of this and also shows he has the ability to admit when he is wrong. I respect that. I am concerned that you my friend have
not read the rules. Please read the rules and be careful to follow them.

I am also very impressed with the Marietta Staff in charge of crowd control!!! At the Warren game a couple of fellows were removed and at Marietta the student section was closely monitored.

Moo thorn. hahaha. Almost as good as the Ward doll....

el savior
Freshman Team

Post by el savior »

We rubbed it in one year when I was on the JV squad, and guess what happened, next time at Warren they did the same to us. I don't see the big deal. You compete until there is no time left, with whoever the coach puts out there. Everyone has different styles. I must be in the minority, but I can't stand it when the winning team stalls it on the losing team, basically taunting them with a big game of hot potato. To each their own I guess.

FatCharlie
Riding the Bench

Post by FatCharlie »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Fat Charlie: On the wonderful world of Seops there two ages young and old. If you are able to post you need to be able to accept the critisim. My baseball buddy is capable of this and also shows he has the ability to admit when he is wrong. I respect that. I am concerned that you my friend have
not read the rules. Please read the rules and be careful to follow them.
Where was I critisized? I was just responding to a completely uncalled for comment made about a member of Marietta's coaching staff. Also, when was I wrong that I would have to admit it? What rules have I broken that you haven't?

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Snowman can you tell me what was said by the coach or are you just gonna keep hiding?

Snowman69
Waterboy

Post by Snowman69 »

I'm going to keep hiding

Snowman69
Waterboy

Post by Snowman69 »

I am Phil

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Hi Phil

Snowman79
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman79 »

A lot can happen when your out on the road lol. First off, I'm not Phil, I do not have a wife that works at the school. Kind of classless to try to make a wild guess but all is fine if you want to call me Phil.
2nd I do respect the coaches at Marietta, I feel as if they are under a microscope due to it being Marietta and handle it well for the most part. As being a friend and a strong supporter of the program throughout most of my life, there have been some things I have loved as well as hated about it. When you've been around it for as long as some of you have been in school, you do grow opinionated.
As for the comment and my comment about the coach... I do understand how low that sounds but may I ask you, if your taking your son to a game or your son is on the team, or your watching the game with your 75 year old mom what would you think about someone seeming to had said what the ---- was that..? I'm man enough to control myself and address the issue in a more tasteful manner. I'm glad he has meant so much to you, we need men like that to help our kids.. And that's their job that I'm glad to see they're doing.

Return to “Boys Basketball”