Re: North Adams @ Peebles 2/17

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Blackjack wrote:TM10 - LOL-league title after losing three in a row. :razz:
Had a pretty good head start didn't we.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

HALLELUJAH, all the stars lined up tonight and the curse has been broken. Congrats to Nathan and all the boys for coming to play. Best of luck in the tourney. And to all the Warrior fans out there, You're Welcome, that makes two out of the last three seasons that NA has pulled it off to put you outright league champs!!! :mrgreen:

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Debo wrote:North Adams is too "off and on" for me. I agree with jchitwood, NA wouldn't compete with the RED HOT warriors if they were to play today. The Northwest game closes the deal for me in this one (Peebles with a huge win and NA with a disappointing loss).

Peebles 15+
Only missed it by 28!!! :mrgreen:

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Sounds like King finally put it all together. Been waiting on that all year.

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

Im as big of a indian fan as anybody but our team has no control. Our coaches need to come up with a better game plan or if they have one maybe figure out how to execute it because our offense is out of control. We have one of the best big men and don't seem to want to get him the ball or no plan to. If nothing changes we will lose the first game in tourney. NA played very well tonight, they had a great game plan and played hard. It was nice to see a team play as a whole, maybe we could learn something.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I was wondering where the North Adams fans had been all year. Now they're coming out of the woodwork.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Hangman, The only thing that you said in your post that is correct is we could lose the first game of the tourney.The coaches can't put the ball in the hole for them.We flat out struggle scoring!Our big man needs to learn to finish inside.Missing 2-3 foot bunnies at 6'6" it should be more like drop step and dunk.I am not just picking on our big man,not one of our top 7 players are playing to their potential.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Hold on Jchitwood. I have been here all year. I quit making predictions when you guys lost to Eastern the first time. I am a lot smarter after the games have been played.

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

jayhawks wrote:Hangman, The only thing that you said in your post that is correct is we could lose the first game of the tourney.The coaches can't put the ball in the hole for them.We flat out struggle scoring!Our big man needs to learn to finish inside.Missing 2-3 foot bunnies at 6'6" it should be more like drop step and dunk.I am not just picking on our big man,not one of our top 7 players are playing to their potential.
Wow. I kinda agree with Hangman and while its true that the coaching staff can NOT put the ball in the hole for them the coaches should have enough ability to control a team of high school boys. The urgency factor comes into play when Peebles gets behind and you can see as things fall apart. They played the way the coaches let them play! If the team doesn't execute and the coaches don't make changes then I do not point fingers at players for not "putting it in the hole". They are still high school kids.

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

Peebles needs to get it together, now!
Can only hope they can find a way to get past these struggles when tournament play begins.

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

warrior 89 wrote:
Debo wrote:North Adams is too "off and on" for me. I agree with jchitwood, NA wouldn't compete with the RED HOT warriors if they were to play today. The Northwest game closes the deal for me in this one (Peebles with a huge win and NA with a disappointing loss).

Peebles 15+
Finally beat Peebles for first time in 3 years!! :mrgreen:
Took you long enough

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

I don't think you want to go there. How many years do you think peebles went before they beat NA three years ago.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

jchitwood wrote:I was wondering where the North Adams fans had been all year. Now they're coming out of the woodwork.
You aren't looking very hard. Did that visitor section look empty last night? Think they came there thinking the game would turn out like it did? I can identify 3 NA fans who posted on this thread Bull, Warrior 89, and myself and none us suddenly came out of the woodwork and it doesn't take long to look thru threads to realize that.
One thing that never should be said about North Adams fans is that they are fairweather or do not support their teams good and bad. Whether it be going to games or supporting the booster program NA is among the best if not the best in the league and it's that way during a gold ball season or seasons like the last couple.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

winning seems to get more people writing instead of just reading. there is a pretty long stretch a few years ago on jj huddle where eastern brown, north adams and whiteoak people were on a lot. and now on seop the peebles followers have definitely grown over the last couple of years. everybody loves a winner and hates a whiner.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

good spoiler victory for the Devils...this rivalry game will heat up even hotter next year.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

jchitwood wrote:I was wondering where the North Adams fans had been all year. Now they're coming out of the woodwork.
I've been here all year, as a matter of fact the last three years. Diehard Devil Fan, and believe me the last couple of years haven't been easy, but there again "win or lose" I'm right there with all the other faithfuls!!!

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Debo wrote:
warrior 89 wrote:

Peebles 15+
Finally beat Peebles for first time in 3 years!! :mrgreen:
Took you long enough
You can't dwell on the past Debo, Victory is Sweet and you still missed it by 28!!! :mrgreen:

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

Obviously you do not understand the definition of "dwell"
Pretty sad when the highlight of your season is against a struggling Peebles team. Guess everybody needs something to acknowledge to on their season.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

I hope the highlight to our season comes against Huntington.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Seasons not over yet so I'm not sure it's the highlight yet but since most (including myself) were predicting a Indian victory I'd say it was a very good win especially since it was at Peebles. I'm not sure why Peebles was struggling. Losses against Portsmouth and Eastern Brown were not unexpected and nothing to hang your head over. Both are excellent ball teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”